🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Why is my payment declined?
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

893 REPLIES 893

Hello Isabel,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble buying Connects. I can see that you've already raised a ticket to our Customer Support team. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for an agent to get back to you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
590ad994
Community Member

Hello!

I have been trying to upgrade my membership to a Plus but my payment isn't going through even when I have enough balance on my card. It keeps telling me to change to an alternate card.

What is going on, please?

Hello Darasimi,

I'm sorry to hear you're getting your payment declined. We’ve escalated your post to a support ticket where one of our agents can assist you further. Thank you for posting in the community!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5db27388
Community Member

I am getting this message when trying to buy connects. I have sufficient amount on my Upwork balance. Please advise.
https://url.upwork.com/_01wGGcyYuuDOQZWUCg2HFq3oeUvVQU1mxM

Hi Youstina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
d9708f79
Community Member

I can't buy connects. I have money in my upwork account, but it can't be used. Why? I wrote to the support team several times. No response, it's been more than 2 weeks

Hi Alina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this pageIf you need further assistance please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d9708f79
Community Member

The problem is not solved. This is an upwork error. When will upwork fix this bug?   :  Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one. If you still need help, contact customer support.

Hi Alina,

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing the same error. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
87d5677d
Community Member

Dear Sir

I want to know, the procedure of buying Connects from India. How to Add my Account details for Purchasing Connects in upwork? I tried but upwork is not approving my Account details to purchase Connects.

Kindly, check my Profile & let me know.

Regards

Romel R

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear Sir

My renew of Connects date is little far ahead. Can I purchase Connect from Debit Cards?

I tried by Debit Cards, but it is not getting Approved in Bills & Payments Section in Upwork.

Kindly, check my Profile & let me know the Problem & what is the Solution?

How will I be able to Purchase connects by Debit Cards?

Waiting for your's response.

Regards

Romel R

ehsajal111
Community Member

When attempting to purchase Connects, an error message appears stating, 'Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one. If you still need help, contact customer support.' I have the amount on my profile but still shows this message.

Hi Enamul,

Please know that you do need to have a valid Billing Method on file in order to be able to purchase Connects. Even if the funds will be taken from your available balance. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

Here my billing method is valid because I'm using my profile balance. But this not working I'm facing this issue again & again. I've attached a screenshot also.

Regards,

Enamul Haque

Hi Enamul Haque,

Arjay here stepping in for Andrea. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist on this page once your account is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork

If the error occurs frequently, use another payment method to purchase
connects
sometimes systematically error occurs due to which you are facing this
problem.
Regards:
Mr. Abdul Hannan Salman
dr_taru
Community Member

Hi, I am not able to buy connects through my Upwork money. I need the solution urgently. Please help me with this.
Check the screenshot please **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Taru,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

hi i was new frelancer on upwork and i cant connect to a client it says  Insufficient connects to submit proposal for the job

Hi Yadesa,

Thanks for reaching out. Whenever you submit a proposal to clients, you'll use Connects to reach out and let clients know you're interested in their project. 

Each job post will require a certain number of Connects and if you do not have enough Connects balance, you won't be able to submit a proposal.

You may purchase additional Connects so you can continue submitting proposals. To purchase additional Connects:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Memberships & Connects
  3. Click Add More Connects

Once you’ve selected the bundle you wish to purchase, click Add Connects and your account will automatically be charged.

Please also check this help article to learn more about the other ways to get Connects.

~ AJ
Upwork
shahid-f
Community Member

I am trying to update Security Code to the Card but I am not able to update it and getting the "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." error.

3 days back I upgraded my Membership plan to the "Freelancer Plus" plan, But now I am not able to purchase Connects or  Upgrade the existing billing method.

Kindly, check the attached screenshots below and fix them ASAP.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Best Regards,

Shahid Farooqui

Hi Shahid,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. Please feel free to update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, You are correct, I opened a ticket, but that is for a different issue (For purchasing connects).

And here, I am not able to update my Card details. I want Upwork to fix this issue ASAP. 

Thanks

Hi Shahid,

Even if it's for a different issue, since what you explained may be related to the issue on the ticket you've originally raised, you can still update your ticket with more information about the problem you are currently experiencing. The Customer Support team will continue assisting you from there.

To help us streamline the process, please refrain from creating multiple tickets or posts about the same issue. This allows our team to assist you more efficiently and ultimately get you the best possible outcome.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
shahid-f
Community Member

Ok, Got it.

But I urge Upwork to fix this ASAP because I am not able to do anything.

joysarkar008
Community Member

I have enough balance in my account but I can't buy connect with my personal balance. Upwork give me this warning when I buy the connect "Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one. If you still need help, contact customer support.

Hi Joy,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, feel free to update the ticket you raised here and the team will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
85975be3
Community Member

Hi all, I am new seller and i want to edit my membeship plan to freelancer plus and get more connects. I add my debut card information but it goes faild and faild again and again. Upwork show me: "Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again." I contacted my bank support and they told me that anything are ok from our side, you can contact Upwork for the issue. Please help me solved this issue, I will be thankful. Thanks

Anyone please help me!!

raf65
Community Member

I just had my primary payment method declined even though I used it three days ago. This may be an Upwork issues and they may ask you to reverify your ID. Not sure what's going on but its very frustating.

Hi Afaq,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
2d0be179
Community Member

I tried to buy connect but my debit card was not accepted, saying I should go to my bank. What could cause this?

raf65
Community Member

Just had the same. It rejected my usual billing method (despite buying credits a few days ago) and cancelled my paid membership to a free one.

Hi Raf,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. Please feel free to update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi David,

~ AJ
Upwork
f6524b02
Community Member

I tried buying connects for applying but the page is not working.

The error is, "Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please refresh the page and try again. If this issue keeps happening, contact customer support ."

I tried using both my debit card and Paypal. Also, I am on a Plus membership.

Please help.

Hi Maliha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
shahid_ssolution
Community Member

I have a balance in my Upwork account and I want to buy new Connects but due to some technical issues, I cannot buy more Connects. Please see the attached image for reference. 

maybe you need to have the needed mony i n paypal or your visa

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths