🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: You have not activated the Google sign in...
Page options
5a22752e
Community Member

Google Sign-in not working

I am not able to log in into my other account cause when I go and try I receive this error message when I have already used my account and posted jobs "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi AJ,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

378 REPLIES 378
0df83af3
Community Member

when i try to login it said "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

Hi, try to contact in support and not for the forum

Hi Sasa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
56d260bd
Community Member

I cant login to my upwork using google. It says Google account is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

please somebody help.

Hi Shraddha,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble logging in. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dc7c5a31
Community Member

Hi, i am not able to sign in upwork account after changing email address and getting this error. "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

Please help me to resolve this problem. I have created this new account to post my issue.

Hi Ritesh,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

I have messaged you my issue. Please reply my message. I realy need my account back.

Thanks

e38ac7df
Community Member

Hey there, I'm having logging in and signing up issue with **Edited for Community Guidelines** email. When i tries to log in it shows me my username or email isn't recognized also when I tries to sign up it shows:

Google account m...@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

Thanks in advance.

mr1996
Community Member

•  

what next

3. Go to help and support at the bottom of the page and create a ticket describing your problem.
4. I hope the Upwork team will do the best solution.

Best of luck

Hi Malik,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your account. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
37c516f3
Community Member

Problem with accounts

Hello, I have a gmail account and I always work with that account. But today when i try to login, some errors appear:" That Google account is not recognized on Upwork." Please help

Hi Kien,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9513ee83
Community Member

Hello.

I am also having a similar issue about being unable to log in with my account because of google sign in.

I made this account only to search any moderator that could help me and will close it once the problem resolved.

When I tried to log in it shows "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

Please help.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chika, 

I'll go ahead and ask the help of the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
026dab4a
Community Member

Hello upwork.

I am also having a similar issue about being unable to log in with my account because of google sign in for my last account. and i had to create a new account with my another gmail address

Hello Sadegh, 

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to learn that you are having trouble logging in to your account.

I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

Thank you for your patience.  

~ Bianca
a1985bfa
Community Member

I've enabled Google SIgn-In in my freelance id. I used to log in using that id but due to complete reset of my computer my google account is removed. Right now I can't log in that Google account. So I can't log in using Google Sign-In. Any other method is not available on my acccount. I have account credentials but I can't pass through because of Google Sign-In. I've posted it using another id which I made 2 days ago

Hi Muhammad Hussain,

Please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one Freelancer account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the email address associated with the account you need assistance with? Looking forward to your response. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
f479253c
Community Member

I am having to use another account to post this. So annoying. Anyway, I have another account that I cannot login with, it says I have to use google, but google says that google sign in is not available. Help!

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your message and I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble logging in to your account. Please note that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. 

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the email address associated with the account you need assistance with? Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thanks Arjay. I've sent you a message. How do you suggest one contact you if they cannot access their account yet you're not "allowed" to have a secondary one, given you need to be logged in to post here? I tried the chat, you cannot get through to a person and it's an infinate loop. Hopefully we can resolve via direct message. Cheers, Ben

Thank you for your response Ben,

I can confirm that I did receive your message. I have escalated your report and your account information to the appropriate team. One of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page to resolve the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
297991ba
Community Member

Hi! Good day Please help me get back my account, when I tried to login with my gmail and I got this error. I hope you'll find my account.
Thank you

Google account c...s@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
647252f8
Community Member

When I type my business email (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) into the login section I get an error prompt telling me that the email is not found linked to an account so I go to create an account and then I get an error promt telling me I cant create an account with my email because it is already linked to an account.

Hi Christian,

Please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. I'll have one of the Support Team members assist you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f7e8c3c6
Community Member

I am experiencing the same issues signing into my client account after just having changed the email address associated with the account. I am getting a message saying "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

The client account email address can be sent via PM to someone that can help me. I appreciate any assistance!

Hi Scott,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I received your PM and will continue to assist you there. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
f5850f68
Community Member

Hi, i'm having the same issue for my freelancer account where it says both "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." and "This email address uses Google Sign-In." and does not let me login. This account was made just so I could reply. Please help!!

Hi AJ,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, I sent you two messages with no reply...

ab74c257
Community Member

Hello, 

I am unable to login to my original upwork account with email address **Edited for Community Guidelines**

It say - "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." 

So, for the purpose of getting contact support, I made this another account.

PS: I followed solution here: ( Nikola S Moderator Solution )  and in Get Support it created a ticket. But at this moment, I am unable to see any ticket generated in My Request section.

Please help me solve the above issue as soon as possible. Please let's me know if you need any details about of above  mentioned account. Thanks in advance.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Vivek,

I can see that a support ticket was created for you and a corresponding email was sent to the email you just mentioned. Kindly check your inbox to respond to that email so your ticket will be redirected to our support team and they can further assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, 

My friend is also having the same issue as mentioned here and I'm contacting you on be half of him as he is not getting any replay from support team. the problem is unable to login my account with google signin option. When he tries to sign in with Google sign in, he is getting en error saying that Google sign in is not activated. 

Here is his gmail to contact:**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please contact him since he is having a hard time to resolve this issue.

Hi Jumabek,

I understand your friend would like to contact support and resolve the issue with their Upwork account. They should be able to reach out to our support team via the chatbot without having to log in.

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

~ AJ
Upwork
0c866c3d
Community Member

I am trying to log in to my main account which was made using Gmail, I deactivated my account a few months back and am now trying to re-activate it/log in. I am unable to do so as I keep getting stuck with this error:

Google account (e...r@gmail.com) is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.
a8f595fe
Community Member

When I try to log in with the Chrome browser that I normally log in to every day, it does nothing even though I click the Sign In With Google button. I tried logging in from a different browser and it succeeds. How can we fix this?

I can only login with my google account.

I deleted all the cookies in Chrome and it still didn't work.

Hi Emre,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
a085fb46
Community Member

I have the same issue. My email for the account is **Edited for Community Guidelines** and is not a google account. I want the google sign in removed. I have pending money on my account and want to use it for a project. I need this resolved urgently or my money on the account refunded

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths