🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: buy connects and upgrade my account
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

896 REPLIES 896
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Babar,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.

d081e4d0
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm not able to add my Card to my account. I am out of connects and want to buy some connects. Could you please help me my card ending # is 2264 and for other card is 3687

Hi Muhammad,

~Andrea
Upwork
912bdc86
Community Member

I'm trying to buy connects. I called my bank to ask if they are blocking the payment, but there's no issue from my bank. Kinldy help me resolve the issue. I'm using a visa card.

Hi Saad,

It looks like you were able to contact our support team and they assisted you with this. If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear friend,

5249131c
Community Member

Hi,

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank"

This is the problem that I faced when  I was trying to buy connects.

Need help

Hi Rasheed,

I'd like to clarify that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as 'recurring'. Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear friend,

0e9d8ebc
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to connect my visa card in the Billing & Payment section to buy more connects, But it keeps showing this error. (We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank).

Hi Muhammad, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with purchasing Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am replying to this issue to help each newbie who is here due to this issue.
I tried to attach my debit card, but each time it was rejected. I called the bank helpline, but they didn't get my issue.
Then I called once more on another day.
Here's the process:
Dial the bank's helpline number that issued your card.
Ask them to put you on their whitelist for the Upwork website.
They then instructed you to retry the card-attaching process.
You have to try again and then after 15 minutes call again to a helpline to be placed on Upwork's whitelist.
You can then attach the card.
PS: Don't visit the bank branch to waste your time. They even don't know the process. Just call the helpline.

hassanwaqar71
Community Member

Hi, I can't add/update my billing method. I'm getting this message:
We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear friend,

cbfdb9fa
Community Member

I want to buy more connects and i have added my payment option as paypal and connected my debit card also but my both options are being rejjected by upwork for payment. Is something wrong with the card or i need to maybe upgrade my card for foreing transactions or to use paypal?

Hi Anu,

You will need to have a verified PayPal account with a credit card connected to your PayPal account. You will also need to add it as a billing method and not as a payment method, so that you're able to purchase to Connects. To learn more about our accepted billing methods, check out this help article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
upworksolution
Community Member

I have added a payment method and when I try to buy connects following error occurs

'Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.'

Hi Nikul,

I checked but don't see any failed attempts to add a payment method to your account. Could you please try again later and let us know if the issue persits?

~Andrea
Upwork

I tried but still, I got an error
I also attached the error message

[image: image.png]

Hi Nikul,

Thank you for your message. I checked and it looks like we were unable to charge your card. Could you please contact your card issuing bank to check if they have enabled international transactions on the card? Also, please ensure you have the required limit enabled on the card for international transactions. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
a5f7d8fa
Community Member

Hello sir. ! I am also facing the same problem. I am trying to add my debit card in billing method but upwork is unable to authorize my card. Please help me with my concern.

I request upwork support to help me in this regard. 

Regards,

Zunaira Anjum

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zunaira,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
umardaud1
Community Member

I got a new Virtual Debit Card (MasterCard) from JazzCash (online wallet) and I tried to buy connects with it on upwork. However, upwork returned the following error; 

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

I am new on upwork and have passion for work. I want to buy connects to submit more proposals but I wonder how would I resolve this problem of buying connects. Can we buy connects via virtual debit card? I have ecommerce payment enabled on my virtual debit card issued by JazzCash. 

Sincerely, Umar Daud Khattak

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Umar,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline and confirm if they allow recurring transactions on their debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ’recurring’.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
umardaud1
Community Member

Ok thank you for the answer. I shall ask them.

06a5f600
Community Member

hi, trying to purchase connects. Getting error cant validate card. Attached is the screenshot

Hi Ashwini,

I would recommend to check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or to try and add another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Already checked and activated card for international use

Hi Ashwini, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ansys_xpert
Community Member

Having same issue right now on visa card. What do i do? Talked with bank they say everything is ok. I am trying to buy connets.

Hi Umar,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
4a8001ab
Community Member

I am unble to buy connects by using my bank account. When I try to buy connects, I received the folowing error "We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." 

I contacted with my bank and they found no problem with my accout.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so that I can buy more connects to work.

Kind Regards

Hi Adnan,

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear friend,

hi0001234d
Community Member

I tried to add my payment method for purchasing connects, but it is not adding, saying, "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later".

Can somebody help me please?, as I have an active as well as a lid payment method.

Hi Hiren,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear friend,

Hello Ashish sir,

I did try to clear the browser cache and cookies but this option didn't work. I have an international card.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths