🐈
» Forums » Support » Help me out plz
Page options
c61ef689
Community Member

Help me out plz

A client named  **Edited for Community Guidelines** asked me  to buy crypto for him and get payment through Upwork. He give payment through Upwork bonus. When i bought crypto for him and send Crypto to his wallet he paid me me through Upwork. He gave the money in form of Upwork bonus. Now He refunded his money back. I didn't even click on refund button. I thought Upwork has money protection that's y i paid him. He scammed me and now scamming other freelancers, now still he is hiring freelancers and scamming them. I request Upwork to plz block these kinds of clients and eductate freelancer community about these kind of scamms. 

And please help me to get my money back.

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Ibrahim S wrote:

A client named XXXX XXXX asked me  to buy crypto for him and get payment through Upwork. He give payment through Upwork bonus. When i bought crypto for him and send Crypto to his wallet he paid me me through Upwork. He gave the money in form of Upwork bonus.

Unfortunately, you were scammed. That "bonus" was never paid (OF COURSE) in the first place and what's more, you violated Upwork's Terms of Service by conducting financial transactions outside of Upwork.

Didn't you really think any real client would send real money to buy crypto on Upwor at a hugely inflated price rather than just buying it directly at cost?

And please help me to get my money back.

You won't get that money "back" because it was never there in the first place.

c61ef689
Community Member

I didn't know about it. I thought once he sent payment through Upwork is now safe and it's a safe deal

roberty1y
Community Member

You're lucky. It seems you lost less than $100, because that's what the client was supposed to pay you. Some freelancers here have been scammed out of $2,000 or more in this way. 

PradeepH

Hi Ibrahim,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. I see that the flagged client is already suspended and no longer active on the platform. Please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs and working safely through Upwork. You can also read about Scam Prevention and how to report suspicious user activity. By doing so, it will send a notification to the relevant team to monitor the account and take the appropriate measures they deem necessary.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

His account was verified and i think Upwork bas his all details. I request Upwork to file a case against him and take a legal action plz. I think he scammed many clients and grab their money. Just blocking his account is not the solution of this matter. He will create a new account on someone else details and will scamm people again. And there are a lot of more clients on Upwork who are scamming people.

c61ef689
Community Member

Thanks that they removed the client i am new to Upwork abd i didn't know about this scam. I thought that the Upwork deducted money from his account and now my money is safe and Upwork will pay me.

sofia2008
Community Member

You cannot run your business with what you think.

As a new freelancer, there is a lot you need to learn before jumping right in to sending proposals.

Please read the following resources to get you up to speed on how to use Upwork, and learn what is allowed and not allowed. Buying things for clients or on their behalf is one of the things that are not allowed.

SCAM : STOP buying PUBG, CRYPTO, NFT, etc… on... - Upwork Community

Get Started – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Upwork Legal Center

List of red flags for scams - Upwork Community

Freelancing 101 on Upwork - Upwork Community

Report Suspicious User Activity – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Understanding and Using Connects – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs - Upwork Community

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths