🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Freelancer Plus questions
Page options
StanG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Freelancer Plus questions

We recently shared that we are launching a 3 month run with 6 new perks in the Freelancer Plus program! If you haven't had a chance to check out our landing page and FAQs thread here. Still have questions? Please comment on this thread.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancer-Plus/tkb-p/FreelancerPlus

4/5/2023 update: The promotional period for the offer has ended. If you already have Freelancer Plus, you can request to take advantage of these additional benefits through the end of June.  Visit the Group to request access, please allow 24-48 hours for access to be granted. https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancer-Plus/gh-p/FreelancerPlus 

221 REPLIES 221
iraiansar
Community Member

It feels like these perks are only for the new subscribers, will I get any of these perks since I am subbed to Freelancer Plus since last month?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rai, 

That’s correct, these new features are only available to users who subscribe to Freelancer Plus between March 14, 2023 - March 31, 2023. 

~ Avery
Upwork
488f07d2
Community Member

Hi Avery, is there any discussion of extending these "temporary" perks to existing FP members (who have been paying the premium for years...) It feels a bit like you're ignoring your 'old guard' by only giving these perks to new users (who may cancel after only a month, based on some of these questions you're getting). Wouldn't it be better for Upwork to encourage us "tried and true" members who pay the premium each month like clockwork?

It's a bit like those special rates credit card companies offer to new customers, ignoring all their legacy customers. It leaves a bit of a bad taste in our mouths. Just sayin...

StanG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rai, Kevin - We're looking into what we can do. We'll be in touch soon! I think we should be able to find a solution.

It is better to have privileges for new users, but it is better to have limited to a short period

Do I get perks automatically?

StanG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Farhan - You'll receive them about 24 hours after signing up (We're hoping to automate this in the future so it's immediate!)

No, you have to sign up first 

- We're looking into what we can do. We'll be in touch soon! I think we should be able to find a solution

medurisss
Community Member

HI Avery: I am in Top Rated. Do I get 0% commission perk automatically, without subscribing for Plus Membership? I would like to invite clients to Upwork. Also, Do I get any promotion perk/bonus, If I invite clients or Users to the platform?

-Sri

Hi Sri Siva Sai,

We continue to offer that perk to Top Rated talent (even if they're on Basic Membership) as before. Feel free to check this solution for more information. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks Valeria for your response.

1) What is the link to send invitation to the client? or what is the page to enter the client email address, so they get invitation to join upwork? 

2) Is it something to do with Direct Contracts? I see it is still with 3.4% even I am top Rated, Is n't it?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sri Siva Sai, 

Once you get a Freelancer Plus plan, you can submit a request form from your Community profile to waive the freelancer service fee for any new clients you bring to Upwork within the next three months. After you submit the request, our team will be in touch with a client link within the next two business days. Please keep in mind that the client must be a new client and should not have an existing Upwork account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
medurisss
Community Member

If I am not opting for the Freelancer Plust, Still I see it is applicable for 0% fees, as mentioned by valeria (We continue to offer that perk to Top Rated talent (even if they're on Basic Membership) as before.

So, it is not required to go for Plus membership, in this case. My question is to know, what link to share in these cases for my clients to register or I can manually enter their emails and click submit without support from upwork?

-Sri

Sri Siva Sai,

If you intend to bring your own client to Upwork as a part of Top Rated program, please refer to this  this solution for more information and email BringYourClient@upwork.com to request the link. 
Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork
iraiansar
Community Member

So I have not seen it answered anywhere, let's say I downgrade my subscription and upgrade will I qualify for the perks?

Hi Rai, 
There is no need to downgrade. Please refer to my comment here.

~ Valeria
Upwork
f58a7ae0
Community Member

Thank you for the information Rai, signed up moments ago. Looking forward to utilizing these new features. I think it is certainly worth the price.

1630049e
Community Member

When I tried to upgrade to Freelancer Plus, it says enter a valid promotional code, how do I get one?

1630049e_0-1679626641954.png

StanG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Halimat - Promo code is only applicable if you have a discount/promo code.

1ba9b8ed
Community Member

Hello. I registered within the specified period, but nothing has changed on my profile

Hello Mindia,

I can see that you currently have the Freelancer Basic membership. These new features are only available to users who subscribe to Freelancer Plus between March 14, 2023 - March 31, 2023. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1ba9b8ed
Community Member

Hello Luiggi,

I thought I would have access to an additional 6 features for 3 months with Freelancer Basic for signing up for the specified period.

Thanks

I have subscibe to Feelancer Plus Plan today. Am I eligiable to avail all the features? 

Javed Aslam
05b3225f
Community Member

Hello

someone

Hi Haider shah, is there any discussion of extending these "temporary" perks to existing FP members (who have been paying the premium for years...) It feels a bit like you're ignoring your 'old guard' by only giving these perks to new users (who may cancel after only a month, based on some of these questions you're getting). Wouldn't it be better for Upwork to encourage us "tried and true" members who pay the premium each month like clockwork?

It's a bit like those special rates credit card companies offer to new customers, ignoring all their legacy customers. It leaves a bit of a bad taste in our mouths. Just sayin...

salwaufaq
Community Member

Hey,
I wanted to subscribe to Freelancer Plus but due to some verification issues, I could not do so until today. Can I still purchase the Plus offer for six new features perks?

Hi Ufaq,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your message with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

it's fantastic to have the option to try for a short period and then decide 

• yes

shehanfernando
Community Member

Hi Stan, how do Upwork Skills Certifications work with the Plus Plan? Can we add more than one certificate to our profile with the Plus Plan? Also, I have used the Bring Your Own Client Top Rated perk in the past. Has it been discontinued?

Hi Shehan, 

I want to note that these new features are only available to users who upgrade to Freelancer Plus between March 14, 2023 - March 31, 2023. When you get the Plus Plan around this time, you'll have priority access to our certification program and move to the front of the line. To answer your question, yes, you can add more than one certificate to your profile. Here's more information about Upwork Skills Certification.

The Bring Your Own Client program remains available to Top Rated and Top Rated Plus freelancers. We have added it as a perk for talent who will avail of the plan between March 14, 2023 - March 31, 2023.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks for clarifiying Avery 🙂 . Btw here's a reply I got from support last year  - 

**edited for Community Guidelines**
Did you all change it recently ? 

Hi Shehan, 

You can add more certifications to your profile through Custom Certifications. The Upwork Skill Certification is being offered to most people right now, so talent who has been previously certified may not be invited to get a certification again anytime soon. But if you get invited for another certification, you can definitely take it. 

For this promo, once talent upgrades their membership plan, they can opt into Upwork Skills Certification inside their Community profile. The Upwork Skills Certification team will invite the freelancer to participate in one of our WMSD, D&C, or Customer Support assessments. Freelancer Plus members will be prioritized for Upwork Skills Certifications, which include skills in Web, Mobile, & Software Development, as well as Design & Creative skills.

Since you already have an Upwork Skill Certificate, let me double-check your question with the team and see if the perk applies to your account. 

ETA: Hi Shehan, this perk will apply to you. 😊

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks so much Avery, I will check it out 🙂 

f1ecd428
Community Member

Hi Avery, so... can you get another skill certificate if you're invited as a Freelancer Plus perk? I'm asking because I also got an invite and wanted to know if the offer had an expiration date. Thank you!

3b408a84
Community Member

In the future, if I would like to cancel the plus subscription, is it possible? Or how long do I have to subscribe at least? Thanks.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yoyo, 

You can downgrade your plan anytime. However, I want to note that downgrading your plan means losing the perks that come with it. 

For this promo, the additional features noted on this page are only available to freelancers who purchase Freelancer Plus between March 14, 2023 - March 31, 2023, and the features themselves will only be available until June 30, 2023. We'll continue to share program updates throughout the next three months, so please be sure to leave your feedback and share your favorite features!  

As we strive to perfect our offerings, we may hold additional specials throughout the year, incorporating changes and improvements based on your valuable feedback.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths