🐈
» Forums » Support » Facing Issue in Buying Connects
Page options
4fc1b224
Community Member

Facing Issue in Buying Connects

Hi, 

I have been trying to buy connects and have tried different payment methods but seems nothing is working.

I don't see a way to directly connect with the support team.

Please help..!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while purchasing Connects. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

950 REPLIES 950
6bd6214d
Community Member

I am trying to pay for connects via Paypal, and debit card but the payment is not going through kindly help

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

It keeps showing Payment could not be processed, now due to that I went to my bank and asked them if there is any issue but they said that my there is nothing wrong with my account, then I contacted Paypal and they said that the reason is that RBI has to disable recurring payment agreements and only one time payments can be made so kindly tell me any other way to make payment I have tried my card its VISA and also the DISCOVER but none of it work they show the same error 
Screenshot (299).png

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
eac4c972
Community Member

Hello,

I am facing the same issue. The name on card and account are same. I have been trying to get help from the last whole week but the reponse person always blames my bank whereas I am sure that my bank has nothing to do with this. I am able to make all kinds of payments from this card, just not on Upwork. To double check I did call my bank and they said the same thing that this error is not on their side.

Hi Syed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
24a365bb
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Maureen,

Could you please share more information about the issue you're experiencing so we could help?

~Andrea
Upwork
bd997b20
Community Member

Hi, I was add my atm card to my billing section for me to buy connect for my account but the card was remove and i was unable to buy the connect

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Alayande,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4d71b919
Community Member

Hello there,
I am not able to buy the connects using my visa card. I have tried the solution mentioned about contacting the bank but I am faced with the same problem. The message displayed is as follows:

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.
will be waiting for an alternative solution.

Hi Jigme,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties buying Connects.  In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ec1fa3f3
Community Member

I am facing an issue with the payment. I need to buy connect and membership but this is what its saying.

ec1fa3f3_1-1664809675632.png

Hi Shadab,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0c44d8f2
Community Member

Haven't been able to use my debit card to purchase connects on my profile. Although, the card was connected to another profile but it has been disconnected. How can I sort the issue out to get my card working for connect purchase again?

Hi Alice,

I checked your account, and it looks like you have successfully purchased Connects already. Please let us know if you need further assistance. We're here to help. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
sereenak1
Community Member

Couldn't buy connect  with Visa Card and always get message that transaction is declined which is kind of surpising since the same card was used to upgrade membership to Agency Plus and it worked but buying connects fails.

Went to Knowledge base and saw  few other users also faced same type of issue but the solution given is to click on "Get Support" which doesn't seems to understand that I want a ticket to be raised with Upwork Customer Support for help.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Your-payment-could-not-be-processed-Please-choose-an-alt...

Hi Sereena,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
abdo_rezk
Community Member

I have a mastercard vodafone cash online payment card and want to buy connects with it. But I get We are unable to authorize your card. i need help 

Hi Abdelrahman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing with purchasing Connects. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8fa4dc95
Community Member

Same here..av tried buying connects with my credit card but is just not working

Hi Okoye,

~Andrea
Upwork
b3b954bd
Community Member

want to buy connects. I am trying to add a MasterCard as a billing method. I saw the following error :

"We are unable to authorize your card. Kindly contact with your Issuing Bank." 

I contact my bank and use the same card on other websites, it is working well.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue so I can buy more connects to work.

Capture6.PNG

Hi Shawaiz,

thank you for your report and I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing the same error even after contacting your bank. Please continue coordinating with the team and feel free to update this support ticket that's been set up with your concern if you have questions or are in need of further assistance. The team will surely review your report and assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
06ae0814
Community Member

Hello, my name is Seyyed Mohammadreza Parsikian
I checked the visa card, there is no problem, I can't even buy the connection with the amount of money I have in my upwork account, it gives the same warning, please help me as soon as possible to solve my problem.
thank you

Hi Seyedmohammadreza,

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for your reply, but my problem has not been solved yet and I am waiting for a support response
last 13 days

Hi Seyedmohammadreza,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

The Upwork Support team will definitely reply to you.
Meanwhile make sure that your payment method is suitable for an
international transaction.
c0cdb76e
Community Member

I am new to upwork and i want to buy connects from my master card but when i enter the details it say "We are unable to authorize your card".

Looks like something is wrong with the card. Did you tr another one?

c0cdb76e
Community Member

I tried another card and it worked. I think the it was an issue from my banks side.

25a3bd0b
Community Member

Hi i'm trying to buy connects but my card gets declined every time '  We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank ' this message comes up whats the solution.

Hi Syed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you were able to purchase Connects just recently. Could you please confirm if you need further assistance?

~ Nikola
Upwork
02fba6ef
Community Member

Hi, I have trouble with adding my payment method, anyone to help? is there a bug in the system?

Hi Bojana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e1d71821
Community Member

Hi Muhammad,

~ AJ
Upwork
mahdesignstudio
Community Member

Sandeep,

There could be a few issues at play here. Check to make sure that you have enough funds in your account to cover the purchase of connects, as that could be preventing the transaction from going through. Additionally, some payment methods may not be available in your country. You can reach out to the Upwork support team through the Help Center for more assistance.

nareshkumar08
Community Member

Hi I am getting message 

Payment was declined

When I am trying to buy connects using sbi global master debt card.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths