🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: cannot buy connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

896 REPLIES 896
6e757378
Community Member

PLEASE am also experiencing this, the bank has deducted my money but I don't see any connect on my account? 

Hi Aregbesola,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear that you were unable to complete your transaction. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
armandelacruzph
Community Member

I've tried all working cards that I have and even Paypal but I still receive the same error when adding a billing info.

I'm from the Philippines and the cards I've used are eligible for international transactions.

Hi Arman,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

It's still not working on my end. I have exceeded the maximum number of attempts to add a payment card as well.

rimple_expobiz
Community Member

Have tried to add a credit card, or debit card to pay for connects. Unable to do so. 

Every time it says, Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again.

I have clear cookies, history, etc. 

IS the card information is same to your account? like card holder name and your upwork profile name?

It is another, not mine, 
But I have previously bought connects from other named Credit card, it worked previously. But not now. 

Hi Rimple,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page.

~ AJ
Upwork
8386a999
Community Member

Hi,

I ma facing issues in buying connects as it shows "Please select the "Buy Connects" button to continue." even after completed the transaction. Could you please help buying connects?

Thanks in advance!.

Hi Anitha,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page.

~ AJ
Upwork
c5fa5811
Community Member

I have been using this same international card for months now even used it 3 days ago. now when I try to buy connects it says processing error try again. I have waited tried again same issue keeps showing please help

The processing error has different reasons, such as bank network disruption, expiration of the card's date, bank orders based on changes within the network, tax problems, and the like.  Your card may have been lost.  To test these things, make an online purchase without doing physical work with the card. If you were able to make a purchase, the problem is with your card and you should go to the bank . If you have problems with payment and processing problems, it may be a problem with the network in front of you 

okay ill try

d34798ab
Community Member

Hi , Unable to buy connects from upwork earnings , no option provided , even after adding billing card , it also failed . No money used from my earnings to buy connects.

Hi Anshumann,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that you do not have an available balance on your Upwork account to purchase Connects. If you are facing challenges purchasing Connects using your card, please contact your card issuing bank to check for available balance and permission to complete international transactions.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi pardeep , I have 5 dollars in my upwork earnings earned from a project recently . If its not in my account please let me know why its not credited still and if its there why I cannot buy my connects using them .

Thanks

Hi Anshumann,

Thank you for reaching out to us. When your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period. The payment was made on the 10th of March so it will be available for withdrawal or use to buy Connects on the 15th.

~ AJ
Upwork
92a195f9
Community Member

Hi!

I have some problems, want to activate Freelance Plus membership but can't!
*We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later.* And button is grey. Help me plese 🙂

Hi Mariia,

Thank you for reaching out. I just checked and it looks like you successfully purchased the Freelancer Plus. Please feel free to reach out if you need additional assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
aec3ca73
Community Member

Hi, i also having same problem, my card was declined for the payment, please help me out. thank you.

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
tanazgems
Community Member

Hello Nikola,

Greetings...

I tried to add connects but every time fails to add new  connects due to failure of attached  error. Please check error and do let me know how I can overcome this problem.

Thanks,

Javed Khan

Hi Javed,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ AJ
Upwork
401dd71b
Community Member

When I want to buy Connects, I keep getting this message.

"Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please refresh the page and try again. If this issue keeps happening, Contact Customer Support."

Hi Chinemerem,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
cee6ba33
Community Member

I have been trying to buy connects  but i am not able to buy  connect ( i have recharged my card ) Screenshot 2023-04-10 093000.png

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue while purchasing Connects. Could you please contact your card issuing bank to check the available limit and permission to complete international transactions? Also, please ensure you are entering the correct card details while completing the transaction. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
cb25f262
Community Member

I cannot add connects too. Each time I link to PayPal, I'm prompted to enter credit card number!

Hi Jose,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
cee6ba33
Community Member

i was not able to buy connects  i will share the  screenshot. buy connects  button is not cilickableScreenshot 2023-04-13 102326.png

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that you are subscribed to the Agency Basic plan. You’ll need to upgrade to our $20-a-month Agency Plus plan in order to purchase Connects. Check out this help page for more information on the Agency Plus plan.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ArjayM

Hi Aruldass,

Apologies for the difficulty you experienced while purchasing Connects. In general, this is usually due to the bank declining the transaction. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information regarding the charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, you can escalate this to our support team by selecting Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b2251dc8
Community Member

Why i cant buy connects? the notification is "recent charge failed"

Upwork unable to receive money from this card. You can add another one (fast) or contact support (slow).

But before that, I could make a purchase...

It happening time from time. Paypal more stable if you have it.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andi, 

When you get this notification, it's likely because the system (whether Upwork or any platform) cannot successfully charge your card. Check if you have any available balance on your card. You can also check this with the card-issuing bank for more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
d2ee659e
Community Member

Hello, I can't buy any more connects.

Can you please help me so I can apply to jobs on upwork?

First it says - Available funds Since you have enough money in your Upwork account, we’ll use it for this purchase. Your available balance is $105.56

then it says Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected.

Please try a different one. If you still need help, contact customer support.

And I am only trying to buy 9$

Can someone help me please?

thanks

Isabel,

Update your billing method eventhough the system should pull the money out of your balance. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths