🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Freelancer Plus questions
Page options
StanG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Freelancer Plus questions

Have any questions about Freelancer Plus?  Check out the landing page  Still have questions? Please comment on this thread.

250 REPLIES 250
asgharsakina
Community Member

I have change my membership to freelancer plus but it is not showing in any other case only I get connects 

Hi Ambreen,

Thank you for your message. The Freelancer Plus plan includes a larger monthly allotment of Connects, membership perks, and visibility into competitor bids along with additional perks for 3 months if you sign up between May 26 - June 30th. Check out this help page for more information on the available perks with your Freelancer Plus membership. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello upwork team, I am adding my card buy upwork freelancer plus membership but not successful. please help me

Hi Md,

Can you clear your browser cache and cookies and try again? If the issue persists, please share a screengrab of the error you're seeing on your end so we can better assist you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Screenshot_2023_0821_030529.png

Thanks for following up, Md. It looks like your card-issuing bank has declined the transaction. Don't hesitate to contact your bank for more information on why the transaction was declined. In the meantime, feel free to try using a different billing method.

Once they confirm that they approve the transaction and you still get the same error message, please let us know so we can further assist you. 

Also, I see that your profile picture is not a portrait of yourself. Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Please check this article for more information on updating your profile photo.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello I am new here,but I am an experienced nurse whom is ready to tackle any nursing work

Which country are you from?
John Adie
eb5c15dd
Community Member

With Freelancr plus, do I still have the option of purchasing more connects as I need them?

StanG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, you can still purchase like usual as well.

khayyam123
Community Member

Can Any body tell me that  Freelancer Plus plan is only for one month $14.99 ?or it will will be for next 7 moths ?

Hi Yazir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. When you upgrade to a Freelancer Plus plan, it will cost $14.99 USD a month. That said, your plan will be billed every month on the same date. Your billing cycle date is reset the day you upgrade to a Freelancer Plus plan. For example, if you switch to the Freelancer Plus plan on July 3, your new billing cycle date will be every month on the 3rd. Your Connects will refresh monthly on that day as well. 

You may want to check this help article for more information, like the perks you'll receive and detailed instructions on how to upgrade your plan.

~ Arjay
Upwork
preet1405
Community Member

What if in the future i want to switch back to the free one, Can I do it anytime?

Hi Harpreet,

Absolutely!  To downgrade from Freelancer Plus to Freelancer Basic:

1. Go to Settings  Memberships & Connects
  2. Select View or Edit Membership Plan
  3. Choose the Switch to Basic button on the Basic plan

Let us know if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello, I want to ask when I get Upwork skill certification notification to get that certificate. I am top-rated and using plus membership for 1+ years, can you help me out?

Hi Muhammad,

At this time you cannot request to be invited to complete a skill certification. For the best chance of being invited in the future, we suggest you achieve a solid reputation, keep a complete and up-to-date profile that is not set to private, and maintain an active Upwork account in good standing. Completing a skill certification in your primary field is required before applying to our Talent Scout program.

~ AJ
Upwork
44033f8b
Community Member

Hi Arjay, what if we still have connects remaining? Is still can be use connects from Freelancer Plus even we've downgrade to Basic?

wordpress_hub
Community Member

If i purchased this new premium membership will NEW perks still remain from today to next 3 month? or it will vanished if i ain't upgrade next month.
and what does it mean ? 

• New: Get personalized coaching and attend weekly office hours  

will i get personal coaching from a veteran? and what will the way to contact him?
also does plus membership help us to get invitation?

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for reaching out. When you purchase Freelancer Plus, you will be under a subscription hence the next month's payment will automatically be charged to your billing method.

Once you have the Freelancer Plus, you can opt into coaching inside of your Community profile. Once opted in, you will receive an invitation to connect with one of our Upwork coaches via email. Once you’ve signed up, one of our coaches will reach out to you via email. 

~ AJ
Upwork

i haven't get any mail from any of coach or didn't have got any mail to join private group after i purchase , its been 2 days already

Hi Abdullah,

Thank you for your response and confirmation. We sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. I've shared your report with the appropriate team for further review. We'll surely keep this thread posted with updates whenever we receive a response from them. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

3days but haven't got any personalized coaching through email . This is the reason i've purchased plus membership. i hope i will get it asap.

hey any update ?

Hi Abdullah,

I checked with the team and it seems that you may not have opted into coaching from your Community Profile. Can you please go to the Freelancer Plus tab from your Community Profile Settings and ensure that you have opted into coaching from there?

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have opt in personalised coaching. 

matttrussell
Community Member

I'm not sure how to take advantage of some of the features listed. 

Specifically, these:

'Skip the line for Upwork Skills Certifications'

'Attend weekly Upwork coaching office hours'

'Get personalized coaching'

'Customize your profile URL'

Where can we access these features?

kiranda777
Community Member

Can I purchase the Plus Membership by my earnings in Upwork?

Hi Kiran,

If you have a balance available from your Upwork earnings, you can use it to pay for your membership as long as you also have a primary billing method on file. If your balance is not enough to cover the cost, we’ll charge your primary billing method. If you remove your billing method, your membership plan will be canceled (you can always re-add it).

You can find more information here

~ Nikola
Upwork
51891e5e
Community Member

Can I downgrade to basic plan after a month or two if I can't afford for next month?

40aeb6d4
Community Member

Hello, 
With freelancer plus, can I cancel anytime or is it an annual commitment?

Hi Anna,

You can downgrade from Freelancer Plus to Freelancer Basic anytime. To do that:

1. Go to Settings  Memberships & Connects
  2. Select View or Edit Membership Plan
  3. Choose the Switch to Basic button on the Basic plan

You may also want to check this help article to learn more about Freelancer Plus.

~ Arjay
Upwork
sikander_razzaq
Community Member

After I upgrade to Plus membership I don't want upwork to charge me automatically is there any option like this? or I have to be aware before next month expiry date and downgrade it from settings.

Basically what Im saying I don't want upwork charge me next month automatically but when I want to do so.

Hi Abdul,

Your Freelancer Plus plan is automatically renewed every month using your billing method or your Upwork account balance. You cannot pay for it manually each month. You can switch to the Basic plan before your billing date if you want to downgrade your subscription for the next month. Your Freelancer Plus plan will remain active until the end of your current billing cycle if you cancel it in the middle of the month.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello,

Thank you for the answer!

I just bought new connects and read about the Freelance Plus after - any
chance I can transfer the money paid for the connects to the subscription?

I have one more question.
After purchasing Plus Account I sent 2 proposals of 8 which means total 16 and I see still 80 connects. So my question is If I don't win the project then my connects will be revert ?

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for your message. Connects will be returned in the following scenarios only

• If a project is canceled by the client before a contract is made, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If we remove a project’s post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi pardeep,

I have a question:
If I move back to basic freelance account from plus. so my current bids will be remove or stay there?

Thanks

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your bids will not be removed when you switch back to the basic plan. 

~ AJ
Upwork

hello

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths