🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial transactions for my account have be...
Page options
0bb36d87
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

I am getting the below error.

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I have verified my PayPal access as well as I have added a debit card for more options.

I am also not able to hire a freelancer I am getting the below error.

"offer creation failed"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oluwatobi, 

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,560 REPLIES 1,560
irfannc
Community Member

Suddenly saw this notice on my profile dashboard, "Financial transactions for Irfanul Haque Chowdhury (33803734)  have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support." My financial transaction has been limited. I don't know why this happened, I didn't receive any mail. I knocked on support on 17th March. My ticket number is #39508240. But still no solution. Please tell me the solution Or how can I solve it. Will I not be able to take payment from the client for this problem? thank you.

Hi Irfanul,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern and just recently followed up on it. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
irfannc
Community Member

irfannc_0-1680464954209.png

You can see here, I contact support about this issue 17 days ago, but still not resolved.

Hi Irfanul,

I shared your concern with the relevant team and one of our agents will be reaching out to you through your support ticket to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
arnoldbuz
Community Member

I get this on my financial dashbaord,
"Your financial account '' 
has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file."

Can anyone help, how do I solve this ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Arnold,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the status of your financial account. I checked your account and noticed that your payment method has been deactivated. Please reactivate your payment method and your financial account will be automatically restored in 24 hours. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Okay will do that,
Thank you so much for your help.

prismitsys
Community Member

My financial transactions have been limited eversince 13th of March 2023 until today that is 3rd April 2023. Its 3 weeks now and there is no end to this struggle.

I have opened up multiple tickets but either there is no response or if there is a response it always says we are looking into the matter or the support agents say that they will contact the correct department and get back; which they never do.

Its pretty frustrating as am unable to withdraw my funds nor am able to buy additional connects to bid on projects further.

I have been a loyal customer operating since 2009 (firstly via Elance and then Upwork post merget), and still the way i have been treated is really not appreciable.

Its becoming a fogettable experience in real as there is no concrete response from Upwork support dispite mutliple attempts to find a solution.

Someone please help.

Hi James,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your financial account and how you feel about the same. I have followed up with the team handling your request and one of our team members will respond to you as soon as possible. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
anklinspire
Community Member

I am getting the error message that 

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

When I go to the support page, it says that "Financial transactions on your account have been limited due to a failed charge. To resume your account, please update your payment method and pay any outstanding balance. Read more". But I have already added a valid card and then completed all the pending payments. Still I am unable to use my Client Account and Freelancer Account. 

Can you please help me with this. 

Hi Aneesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi AJ, 

Again I got the same issue and I am unable to pay the outstanding to freelancer as well. I am getting this error. 

Financial transactions on your account have been limited due to a failed charge. To resume your Account, please update your payment method and pay any outstanding balance

Can you please help me with this. 

Regards

Aneesh

Hi Aneesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page. Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further with your account.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola, 

I have reviewed the same ticket. But as its already in closed state, I cant re-open it. Can you help me with this. Now I cant even pay the freelancer as the Pay now button is disabled. 

Regards

Aneesh

Hi Aneesh,

Thank you for following up. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
artropodo
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if somebody knows what to do in this situation.

A client who I was working with started a dispute and I did not receive any notification through Upwork's platform.
I did recived a notification via email which I was unable to see on time.
This resulted on not having the chance to expose my version to Upwork's mediator.
I am not use to be in this kind of sircumstance with clients, I would have imagined that and important notification like this should be sent to the main Upwork page or app where we spend hours every day.
I beacame aware fo all this when a notification warning appear saying: Financial transactions have been limited.
Before comming hereI tryed contacting suport but I was not able to.
Thank you.

Fernan R.N.

Hi Fernan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6da6712f
Community Member

Hello,

Please someone help me how to fix this issue. My account was verified and when there was an issue in my account, they verified it again and this time it didn't pass verification. I can't get my pay and I'm still making money for myself and to UPWORK.

Thanks.

Hi Barry Guiller,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised several support tickets regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6da6712f
Community Member

Please help me get my funds. I have family to feed. You can reach out to my
client to verify everything if you want. I don't know what else to do.
6da6712f
Community Member

Arjay pls help me. Why they solved my ticket and it's not yet solved.

Hi Barry,

I checked and can see you do have an open support ticket with our team. Please keep in mind that submitted tickets about existing issues the team is helping you with may be merged and closed. 

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
6da6712f
Community Member

What can I do? I submitted the necessary documents.

Hi Barry,

I’m sorry but I won’t be able to assist you here further. Your ticket is assigned to the correct team, and they should be able to help you with your concern. Please don’t hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions or concerns. 

~ AJ
Upwork
584eedff
Community Member

I see this message since last week. I have paid outstanding amounts and updated my card (which had expired) but the message is still there and the freelancers can't update their timesheet.

I can send them bonus payments though.

Hi T,

~Andrea
Upwork
2331eb68
Community Member

I fat fingered my credit card security code and know it says my account is suspeneded. I've added three valid forms of payment now and still getting error message.

Just trying to hire my first freelancer.

WOw upwork makes it so hard to open a support ticket, can't find email support either 

HELP UPWORK

Hi Jochem,

~Andrea
Upwork
e871b4e4
Community Member

I had hired a freelancer but due to some reason, the payment was not getting released from my bank account and Upwork had frozen my account. So, I have now set up my Upwork billing method. Could you please check if the payment can now be released and unsuspend my account? Thank you very much.
Regards,
Muhammad.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members have already restored your account. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
3b1599fe
Community Member

Hello, I am a freelancer on upwork but I also hire other freelancers. I need to pay my bill but I can not receive my money from upwork to pay this bill.... can someone contact me please so we can get this figured out. I am stranded in Italy with no money because I was robbed and now you are holding my payment, timing is pretty important here. 

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the status of your account. I checked your account and noticed that your account has been placed on hold due to an issue with your billing method. I see that your card payment has been declined and you have a balance that needs to be cleared to restore your account. 

I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
aae88aef
Community Member

I have been asked from donotreplay@upwork.com to verify my identity 
and i did uploaded the documents
still have not reviewed yet 

when i click on get paid 
i got a message of account suspended ( financial account suspended )
and when i go to identity verification , i got a banner of financial transaction has been limited 

is it because you haven't reviewed my documents yet 
or i got suspended during something else 

and what should i know to withdraw my available funds

i have requested a ticket , upwork team said that it might take 24-48 to get a solution 
but i actually posted it 3 days ago 

so can anyone help ?

Hi Mina,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
akinemmanuel77
Community Member

I received money through Direct contracts for the work I did for a client outside of Upwork. But for some reason after the payment was made, my financial account was suspended. I have created a support ticket but no reply for well over 24 hours now. Any help?

Hi Akin,

I can see that you've been in contact with the relevant team about your concern. Rest assured that your case has been escalated to the appropriate team and they've been working collaboratively to resolve the issue. Please allow them time to further review and you should be getting an update on your ticket here once done.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I have contacted the relevant team as you said, but they promised a response in 48 hours. It has been over 72 hours now and no feedback. 

Hi Akin,

We know you're eager to hear back from us, but our support teams are dealing with an unprecedented number of inquiries, causing delays in our response time. That being said, your concerns and questions are still our top priority, and we're doing everything we can to get back to you as soon as possible.

To help us streamline the process, please refrain from creating multiple tickets or posts about the same issue. This allows our team to assist you more efficiently and get you the best possible outcome faster. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

~ AJ
Upwork
tomstatic
Community Member

Hi, 

I have an issue with my account being suspended due to issues with payment methods. The warning message mentions updating my payment methods, which I already did, but nothing has changed. 
Please see attached screenshot of the warning message.

Can anyone help with this, please? Thank you.

Hi Tomas,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with more information and further assistance on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths