🐈
» Forums » Support » Google Sign-in not working
Page options
5a22752e
Community Member

Google Sign-in not working

I am not able to log in into my other account cause when I go and try I receive this error message when I have already used my account and posted jobs "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi AJ,

If you need help signing in to your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

378 REPLIES 378
377772a0
Community Member

Hi, 

could you please help me with the same case + system shows me that I already have account. I provide my email but it's said invalid 😞

0240b217
Community Member

This just happened to my main account and im so frustrated because i am unable to log into in and i have to pay my freelancers. so unprofessional from Upwork. they need to do something about this. I am so mad.

Okay im so frustrated with this company Upwork. Ive been trying to log in to my main account for the past hour and i have not been succesful at it. It keeps telling me to use Google sign in but when i do theres a pop up that says that the google sign in is disabled. like what the **bleep** man. why cant it just let me type my password. im so upset. 

I would really appreciate speedy support on this because i really need to pay my worker. The email attached to the account is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

They reached out to me but didnt solve my problem. They want me to reset my password which is not my problem. I need yall to turn off that google Sign in from the account attached to  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please, do something about it.

I have the exact same issue. Worse of the email associated with my account is not even a google account. I dont know why they would activate google sign in for it. I need this resolved!

my email associated with the account is **Edited for Community Guidelines** and i am not willing to hunt for details like credit cards or resetting for an issue I have not caused. Please just remove google sign in on my account

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Oscar,

I certainly understand why you're upset about not being able to log in to your account. I have escalated your concern to the team handling your case and one of our members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. Feel free to check here or your email for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0240b217
Community Member

Nothing has been done to solve my problem. I have money pending so i can pay the person i hired. If i do not log into that account then that means Upwork really just stole money from me. So unprofessional. 

Hi Oscar,

Thank you for following up. Could you please confirm if you have access to the email associated with your original account? If you do, could you please check it for the email our team have sent you with additional information? If it's not in your inbox, kindly try checking your spam folder.

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
0beb9554
Community Member

Hi, I'm getting the same error message when I log-in with my gmail. Can someone help me with this? Thank you.

Hi Jay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you were able to sign in recently using the Google sign-in option. Please let us know if you still need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork

This is not my original e-mail. I want to access my original e-mail but it says that google sign-in is not activated but when I create a account using that e-mail it says e-mail is in use but when I log-in using the e-mail it says username incorrect.

71b4250c
Community Member

Hi, having the same issue reported by everyone here. When I try to use Google Sign in for another account, it says "You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for this email address."

Please reach out so I can send the email with that account and fix it. Thank you.

Hi Michael,

I would be happy to help. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to?

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
056a5c4a
Community Member

Hi there, 

Can please someone help me to retrieve my account. 
I changed my gmail account and then after that, I am no longer  able to log in my account.

Hi Jaser,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to?

~ Nikola
Upwork
36d94206
Community Member

Hey, I tried logging on to my acount I´ve been using to order art and design, but couldnt, so I created this one to be able to ask for help, anyone able to help me please? This is the message I got

Google account g...o@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

Hi Dzenan,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
0a8212a2
Community Member

Google account a...8@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked

Hi Abdo,

I can see that you've reached out to our team with your concern. Please allow our team time to review your account and one of our team members will reach out through this support ticket with updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

I had problems logging into my old account. Actually the situation is described in the screenshots. When I allowed to log in through Google, it gave an error that it painted red, when I simply allowed to log into my account, there was an error "wrong username". Creating a second account is a necessary measure, I understand that this is strictly prohibited by the rules

, but, unfortunately, I did not have others who wanted to convey their problem. I don’t want to violate your rules. To be honest, I don’t even remember how I registered the last account, and if it exists and this is not some kind of mistake, please delete it and allow it to work from this one, since I have already configured it for myself. Let me know how I can contact your support team and I will send more account details.

проблема скрин 1.jpgпроблема скрин 2.jpg

Hi Eldar,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address associated with your original account so that I can assist you further? We look forward to your response. Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0a8212a2
Community Member

I am not able to log in into my other account cause when I go and try I receive this error message when I have already used my account and i have a job in this account ,and there is no support to contact with so plz help me

Hi Abdo,

Apologies for the delay on your support ticket. The team is currently experiencing a higher number of contacts and they are doing their best to help everyone as soon as possible. I've reached out to the team and followed up with them directly, you should receive a reply on your ticket soon.

It looks like the team has already updated your support ticket regarding this and they're waiting for your reply. Please refer to your ticket here.

~Andrea
Upwork
0a8212a2
Community Member

I did already reply to this ticket and there is nothing happen 

sorry but the problem it was with other account not this account ,i think you may need account email 

800d222c
Community Member

I'm having an issue in which the account I'm currently using isn't the email I wanted to use for Upwork. However, for some reason I cannot register the new one since I keep getting the message that Upwork does not reconize the gmail account I'm trying to use.

What's even worse, the account that I can login to won't let me verify my phone number since it says there's an account already using it.

I'm not trying to have multiple accounts, I just want my business email tied to one account and delete any of these possible accouts thar have been created in the past by me. But I have no idea what other account could exist since according to the site, there is no other one, but at the same time there is an account that exists that's using my phone number already.

Can someone help with this please?

Hi Ronald,

I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
wijnandb
Community Member

I can't login, I don't have the connected Google account anymore and I can't login with email, th eonly available option is to login with Google account.

I have tried several things, but it seems you can only switch from Google login to email login by logging in and changing the option.

I have read somewhere that Upwork staff can change this setting, but I can't reach them.

I am only able to ask this question by logging in via another account.

The account I can't access anymore is w****@perceptum.nl

Hi Wijnand,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
828bc7ee
Community Member

Hi,

I'm having this exact same problem with my other Google account, hence why I used my current one to log into Upwork Community and look for support about this.

Can someone help please?

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
456a0e1e
Community Member

I'm sorry I know it's not allowed to have 2 accounts but I really need my main account so I needed to make this one to make a support ticket, I have a problem when I want to login to my main account I enter email but it says that I need to log in with google with that email and then when I login with google it says there is no account associated to that account my email is: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

456a0e1e_0-1657147383071.png

Hi Andrew,

I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of the members will be in touch with assistance on how to proceed with your request. You can check here or your email for updates. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
3b3bea9c
Community Member

Hi.
I'm having the same issue. Can someone help me aswell?
I get this:
"You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

Thank you

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for your message. Could you please confirm if you are referring to the same account you are posting this message and if you are still facing the same error message? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Yes, Its regarding this account. I can only log-in in through my old email.
The email I want to log-in to use o this account is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you and advance.

Hi Rafael,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. You can check here or your email for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a8b7adb0
Community Member

Hello, How can I open a ticket? I would like to use my regular work email but the system says it is already in use. I am unable to sign in with that email so I started a new account with a different email. Thank you.

Hi Elizabeth,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your concern. You can check here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths