🐈
» Forums » Support » Financial transactions for my account have be...
Page options
0bb36d87
Community Member

Financial transactions for my account have been limited

I am getting the below error.

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I have verified my PayPal access as well as I have added a debit card for more options.

I am also not able to hire a freelancer I am getting the below error.

"offer creation failed"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Oluwatobi, 

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received an email about the action on your account. You can reply to the email to find out more about the action we’ve taken.

That said, if you need to contact support regarding your financial account, you can:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,560 REPLIES 1,560

Hi Phong,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2445178d
Community Member

Hello,

I am Bilal and my problem is that I can not withdraw my funds, when I tried to withdraw Upwork said to contact Upwork support. It's really frustrating that you earn and when the time is to get paid then you will see this thing. 

Please help guide me.

Thanks,

Bilal

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue while initiating a fund withdrawal. I checked your account and noticed that your financial account is placed on hold. I see that the team has already reached you via a support ticket to notify you about the same and you are already communicating with them. You can access your support tickets here

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

When it will be resolved I need funds to withdraw the work which I did for
the past client. I earned this money with my skills and I have no idea why
fund withdrawal is on hold. please update Thanks.

Hello,

I am trying to withdraw the amount from my individual account and when I tried to withdraw the available funds I can see the error which says contact support. I am fed up now it's frustrating that you earn money with hard work and when the funds are available you cannot withdraw them. Please resolve this issue ASAP. I need money to survive this is really unrealistic Upwork charged their amount on the project I did with hourly client and client ask for a refund Upwork refunded the amount without my consent. Now if I forgot the refund so what about the available funding I have from that client which I can't withdraw? Why did Upwork put this on hold?

please help support the talent and their hard work to earn the money.
Thanks,
Bilal

Contacts details ecrows billing payment holdings
501c7a9c
Community Member

We still get the notification that financial transactions for your company have been limited, although I updated the payment method. Our freelancers can't add their hours for three days, and nothing is changing. 

I need support as soon as possible. 

Hi Justina,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
81852f33
Community Member

Great!
0914db29
Community Member

Hello there,

It's been a long time, I had used my Upwork account, and since I am back in the section, I am using it again. So the first thing that I had done, that I had updated the bank and card details so that I can activate my account but there is an issue and that is, my company's financial transactios had been set limited and because of that I cannot do anything here.

Could anyone help me and let me know what all steps need to be followed, so that I can continue doing some great work.

Thanks!

0914db29_0-1670217680766.png

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for your message. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep,

Thanks for the revert. But I would like to inform you that I had raised a ticket 3 days ago, and I haven't got any update on that particular ticket. So in order to get noticed by the Upwork Support team, I created another ticket today. 

Nevemind, I will wait for another 48 hrs, and let's see what solution do I get from the Support.

Thanks!

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for your message. I see that your financial account is already restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
0664c1b6
Community Member

I am getting below error

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

I have verified my PayPal account as well as I have added debit card for card option.

I am also not able to hire freelancer, and they can't accept my offers.

Hi Le,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0664c1b6
Community Member

Thank you so much!

5318ea346ce660f6
Community Member

Please help me!. I already Verify My ID Card. But  wrong name show on my Financial Account. I make ticket already but no response

Screenshot from December 7, 2022, 4_24 AM.png

EJAZ ULLAH

Hi Ejaz,

~ Arjay
Upwork
693de47d
Community Member

I want to withdraw on Upwork, I was told my transaction account is limited to withdraw. Why is this happening

Hi Hammed,

~ Arjay
Upwork
c0ce2d1c
Community Member

Hi,

My account has understandably been suspended due to repeated failed payments. This was because of issues related to a new bank. The balance has been evened out though, and I'm still suspended, I opened a ticket more than 48 hours ago, no reply at all. What can I do to speed this up?

Best,
Marco

On top of this, some of the money is not being funneled to the contractors.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Marco,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your financial account. I have followed up with the team handling your request and one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
jickien
Community Member

Hello, It says "Financial transactions for [my account] have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."

I can't find the message from my email, and I can't find where to contact customer support either.

Please help.

Hi Sun,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
achikuta
Community Member

I have paid up the client overdue amount. I am restricted to do almost anything in my freelancer account.

Update the status.

Hi Arstio,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
nortiz0688
Community Member

Hi There,

My account was suspended due to outdated payment information. I updated this nearly a week ago and the suspension has not been lifted. I filed a service request a few days ago but have not received a response. I would like to have this resolved ASAP so if someone could address this I very much appreciate it. 

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nicholas,

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
a9222de9
Community Member

Hello! I have changed my payment method from paypal to my debit card, the message of financial account suspended is not appearing anymore, but my account is restricted.

All my proposals are archived, and i can't send any new proposals.

Keep in mind i have verified the new payment method.

I have created two tickets, but no response, i can see in the forum that sometimes responses take a long time.

please help.

Hi Houssam,

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie! The support ticket shows as solved but i have received no responses, and i'm still locked on Upwork, all proposals still archived and i can't send new proposals.

Hi Houssam, 

I see that it's open. Please check this ticket.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie! This is the second ticket i have raised, because the first one was appearing as solved but my upwork account was still suspended.

omar_benemaru
Community Member

Hello , I received this message: Financial transactions for ..... have been limited.

what can be done here Please,

could you tell me how to fix it. Thank you!

Hi Omar, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you for replying

I already waiting to someone reply to me

And i didn't get any email about what this about.. 

All i did i invited my client to pay to me through upwork then after he paid to me .. got this message

Really feel much disappointed 

And fear to continue any work 😑😑

I know this isn't ur mistake... But i believe you can imagine my case now

dc79812e
Community Member

The "Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account" problem is observed by many people, will this problem ever be solved or should we just give up our money?

I've seen posts in the community, but I haven't seen any posts saying that my problem was solved, or that you have to do something like this to solve this problem. But I have read that this problem persists for weeks or months.

The Support Team is quite small compared to the number of freelancers, but this can be solved by giving simple instructions or clearly explaining the situation. Or you better ask us to leave Upwork and give up on money.

Please leave your thoughts, thanks

Mekhrajjan Khalmuratov

Hi Mekhrajjan,

Thank you for your message. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members has already responded to you. You can access your support tickets here . Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.

Thank you,

Pradeep 

Upwork

Many people wished me well for my results on Upwork and I was honored:party_popper:.  

And now the hurdle in front of me is to continue working with Upwork or just leave it without anything. Because today I was warned about returning the money to my client (although here the client just wins and I get nothing) but I did not receive any information or news about it from the client. 

The amount of money that needs to be paid back is not small for me and it will take me 5 or 6 months to earn that amount, so I have to work for free for that long and is that right?

I will wait for Upwork's answer to this. I hope Upwork is ready to help freelancers

Mekhrajjan Khalmuratov
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths