🐈
» Forums » Support » Facing Issue in Buying Connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

896 REPLIES 896
mtalhasaleem
Community Member

Hi there ,

I am facing issue while adding my debid card its showing error

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank

Hi Talha,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
nooruzzamaan
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to connect my debit card to my Upwork account but when I try to connect my debit card to UpWork it says "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank" even though I have turned on my online banking, and also I can purchase online from other websites. but while attaching my card to upwok I always get this error. Please help me to configure this. Thank you! 

~Andrea
Upwork
ms_designz7
Community Member

Hello Team
I have tried to buy connects and I got this message "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternative payment method or retry again later"  I have tried a lotof  times with different debit cards even with a credit card but I got the same message everytime.

Kindly help me!!

Hi Mangesh,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sheheryarkazi
Community Member

After a month break I returned to Upwork, I was trying to buy some connects however the system declined my payment and asked me to either change the method of payment or contact the issuing bank. I contacted my bank, however as per my bank there is no problem from their side. 

Kindly can some one brief me as to why I can not make a purchase? I tried deleting my card, and enter it again, but now I can not even input my card details, as Upwork keeps rejecting it. 

Hi Sheheryar,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
6ea5e801
Community Member

I am facing this issue since last week, I connected my debit card and bought some connects before my debit card worked fine but two days after I faced this issue again, I connected to my bank they said your online services are enabled there is no issue from bank side, what should I do now? 

Hi Amina,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble with your billing method. A Customer Support Team member will be reaching out to you through a support ticket to assist you further with your concern shortly.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6ea5e801
Community Member

All right thank you 👍

anand-kolharkar
Community Member

Hello,

I was adding my Mastercard for Billing Method to purchase connects but keep getting the message that the card was declined. I am based in India. Any guidance is much appreciated. 

Thanks.

P.S. The international payment facility is ON for the card

Hi Anand,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
iqbalsss
Community Member

I am having problem with my master card. Card is already attached and I have used it many time previously on upwork but now upwork is giving me an error that Card charge fail. I have contacted my bank and they said every thing is fine from their end. Kindly help me in this matyer

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear friend,

arunrajmohan1919
Community Member

Hi, I couldn't able to purchase connects on upwork. Earlier I was able to purchase connects using the same bank account and bid for projects, but for the last two weeks I have been trying to purchase connects.....but COULDN'T. I'm low on connects and I need to purchase in order to bid for the projects. Help me.

Hi Arun,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble purchasing Connects. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear friend,

3971aade
Community Member

Hello. It says "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later" when I'm trying to buy connects. I already have a billing method set up and have bought connects previously but now I'm unable to buy connects or change membership plan. My card is allowed to make international transactions and my card name also aligns with the profile name.Can anyone help me with this issue please?

Hi K Akhil,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear friend,

ekweogbonnaya
Community Member

I can't buy connect through my visa card, it keep saying charge failed. i even tried with another card but it's still showing same thing

Hi Ogbonnaya,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
jaysinhdabhi
Community Member

It's been 5 days since I am trying to buy connects, but I cannot buy it. I have a visa card, my tax information is also verified. I tried to buy connects and membership through PayPal but I am getting the below message after I complete all steps.

I am also getting messages from my bank, and OTP for the transaction, even after entering the OTP, I only get the popup shown in the image, and the amount is not deducted from my bank account.

Without connects, I cannot bid and my account is now private. 

I already cleared my cache files and cookies and tried 3 different browsers.
UPWORK.png

Hi Jayendra,

~Andrea
Upwork

I am unable to buy connects. I checked with my bank and they said every type of transaction is enabled. 

I used VISA and MASTERCARD of 2 different banks, yet I am unable to buy connects.

I also used one virtual VISA card, but it's not working. My PayPal is also not working. I don't know how I can buy connects and membership.

Please Help me!!

Hi Jayendra,

It looks like the team already reached out to you a while ago in order to assist you with this. Please reply directly to their email so they can review and assist you accordingly.

~Andrea
Upwork

I am unable to buy connects. I checked with my bank and they say every type of transaction is enabled. 

I used VISA and MASTERCARD of 2 different banks, yet I am unable to buy connects.

Hi there,

I am unable to buy connects and membership. I checked with my bank and they said every type of transaction is enabled including international transactions.

I used VISA and MASTERCARD of 2 different banks, yet I am unable to buy connects. While adding my card 1$ is deducted but after that, I can not buy.

I also used one virtual VISA card, but it's not working. My PayPal is also not working. I don't know how I can buy connects and membership.

One moderator told me that I will get a mail from upwork, but I didn't get any, My profile keeps going private because I cannot bid.

Please Help me!!

Hi Jayendra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Dear friend,

12a497ba
Community Member

I want to buy Connects with my debit card.

But it says: "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank"

The card is okay.

Please help me.

Hi Nikoleta,

It looks like you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Dear friend,

subhan024
Community Member

Dear Upwork, 
I want to buy connects using my debit card but when I put all of my details and click on the Save button. I faced an Error "You caid is not authorized Kindly used another card or Contact your bank" I try almost 3 debit cards and also contact my Bank Support. They said, Everything is working well and I can't face this type of issue by using different platforms.
Kindly resolve me this issue.
I will be very thankful to you!

Hi Subhan,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your billing methods. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear friend,

umarcruze
Community Member

Hey there,

I can't add my billing method..

I'm attaching my own debit card but it's not working..

It's saying that contact to your bank account. Then I contact to my bank and they said that there's no issue from bank Contact Upwork support..

Kindly have a look and let me know why it's happening??

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths