🐈
» Forums » Support » Flagging is down
Page options
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Flagging is down

Getting an error message saying flagging is temporarily unavailable when trying to flag scam posts, even after clearing my cache and history and trying diffrent browsers and restarting. Not good.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'd like to confirm that this issue has been fixed and you should now be able to flag jobs if you believe they're inappropriate or violating Upwork TOS. 
We appreciate your patience while our team of engineers was working on fixing it. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52

it happens from time to time that you cannot flag a post, even before the layout changes.

m_terrazas
Community Member

It would be nice if, as we have discussed before, Upwork tested the changes before breaking everything. I guess this is all due to the "totally horrible and unnecessary" design change.
A week and no resolution?
And from what I have read and they have told me, there are more failures. For example, that on some device, the FLAG screen covers the SEND button.
Huge sigh!

m_terrazas_0-1659605803213.png

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

I am now unable to flag job posts as inappropriate. It worked fine for me until late yesterday (Aug 3). I can open the Flag popup window but when I click 'submit' I get the same error messages reported by others.

black-abbath
Community Member

same issue is in Firefox continues from yesterday. at least

minder
Community Member

Hi Pradeep, unfortunately, the flagging option does not work no matter how many times I tried in the last 2 days.

It says "error".

bilal1983
Community Member

Does flagging even matter at this point? I mean I'm really glad there are so many freelancers who are still flagging job posts (or trying to), but does that make a significant impact? We're being flooded with scam/spam.

I've read people report, you take one down, 5 other similar ones pop up. Sure, fix the Flag feature.

But we need another strategy.

Yes, we do need anothet strategy. I've seen no reduction in the number of new scams posts, or even in the same ones getting posted over and over again even after having been flagged and removed countless times.

mar_work
Community Member

Hello. Has this been resolved or are we all still experiencing the same issue? I try to flag jobs and I keep seeing the errors everyone describes. Is there any update on it?

anna_babicheva
Community Member

Hey Upwork team,

I'm trying to flag scam job postings in my listing and see these 2 messages over and over again for the past few days. 
Might need your attention. 

Edit: Wow, I'm slow. Did not see that there is already an open discussion about this. Well, it's still not resolved 🙃

Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 10.42.55.png

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'd like to confirm that this issue has been fixed and you should now be able to flag jobs if you believe they're inappropriate or violating Upwork TOS. 
We appreciate your patience while our team of engineers was working on fixing it. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

I was just able to report one. Thank you.

I was able to report one just now via Chrome on my Windows laptop.

Additional note: Just now, I tried first to do it via Chrome on my Chromebook and experienced the problem I was having yesterday: the Flag as Inappropriate window opens but the comment box at the bottom of the list of reasons covers up the 'submit' button and there's no way to get around it. That happened for the first time two days ago (the same time I began getting the error messages when trying to flag via Chrome on my Windows laptop.) FWIW

It worked. Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths