🐈
» Forums » Support » Facing Issue in Buying Connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

896 REPLIES 896
d0266048
Community Member

I want to buy connects. I am trying to add mastercard as billing method. I saw following error :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." 

I also tried to add Visa card but same error occurs. I have contacted with my bank and use same card on other websites , it is working well.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy connects to work.

Hi Maham,

Could you please try again later and let us know if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
m_adnan_farooq
Community Member

Hello Can anyone please help me

I am unable to buy connects. My credit card is verified but thereafter I cannot use to buy connects.

Furthermore, I am also unable to use my Upwork balance to buy connects.

The erorr shows as follows:

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

I have been trying from yesterday but the issue persists.

Further, can someone help me as to how can I raise it directly with Upwork support team? raise a ticket to solve an issue

Hi Muhammad Adnan,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

What is the normal turnaround time for a complaint?

No agent has contacted yet and I still cannot buy connects. I am missing on importatnt work opportunities 😞

Hi Muhammad,

I've escalated your concern to the team and one of our agents will be following up with you via your support ticket. Thank you for your patience.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear friend,

4a8001ab
Community Member

Hi,
Due to international purchasing issues I was unable to to purchase connects. After several attempts to enter details of master card now I am trying my visa card and now I am getting this this error "You have exceeded the maximum number of attempts to add a credit card."

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so that I can buy more connects to work.

Kind Regards

Hi Dr. Adnan,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble purchasing Connects. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
m_adnan_farooq
Community Member

Hi Ashish,

My bank has confirmed me that Upwork has confirmed the validity of my card, when I added it as a payment method and thereafter neither any payment request has been received nor any error/ transaction decline log is available with the bank.

Furthermore, I am also unable to buy connects from my upwork balance.

Therefore, I believe there is some technical glitch which can only be resolved by Upwork technical team.

Thanks

8eb5b3c9
Community Member

I am also facing the same issue. I want to buy connects but the error is showing whenever I submit billing details of my master card.

this error is showing: We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

My MasterCard is activated and working well on other websites. Please help.

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear friend,

idamschennai
Community Member

HI
Today I am trying to buy new connects and I am getting error message that:Screenshot 2022-02-05 at 11.10.11 AM.png

Please advise 

Senthil S

Hi SENTHIL,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear friend,

vcent31
Community Member

Please i can no longer purchase connect with my debit card due to my government restrictions on international site payment and more also on my dashboard or upwork  page settings  there is no paypal payment option to buy connects ..

please if there is also any option to pay in money into my upwork account to enable me to buy connect please let me know..

Hi Vincent,

There are three billing methods available to freelancers in order to buy connects: credit or debit card, PayPal, and Upwork balance. That may vary depending on the location. If PayPal isn't available in your location and you don't have sufficient balance on your Upwork account, you can consider getting a credit card if you'd like to purchase connects. 

~Andrea
Upwork
54e4a6e7
Community Member

i ignore the promo code and proceed to by more connect via my credit card but yet decline

and i need more connects to submit my proposal.

or pls kindly direct me to more infos on getting more promo code.

thanks 

Hi Kehinde,

I'm afraid we don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Periodically, offers are sent by Upwork via email, at events, and through partnerships.

I checked and it looks like the transaction was declined. It would be best to reach out to your card issuing bank to check the specific decline error. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
54e4a6e7
Community Member

awesome testimony, 

pls i have one connect left and i try buying more connects via credit card but decline and the same i did not have access to promo code

pls help me.

thanks

Kehinde P

54e4a6e7
Community Member

awesome testimony, 

pls i have one connect left and i try buying more connects via credit card but decline and the same time i did not have access to promo code

pls help me bcos i need to submit more proposals.

thanks

Kehinde P

54e4a6e7
Community Member

NO PLEASE, I WAS TRYING TO SAY I NEED MORE CONNECTS BCOS I HAVE ONE LEFT &
I TRIED TO PURCHASE BUT COULD NOT.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kehinde,

Could you please try adding your billing method first? Use this link to see the options available to you and add one of those. 

Afterwards, you should be able to purchase Connects by following instructions shared in this help article.

Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
3f7bef38
Community Member

I am a new freelancer  also facing  this problem my credit card is unauthorized by upwork .I want to purchase connects but Upwork show me the notice we are unable to autorize your debit card please contact your issuing bank.I also contact my bank they said everything is okay. I want to tell my debit card is newely updated is not older everything is okay.

But still i am facing this problem.Please help me recommend any suggestion?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rabia,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with setting up your billing method and purchasing Connects.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
usama00099
Community Member

Hello, I'm unable to add a billing method via Visa and Master card. I've tried 5 different cards but it shows the following error.

"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

Please guide me on how to fix this issue.

Thanks, Usama Siddique

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Usama,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your billing method.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
caa474fa
Community Member

Hi everyone

I have a upwork account from few months. I have been buying connects  using my Bank debit card. I never had any issue but I am not able to purchase from past 2 weeks. 

- No error is being shown. Asking for OTP and once I enter its taking to " Buy connects page"again.

I have checked with bank and they said there is no issue with card and we can do international transactions. I tried to contact upwork customer care but no response till date. Is there anyone who can be help with this?

Thank you

Ranganadh

Hi Ranganadh,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you Joanne 

I will for upwork team to contact me

Hi 
I am also facing the same issue while trying to buy connects through the Agency account. Kindly help. 

Hi Manoj,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
06a5f600
Community Member

Hi, I am from India. I have Bank of Baroda's Internation Credit Card. The card uses Rupay Technology. I am getting below error if I try to validate it.

06a5f600_0-1647415279528.png

I have heard that this card follows under the catregory of Diner Clubs and Discover.

Can you pls check and let me know.

Hi Ashwini,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing with purchasing Connects. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
06a5f600
Community Member

Hi, I think Upwork should accept Rupay card JCB franchise since most of the banks from India are accepting it. 

Dear friend,

71847e77
Community Member

Hello please help,

I'm trying to buy connects via my local debit card but it always fail. I tried to use my other local debit and register it for my billing and payment but it says it's not authorized. Funny thing is I am a group member of Upwork community on facebook and a lot are using these two major debit card on their transactions on Upwork and doesn't experience any problem with theirs. I also have sufficient amount. Please help asap I'm running out of connects. See attached screenshots

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jhesa, 

I checked your billing method and can confirm that the bank declined the transaction. You may want to check this with them directly for more information. In the meantime, feel free to add another billing method so that you can purchase Connects. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths