🐈
» Forums » Support » Facing Issue in Buying Connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

950 REPLIES 950

Hi Shahid,

Thank you for reaching out. You may use your Upwork balance to make a Connects purchase but it will only work if you have a billing method on file. I see you have one on file but it is showing as expired. As such, the system stops the purchase before even checking the balance. You can't buy with an expired credit card on file even if the balance is used so you need to add a new one or update the current one in order to purchase Connects. 

~ AJ
Upwork
objectgyan
Community Member

Hi Team,

I'm unable to buy connects from my agency account.
Screenshot 2023-05-18 093126.png

Kindly help me with this.

Thank you.

Hi hope that you can help me to find an agency and client..I'm a call center agent for 9yrs with technical support, sales and outbounds leadmining or lead generation.

You are not allowed to provide contact details.

I'm sorry this is my first time at Upwork... Thank you for the advice I will deleted ..

Hi Mayank,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
3b20e66a
Community Member

Hello My Name is Danish Zaman For buying connects I recently add My friend Debit card And Upwork Say me to verify My Id I Upload my Id card But I cannot change my Name Because There are the name of Ali Raza And my Name is Danish zaman How to cahnge this name plz upwork Support help me. #Upwork.

Hi Danish,

Please follow the instructions our team shared with you in this support ticket in order to address this.

~Andrea
Upwork
3b20e66a
Community Member

Hello Andrea I attached my friend Card to purchase connects but I face this issue Ali Raza is my friend name my name is Danish and i have permesion to use my friend card  When I upload My ID card It doesn't verified. Screenshot (95).png

Hello Danish,

The verification you're referring to is for the billing method you're trying to add and not your account; therefore, you will need to upload the valid document from the payment method's account holder. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
m_bilal1998
Community Member

Hello, 
I have been trying to buy connects since 48 hours. Still facing the same issue. I'm getting frustrated now.
I have attached my Master card with upwork. When I try to buy the connects, It redirects me to some OTP page. I put the OTP.
Then it says, "Sorry it's an error from our side please refresh the page and try again". 
After refreshing the page there's another error 'There was a problem charging your billing method. Please enter a new billing method and try again."
All Okay from my banking side. E-commerce activities are ON. International transactions are ON. Everything  is OK.
Still facing this issue again and again. This is not good. very bad service it is.
Thanks,
Muhammad Bilal Anwar

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble buying Connects. We understand how frustrating it can be when things don't work as expected, so we've gone ahead and converted your post to a support ticket. This means that one of our knowledgeable agents will be in touch with you shortly to provide the help you need. We appreciate you reaching out to us and sharing your concern with the community.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
alighulam96
Community Member

Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please refresh the page and try again. If this issue keeps happening.

Upwork supporting team, please help me out to sort this issue.

Hi Ghulam, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your primary billing method was declined, which is why you're unable to proceed with purchasing Connects. Kindly check this with your bank for more information, and in the meantime, add an alternative billing method to purchase Connects. 

~ Avery
Upwork
f10e6325
Community Member

Facing an issue while buying connects with my Master Card "Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one. " ....

While my card is activated and I also contact "Get Support" my issue is still not solved yet. Kindly sol my problem asap, thanks

Hi Somi,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to learn that you're having trouble purchasing Connects. We saw your post and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance on this page.

Meanwhile, you may want to check this help article for several ways to purchase Connects or upgrade to a membership plan. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
92bf8435
Community Member

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issues. I have tried severally to buy connects but it wouldn't go through. I keep getting the error message "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank"

Hi Patricia,

~Andrea
Upwork
tejeshwar0312
Community Member

Hi there,

I've been trying to buy Connects for the past 2 months, but whenever I try a payment method, it says "Something went wrong on our end, please try again later". I tried both PayPal and a visa debit card but nothing worked. 

Please help me fix this issue because I'm out of connects right now and not able to apply to any jobs right now because of this issue and missing out on great job opportunities.

Thank You

Hi Tejeshwar,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~Andrea
Upwork
2b17c5f3
Community Member

Good afternoon.
Tell me, I want to buy connections, but I don’t want Upwork to take money from my account, I want to pay with a bank card, I can’t find how to change it in the settings.
Thank you.

You cannot. Account balance used first. Always.

Money transfer wire 

that means by swift way

Hi Djumber,

Thank you for reaching out and raising this query. There are several ways to purchase Connects. You can use a credit or debit card, PayPal, and Upwork balance. You can use your Upwork balance to purchase Connects even if you don’t have a primary billing method on file, as long as you have enough in your balance to cover the cost. You can also use a combination of Upwork earnings and your billing method if you have one on file. We'll automatically charge your primary billing method if your balance does not cover the price.

Feel free to check this help article to learn more about managing your billing methods best.

~ Arjay
Upwork
avishekbhardwaj4
Community Member

Hi i am trying connect from different source of billing methond but every time i got error messager .. i have attached a screenshot below please let me know what the problem is 

Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 5.07.42 PM.png

Hey! 

Please check with your bank if international transactions are working? Or try re-entering your card details.

Already checked with these but still facing same issue with paypal when i am applying ... please help me out on this .. why the problem with 2 sources 

Hi Avishek,

I am sorry to hear about the issue with purchasing Connects. Could you please contact Paypal to check the status of your Paypal account and try again once the issue is resolved? Alternatively, you can try using other billing method to complete this transaction.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
4de0ba9d
Community Member

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

I tryied add my payoner card to buy connects but got this error. I contacted with payoner and thay told me that I can use my card for online payments.

I don't understand the reason for the rejection

Hi Kateryna,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble using your card. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fdc10dbb
Community Member

When I try to add my mastercard I get this error :

"We are unable to authorize your card as the billing details you entered does not match with your bank or credit card company. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Please help

Hi Emilien,

Thank you for your message. I can see that you've been already assisted one of our team members for the same concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
cdc4b428
Community Member

Hello Team,

I am trying to upgrade my account to Freelacer Plus but I'm getting errors on both available method.

- Credit / Debit Card
  -- The card details are already filled up and I cannot edit them.

- Paypal
  -- It said that mya ccount isn't verified but if I go to the hyperlink page it said that the page does not exist. I tried removing/adding my paypal account but kept getting the same error.

I attached the screenshots of the errors for reference.
Thank you!

Regards,
Giliane

Screenshot 2023-07-11 174205.png

Screenshot 2023-07-11 174244.png

Hi Giliane,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
078fe916
Community Member

Hi Alessandro,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. Generally, this happens when the bank keeps declining the transactions you’re attempting. Also, please be reminded that only verified PayPal accounts can be used to purchase Connects. Please check the options in this help article and learn more about acceptable billing methods.

I've converted your post into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
pointz0r
Community Member

Bought 60 connects today - but my account never received them. According to Reports -> Overview, I purchased them, but in Connects History - there's no such thing and the connects are still 21 (they should be 81).

Is this normal? I've bought connects several times before, and this never happened. Which makes me think this is a bug and that I should report it. Kindly help me out, Upwork Team.

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I checked and can see that the Connects have been already credited to your account and they're showing on your balance. Would you mind clearing your browser cache and cookies or use a different browser and check again?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
thacker_ankit
Community Member

I'm currently on a "Basic" plan and I want to upgrade it to an "Agency Plus" plan. I have two payment methods added at the moment - PayPal & Visa Card. I'm trying to make the payment and getting the error mentioned below. 

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

None of the payment methods works. Please help me resolve this issue. I want to upgrade my plan.

Hi Ankit,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths