🐈
» Forums » Support » Friend's Upwork account was suspended without...
Page options
areebatariq
Community Member

Friend's Upwork account was suspended without reason or explanation

Hi, a friend's Upwork account was just suspended without any explanation from support for the reason for suspension and her client and Upwork did not report any violations of contract from her end. When she contacted Upwork support via email they informed her the suspension is permanent and there's been no clarification on how the money she's earned through her account will be transferred to her. She was on an hourly job contract and had regular screenshots updates to confirm her work. How can this be resolved? any advice would help thank you. The amount that's now stuck in her account is a gigantic amount of money for her and she's very confused as she did nothing to deserve this suspension.

2 REPLIES 2
areebatariq
Community Member

another thing I'd like to mention, her client was under investigation and she got word of it first, but I fail to see how that's her fault and why she needs to be suspended for it. The client's account is suspended as well. 

Hi Areeba,

We truly appreciate you reaching out to us on behalf of your friend and I'm sorry to hear about this experience. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another user’s account and we do hope you understand. Could you please ask them to contact us directly on any of Upwork's social media profiles below? We'll be more than willing to review and assist them accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths