🐈
» Forums » Support » Freelancer in Austria: "Kleinunternehmer" (Sm...
Page options
5a9549ae
Community Member

Freelancer in Austria: "Kleinunternehmer" (Small Business Owner) & Invoice with Legal Texts for VAT

Hello!

As a small business owner in Austria, exempt from VAT, I'm interested in learning how Upwork operates, especially regarding invoicing my clients both within and outside Austria, to businesses and individuals.

Could someone explain what Upwork invoices look like and what information I need to provide to Upwork to ensure correct billing for my clients? 

I would like to point out that there are specific legal texts that need to be included in the invoice. I need to know if Upwork can handle this correctly according to the law before I accept a contract.

1. For an invoice to a business or an individual in Austria, the following legal text is added: "The invoice amount does not include VAT in accordance with § 6 Abs. 1 Z 27 UStG 1994 (small business regulation)."
  2. For an invoice to a German business, the following text is added: "Reverse Charge: The tax liability is transferred to the recipient of the service."
  3. For an invoice to a German individual, the following text is added: "The invoice amount does not include VAT in accordance with § 6 Abs. 1 Z 27 UStG 1994 (small business regulation)."

Could someone show me a sample invoice?

Thank you in advance!

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths