🐈
» Forums » Support » Google Sign-in not working
Page options
5a22752e
Community Member

Google Sign-in not working

I am not able to log in into my other account cause when I go and try I receive this error message when I have already used my account and posted jobs "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi AJ,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

454 REPLIES 454

Hi Danha,

We've escalated your case into a support ticket. One of our agents will contact you directly and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
72672c03
Community Member

I had to create  new account since I can't login to my existing account.

Please fix this "you have not activated the google sign in method for this account" error.

I don't know what to do since your community.upwork.com freezes every time I try to access resources and you have no form of support chat or phone number.

I need this fixed as soon as possible!

Hi Arron,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
aef16d70
Community Member

Can someone please assist me? I haven't used Upwork in a while and when I tried to login to my freelancer account, it wouldn't let me. It says this account uses Google sign-in, and when I try to do it that way, it says my account isn't recognized.

I have a lot of data on this account and I need to recoup that. Thanks!

Did you email this issue to Upwork?

My account was blocked for not submitting KYC. I emailed this issue to them. They took 3 weeks, but now I can use my account. I am sure they will look into this matter. They have a strong analytics team.

Hi Amanda,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
396489e3
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

i cant login in 

Hi Abhaya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
engmech83
Community Member

I was adding a payment method when it asked me to re-enter the password. How can I enter my password when I don't have one? I used Google sign-in so no need for a password.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
797a427c
Community Member

I created this account to be able to access upwork support
I lost access to my gmail and phone number associated with my gmail,
my Upwork account is directly linked to my gmail address, I am unable to access my main account 

I kindly request your assistance to log into my main upwork account.

live chat support

Hi Clara,

I saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you. You can access your support ticket here

~Ivy
Upwork
f9da6060
Community Member

"I had a previous account registered with the email address inf@xxxxxxx. However, when I try to log into my account, it asks for Google verification. Even though I know my password, I can't access my account. Can you help me?"

Hi Atakan,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths