🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial Transaction are Limited
Page options
0bb36d87
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

I am getting the below error.

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I have verified my PayPal access as well as I have added a debit card for more options.

I am also not able to hire a freelancer I am getting the below error.

"offer creation failed"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oluwatobi, 

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,550 REPLIES 1,550
dhanvantari
Community Member

hello, my balances have been cleared. I cannot chat with support because the icon doesn't appear. Can you please help reinstate my account?

Hi Dhanvantari,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
58fba6ec
Community Member

I have this ongoing issue that customer service seems to be unable to solve. at this point it's been a week since I've updated my payment information and i'm still unable to resume my contracts. I need someone with a pulse to solve this issue for me. Customer service just sends me the same canned response and it's really starting to make me consider using other platforms. I've probably spend 200K on upwork lifetime and I'm about 3 days away from cutting ties.

Hi Ian,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way and can understand that this must be very frustrating. I checked and it looks like the issue is specific to one of your companies. I've escalated this to the appropriate team and they'll be reaching out to you soon in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
humantekinc
Community Member

Hi Upwork teams, Greetings.

This is Ateeb. I am facing an error on my Upwork profile regarding the payment method. 

It says "Your financial account -__________- has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account.".

I have updated my payment method, yet the problem persists.

I am not sure what's the problem with that. Please help. 

Hi Ateeb,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fricke_roselynn
Community Member

Hello. Can someone please help me? 
I received a notification on my Upwork account letting me know that my financial account has been suspended bec I need to update my billing information. 
I have already updated this. But still, my account is suspended. 
In addition to this, I have set my payments to twice a month and I have only gotten paid once this month. On the 1st of the Month. I'm supposed to get another payment today. 
I have attached the notification here: 
Upwork .png

Can someone help me please? i have never had this issue before. 

Hi Roselynn,

~Andrea
Upwork
c629866b
Community Member

Hello, please I need help my account was showing financial transactions have been limited so I clicked on it and it took me to the part where I added my TIN, and it is showing completed yet the financial limitation is still there.

Hi Anna,

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to learn about the action taken on your financial account. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
aish1990
Community Member

Hi Upwork teams, Greetings.

This is Owais and I just have started using Upwork.

Today, I tried to login my account and it says "Your financial account -__________- has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account.".

I have already updated my financial account but the issue has not been rosolved yet.

Hi Owais,

I understand that you are facing an issue with your financial account being suspended due to payment method issues. To resolve this issue, you should contact Upwork's customer support team for assistance.

You can contact Upwork's customer support team by going to the Help Center and clicking on the "Contact Upwork Support" button. From there, you can choose the appropriate category for your issue and submit a ticket. Alternatively, you can try contacting them through live chat or phone support.

When you contact customer support, make sure to provide them with all the necessary details about your financial account and the payment methods you have updated. They will be able to assist you further and help you restore full functionality to your account.

In the meantime, you may want to review your payment methods to ensure that they are valid and up-to-date. You can also check if there are any pending payments or disputes that need to be resolved.

I hope this helps!

Hi Owais,

~Andrea
Upwork
35daaeaf
Community Member

Hello,

My financial transaction has been limited and as I remember I have paid everything 3 months ago and closed my contracts long time ago without any payment problem. Could please check and fix it for me? I want to use UpWork but due that my account is restricted I'm not able to. Thank you

Hi Sina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your financial account. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I was wondering if you could help me also. I've had the message 'Financial transactions for ... have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support. ' for about 9 days now.

I've contacted Upwork support but I still can't witdraw my earnings (2 weeks now). The last I heard about this is that it's a technical issue on Upwork's side that is affecting other users as well, and you are trying to resolve it. But I'm not seeing this on your 'known issues' page:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Known-Issues-and-Workarounds/idb-p/KnownIssues

I'm even considering leaving Upwork (been working with you guys for about 15 years now), can you tell me how much time this will take to be resolved? Should I continue working with my current customers, even if I'm not getting paid?

All the best,

Carlos Sillero

Hi Carlos,

First off, I'd like to apologize for the delay. Our support teams are currently dealing with an influx of inquiries, which has caused a bit of a backlog. But please know that we haven't forgotten about you, and we're working diligently to address your ticket and get you the help you need.

To help us streamline the process, please refrain from creating multiple tickets or posts about the same issue. This allows our team to assist you more efficiently and ultimately get you the best possible outcome. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work through this together.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
csillero
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

Hope you’re well.

I refrained from creating multiple posts about this issue, or tickets, as you recommended, but it's been 19 days since I reported this issue to Upwork support and it hasn't been resolved. What the ETA on this fix? I've started to work less hours with my customers (some of them enterprise). Is it ok if I ask them to contact support as well to expedite this issue?

I talked to other freelancers in my various jobs, and they don't report having the same issue, can you tell me how many freelancers in Upwork is this bug affecting? Last time I talked to support they informed this was a technical issue affecting other freelancers, not just me.

All the best,

Carlos.

onuorah_sunday
Community Member

It has been over 10 days since I messaged to support to solve this problem so I can withdraw my earnings. Nothing has been done so far. I have verified my Identity and everything. This is getting me worked up. It is taking ridiculously long to fix this issue. Can anyone help me here so I can withdraw my earnings?

Hi Sunday,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
niranga1983
Community Member

Hi,

I can see the above message appear on my profile after finishing one meditation process with a client. I guess the close reason, might be not making payment to the arbitration process from my end. 

However, the Deadline for Arbitration payment was the 27th of February. I and the client haven't made a payment on or before that day. so as per the condition of the meditation process case suppose to be closed only. 

So Howcome base on the client payment on 28th February (after the arbitration deadline) you had taken the decision to limit my financial transaction?

This is very unfair. Kindly advice

Contract ID # 31151831 Request #39039817

Below are the condition made on meditation process#

• If neither party completes the arbitration fee by February 27, we will close the case.
  • If only the client completes the arbitration fee by February 27, we will close the case. In addition, the freelancer may be suspended for failure to participate in the arbitration process on a contract where funds have been released and disputed.
  • If only the freelancer completes the arbitration fee by February 27, the case will be unable to proceed to arbitration. As such the freelancer’s filing fee will be refunded, the client’s claim for a refund will be denied and the dispute and contract will be closed on February 28.

Thanks

Niranga Aroshana

Hi Niranga,

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Noted. Will wait for their reply from the meditation team as mentioned in the ticket

Thanks

Niranga

trentville
Community Member

Hi,

My account is displaying the message "Financial transactions for your company have been limited". I had a separate account where the credit card had expired. I have updated the card for both accounts, but I still cannot get rid of this message. I am unsure how to even contact upwork.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to help. I checked but I could not see the notification you are referring to. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ericamartin
Community Member

I logged into my Upwork account and saw this message. My debit card did change because of some problems I had with fraud on the account. I've since removed the old debit card number and added the new one, but the message is still there. How do I get rid of it? 

Hi Erica,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your account is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Arjay, thanks! 

0081e5ff
Community Member

Hello! Could you check please my account, because there is some troubles. 

Hi Auyez,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the status of your financial account. I checked your account and noticed that you still have declined cards on your Upwork account. Please remove all cards with failed charges and set the active card as primary. Once done, your account will be automatically restored.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
osting
Community Member

Please help me because my withdrawal in restricted i can not withdraw my fund..

Hi Agustin,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
9266612c
Community Member

Hello there,

We have changed credit card and now get the following message:

"Financial transactions for your company have been limited."

How do we get back to be able to pay again?

Hi Kim,

~Andrea
Upwork
9266612c
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Thank you. It is a bit urgent as we have a milestone to fund,

ae215804
Community Member

Hi, Dear Upwork community.

My Financial Transactions are Limited. Actually, how can I get rid of this? And Upwalk held my money. Being punished twice for the same situation. I have also submitted a ticket to support for this but Upwork has yet to provide a response. Because of this, I am apprehensive, so I don't like working with other clients. Will my account actually go back to its previous state? Or will my money be completely forfeited?

Mst: Bithi Akhter

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Bithy,

Please note that we can't disclose information or actions being taken on a user's account here in the Community. However, since you were able to get in contact with the team about your case, we highly suggest you continue coordinating with them through your email or this page for your support tickets. The team will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5c436641
Community Member

Our account displays a message that reads "Financial transactions on your account have been limited due to a failed charge. To resume your account, please update your payment method and pay any outstanding balance. Read more." Despite having paid all of our invoices, our contractors are unable to use their contracts. This issue has caused several projects to be delayed. I have been attempting to reach Upwork support for the past 48 hours but have been unable to find a means to do so.

I flagged your post so a moderator will see it and can direct you on how to get help.

Hi Iskander,

I am sorry to hear about your financial account. I have checked your account and I am pleased to inform you it is already restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths