🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial transactions for my account have be...
Page options
0bb36d87
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

I am getting the below error.

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I have verified my PayPal access as well as I have added a debit card for more options.

I am also not able to hire a freelancer I am getting the below error.

"offer creation failed"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oluwatobi, 

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,515 REPLIES 1,515
sahabyah
Community Member

Hi

Hope you're well. 

I've already an amount in the account but this message is still appearing :

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I can't hire or resume the on hold contracts, so could you assist please? 

Regards, 

Hi Mohammed,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

SAME.
I am unable to make payments. I get this message "Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."

PLEASE HELP

Hi Riverse,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
948b8012
Community Member

i have a problem with my account hi is a limited i paid the billing but for now not active and i want to start my projects

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Frank,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
daudadeshina
Community Member

Pls someone should  help me, I received this on my upwork account  just now.

Financial transactions have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

Pls someone should  help.me here 

It could be something to do with the "article on business management" job for $839. Was it really a writing job?

Yes it's a writing job Mr robert

It's just that a lot of jobs with payments that far exceed the freelancer's normal rate turn out to be something that violates the terms of service. Anyway, the Upwork staff will let you know what the problem is. 

It's a writing  project on article  and the client  is willing  to pay more money for job sometimes.

Pls sir, normal rate as how?

Your adverised rate is $10 an hour. In addition to that, all your jobs are for $5 except the $800 one. An anomaly like that raises suspicions. As I said, the staff will explain exactly why financial transactions have been limited.

Okay, pls when will they message  me on this?

When they see your post here, they will open private correspondence with you about the problem.

Thanks sir

hi mr.robert I have a problem, my financial transaction is on hold.I have added a new payment method.but nothing changed.and also no email came in.I have asked for help several times,but no response.this has happened for two weeks. my work payment can't be sent because of this. can you help me. thanks.

Hi Andika,

I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your financial account. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Taiwo,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi R,

I am facing the same issue with my account (Financial transactions have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.). I have emailed the Upwork support center, but it has been a few weeks now and the problem is still not resolved. Kindly help me out with this issue. Thank you!

Hi Shehriyar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
pradp_dabhi
Community Member

Hi,
Financial transactions for 
Pradip Dabhi (18028493) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.
This message shown on my dashboard from last 10-15 days, due to this I'm not able to purchase connect or premium membership.
Please guide me.

Thanks,
Pradip D.

Hi Pradip,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.   

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,
Please find attachment, help me how to resolve this "Financial transactions for Pradip **Edited for Community Guidelines** (18028493)  have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support." and how many days it takes to resolve. Hope it resolve as soon as possible!

Thanks,
Pradip D.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Pradip,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
bc32512c
Community Member

I have updated the card. But its still limited.

Hi Hong,

Thank you for your message. I see that your financial account is already restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Please help me....  Urgent matter.... Urgent

I am Client and  getting below error and my Freelancer see Contract Hold

"Financial transactions for xxxx have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support"

I also talked with Live Chat they say "Please wait for the update on this issue within 24 to 48 hours through the ticket that will be generated after this chat."

now my project/contract on hold

Hi Gada,

Thank you for your message. As mentioned by one of the team members, kindly wait for a support ticket to be set up regarding your concern and there should be an email notification as well where you can coordinate with the team. We highly suggest you communicate with the appropriate team through a support ticket so that you'll be assisted more efficiently. You can access your ticket on this page once it's been generated.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e4d5ae39
Community Member

We're getting the same error. Financial transactions have been limited. Please help!!!!

a954e38e
Community Member

Hi Arjay, i received this message and have no idea why it keep happening this week. I contacted my 3 banks that i supposed to link to upwork and they said all my account are good for overseas transaction. 

a954e38e_1-1663139029717.png

i need to get my account asap to make sure the freelancer received their payments and resume the next project. I have no idea why this is happening to me because i never violate any upwork rules. 

Many Thanks. 

Hi Razif,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks Annie. Still thinking why it happened so that i can avoid it all cost in future. All my work progressed has to be paused due to this unknown issue. I'm clueless. Hope i can get back my account soonest possible and resume my work. Thanks anyway for your prompt reply. Appreciate is so much!

c3b2fb5d
Community Member

Hi Arjay M,

I am unable to make payments. I get this message "Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."

Hi Dhanraj,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. Please feel free to update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
fda814f2
Community Member

Please Please help me...

LuiggiR

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8b2ec5c4
Community Member

Hey Luigi, 

I am facing the same issue. My credit card was initially charged for the job and then refunded. I have tried adding different payment methods that all work outside upwork, but still no use. I have also tried all the methods in the articles posted on the help center, still no joy. Please advise on the matter.

Hi Erik,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths