🐈
» Forums » Support » Help with the Affidavit of Unchanged Status f...
Page options
f5d37d63
Community Member

Help with the Affidavit of Unchanged Status for the W-8BEN form

Hello everyone,

I just had a question about filling the Affidavit of Unchanged Status for the W-8BEN form. Could a moderator please put me in contact with someone who can offer help through a support ticket?

The form requests confirmation that "the information and certifications contained therein have remained unchanged throughout calendar year 2022". In my case, this statement would be inaccurate, because my country of residence changed in 2022. However, I have never lived in the USA and still do not.

I would therefore imagine that the change of country is of little consequence  so long as I was never a US resident or taxpayer  but can I still be signing the affidavit or do I need some other form?

Thank you in advance,

Franco

2 REPLIES 2
f5d37d63
Community Member

Hello,

My apologies for posting this a second time, but my original post is four days old and I have received no reply and no assistance. I just had a question about filing the Affidavit of Unchanged Status for the W-8BEN form. Could a moderator please put me in contact with someone who can offer help through a support ticket?

The form requests confirmation that "the information and certifications contained therein have remained unchanged throughout calendar year 2022". In my case, this statement would be inaccurate, because my country of residence changed in 2022. However, I have never lived in the USA and still do not.

I would therefore imagine that the change of country is of little consequence  so long as I was never a US resident or taxpayer  but can I still be signing the affidavit or do I need some other form?

Thank you in advance,

Franco

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Franco, 

I'm sorry we missed responding to you sooner. Our team had to ask for more information from another team regarding your question. I can see that a member of the Upwork Support team has been in touch with you. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to update your ticket. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths