🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial transactions for my account have be...
Page options
0bb36d87
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

I am getting the below error.

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I have verified my PayPal access as well as I have added a debit card for more options.

I am also not able to hire a freelancer I am getting the below error.

"offer creation failed"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oluwatobi, 

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,550 REPLIES 1,550
zamosllc
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

I was contacted by Upwork Account Security 5 days ago asking about a contract that was disputed a couple of weeks ago and it was closed in my favor because the client didn't respond at all.

They asked these questions and I provided detailed answers:

1. How did you meet the client?
  2. What tasks did you perform and complete for the client (Please provide proof of work)?

Every 48 hours, they send a generic message like this one:

We are still investigating this incident and we'll provide you an update once the investigation is completed.

The problem is when they respond with such message, the status of the request changes from Open to Awaiting. Do I need to put a generic response as well to change the status back to Open? Or what do you advise?

To summarize, a customer recived his delivery and requested refund without writing one word, I disputed the request, and provided the proof of work and delivery and he still doesn't say one word. The case gets closed in my favor and after exceeding the deadline for client's response. After a couple of weeks, Upwork Saftey team limited my financial transactions because of that and they keep sending the generic messages.

Any advice will be much appreciated!

29fd77d7
Community Member

hi facing financial transaction is limited issue in my upwork account also not able to purchase connects please help me to resolve this issue.

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your financial account has been restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
63a757c2
Community Member

I am getting the error "Financial transactions on your account have been limited due to a failed charge. To resume your account, please update your payment method and pay any outstanding balance." but have paid all balances on my account. What are my next steps?

Hi Andy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
okunade-tosin
Community Member

Hello Support, My account Withdrawal has been put on hold and I would like to know what happened. I cant withdraw my fund and I am being asked to contact support for help. Please respond.

Contact in upwork Support not in public forum.

--------------------------------

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Hi Ade,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
6aa811d5
Community Member

I have financial transactions limited and I don't see why, I have a nil balance and a valid payment method. I cannot contact support because it's impossible to find this information.  You have made it difficult to find on your site.  I have posted multiple times in the communtiy to no avail. My contracts are suspended and my freelancers can't log time.  It's having an impact on my business, and I'm very dissatisfied with this service from UpWork.  I would appreciate guidance on how to resolve this issue urgently. thank you. 

Hi Leah,

I checked and it looks like you were already able to resolve this issue with our support team. If you need any further assistance please let us know! 

~Andrea
Upwork
poonam417
Community Member

I have completed job suceessfully and amount is avaible in upwork account. But When I click to transfer amount to my bank account, It display an error:

Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. Please contact Upwork Support.

My account is 4 years old, continuously active  and never got any issues in past like any dispute.

Let me know how can I resolve this.

Hi Poonam,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7ed4d501
Community Member

I have repeatedly tried to add new payment methods, but after I enter the info and press 'save' it gives an error message in red asking me to enter the info (such as the security code) even though it has been entered. 

I cannot use my account and have also tried to use PayPal instead of a card and it still does not work.

Most frustrating: my freelancer says that he has a message saying that my account is on hold and I still have the following message: 

'Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

Need help ASAP, please! 

Thanks 

Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 16.36.47.png

Fergal 

Hi Fergal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
cassandra_neria
Community Member

Hi,

It says Your financial account has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account.

My beneficiary name is the same with my Upwork name. Anybody here who knows how I can contact Support?

Thanks!

Hi Cassandra,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ynadecastro
Community Member

Hello. My financial account was suspended. I already asked help from Upwork support, they said that it' s because there are issues eith my Paypal acct which is linked to my Upwork. 

I messaged Paypal support but they said they cannot find any restrictions on my account. They asked to try updating my info and submit additional requirements, but when I tried, it says I'm all set and my account is back to normal. 

Please help.

Hey Zarina, please use a credit card and avoid any potential issues. Thanks!

Hi  Zarina Jerisse,

I can see that you've been communicating with the appropriate team to resolve the issue. We highly suggest you continue doing that through a single ticket so that the team can assist you accordingly and more efficiently. Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
achikuta
Community Member

My client's attached bank account did not work when UPWORK tried to debit it for my freelancers  dues.

This led to a suspension and limitation.

I sorted the parent and updated the bank details.

I am still facing the limitation. I cant even be active on my freelancer account.

Assist asap

Hi Arstio,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your financial account. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
5979df03
Community Member

Hi there, please assist.  

I'm sure it's a reoccurring issues with many new users.  I've added 2 credit cards and a PayPal, my transactions are still limited. 

Live chats cannot solve this there are no email addresses to reach out to.  As a first time user, it's making Upwork very difficult to use.

Anyone have a solution?

Hey Jason, contact your bank. It is usually the bank that is limiting the transaction amounts to Upwork. Thanks!

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your financial account. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
5c73695d
Community Member

Recently my profile was suspended because of a failed payment from my client account. However, it's been resolved now, but I am unable to send any proposals from my freelancer account. The submit a proposal button is greyed out. Tried using other browsers as well as the app, but the issue remains.

Hi Manav,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f484f4fb
Community Member

Hi

my financial account is suspended for more than 4 days now, i have no idea why! I tried to withdraw my payment via PayPal which you already approved as a payment method and whenever i seek help and support, I'm only instructed to fix my payment which I really have no idea how! What is the problem with my payment method? You already approved it so what is there to fix?

Hi Soha,

~ AJ
Upwork
k_mitrakas
Community Member

Hi!  Just now I was trying to withdraw some amount from my Upwork account and I faced an error message which said " Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. Please contact customer support". Can someone help me resolve this issue, please? Thank you.

Hi Konstantinos,

It looks like our team reached out to you regarding why your withdrawal was restricted. You can access your support tickets here. You may respond to the same ticket if you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork

Is the problem solved?

ce307eb9
Community Member

Hey 

I see this notification on the top of the screen 

Please see this screenshot in the attached file

Please solve this issue

Thank you

Regards:

Zia 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Zia,

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie Jane B.

Thank you so much for your reply

Some days ago I created a ticket But for the last two days, I have not received any response from the Upwork team.

I am waiting for them.

Can you tell me about this client,
I mean this is real or not?
Please check my profile and see also my last contract.

Thank you

moceanstudio
Community Member

I have an account as a freelancer.
I linked my account with PayPal to get paid but my PayPal account had a problem and now it is limited and I can't close it.
My Upwork account was restricted until I change my payment method.
I changed the payment method and still Upwork keeps telling me that I need to change my payment method even after they accepted the new payment method.
I want to know how to verify my payment card and how to remove the restriction on my account!

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
best-programmer
Community Member

My financial transactions on my account are limited although I don't have any pending balance to pay.

I can't submit any proposal. 

I don't know why.

I have another client account and I don't have any pending balance to pay.

Please help!

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ce307eb9
Community Member

Please tell me 

Can I add my friend card for Billing and payments

Because I have no any card 

Thank you

winpatas
Community Member

Hello Upwork. I used to withdraw money from my Upwork account to Paypal. In the past time, Paypal has asked for account verification, then my Paypal account has been locked because the robot's algorithms have scanned, I know this is because Paypal support told me and promise to help me, I promise I'll be completely honest and responsible for that. About Upwork, I have changed the payment method to Payoneer, please remove the suspension for me, thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths