🐈
» Forums » Support » Fraud Emergency
Page options
d63b5218
Community Member

Fraud Emergency

**Edited for community guidelines** has manipulated the system; He plays the part of an App & Web Developer. He has all the correct language and portfolio. He is very negotiable for a contract price; when you agree, he assists you to step by step to pay a one-third deposit. Then he sends you a form to complete. Then he is gone with your one-third. The real problem - NOWHERE to quickly report and talk to someone, nowhere to quickly suspend him to stop the fraud! Having bots try and assist with personal fraud does NOT work! This is very serious, and I advise anyone to take special care. I am praying someone gets back to me with advice and that he is terminated and prosecuted! I will hopefully get a refund!

It is important to have a contact system like a bank where you can immediately stop fraudsters

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi John,

I'm sorry to hear about how your contract with this freelancer turned out. Upon checking your account, I can see that a dispute has already been submitted. Our mediation team will continue to assist and will update you directly via ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths