🐈
» Forums » Support » Oops! Username is incorrect error when Loggin...
Page options
nilewadchan
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

How to restore an account closed accidently? 

Account username : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chandrakant,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

615 REPLIES 615

Hi Lais,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the email address you are referring to? 

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

I closed my old account last year and i did not know about the one account per person rule. I had to create a second account now to get in touch with the support team. Would i be able to restore my old account back and close this account? If its not possible to restore my old account and i am no longer able to use upwork then i am happy to delete this account as well. I do apologize for unintentionally violating the TOS

Hi Sajiv,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your message and assist you accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f66c214f
Community Member

Hi! I've closed my accound some time ago, but I want to get back to work on upwork. 

Can I reopen my old account?

Thank you!

Hi Marina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your message and assist you accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0beb9554
Community Member

I can't use my original e-mail in upwork. When I create an account using the e-mail it says the e-mail is already in used but when I log-in it says username is incorrect. Can anyone help me deal with this problem? I really want to use my original e-mail in upwork. Thank you in advance.

Hi Jay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0e0d6675
Community Member

Hi,

I have an account associated with the email **Edited for Community Guidelines**  I can't log in to it because it says google sign-in is not activated for this email address... I only changed my email address but used the account after it but now I can't log in to my account...I have to deliver the order in 3 days.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thank You

Hi Sehrish,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
05ef61c0
Community Member

Hello when i try to login with my account i get warned. google account **Edited for Community Guidelines**  not recognized. 

After when i try to sign up i get warned this email is already in use. 

For to write this error i open new e-mail account and register because without login i cant reach the help&support. 

Hi there,

Could you please send me a private message and provide the email address? Please click my name to send me a private message.

~ AJ
Upwork

I send private messages yesterday. 

48870fb3
Community Member

I would like to reopen a closed account

Hi Ayomide,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to?

~ Nikola
Upwork
zaheerqwp
Community Member

I was using upwork for few years back.  Account email-id is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Now trying to login but my account is suspended. How i can get it back?

Hi Zaheer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ec70c0e5
Community Member

I need support to contact me somehow, not sure how as its very hard to find out how to mesage support directly.

Hi Campbell,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. You can check here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
hk_pankaj
Community Member

I closed my account a few months ago, I did not know I would not be able to access it again. I have opened a new account with the same email address. I had been on Upwork and established myself as a freelancer, plus had contacts I wanted to maintain. Could you please help me

Hi Pankaj,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details about your original account so that I can assist you further? Looking forward to your response. Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
59b4665a
Community Member

Hello I am triying to use my primary email " **Edited for Community Guidelines**" for my account but when I try to login it says this email doesn't have an account and it takes me to create account page and when I create an account it say that the email provided has an account and it redirect me to log in page and the process goes on and on. I remember I used the email to create an account before but I deleted the account because I wasn't ready for freelancing. So I tried to create this temporary email inorder to create the account and try to change the email to " **Edited for Community Guidelines**" but it keeps saying the provided email has an account. I need help to use my primary email for upwork account.

Hi Ibrahim,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I see that the email address is linked to the previously closed account by you. You will be unable to use this email address on your new account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Is there anyway I can still use that email in an account again whether it this account or the previous account

I mean how can I reopen the account that was linked to the email

Hi Ibrahim,

I'd like to gently remind you that having multiple accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. Please, click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the original account. I'll assist you further from there.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e725f86d
Community Member

I'd like to reopen my freelancer account. I was told to contact customer support but for some reason you guys don't have a simple contact email address so I had to sign in with my employer profile just to post something.

Hi Mulugeta,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that if you want to be a freelancer and a client at the same time, you will have to use the same account to log in to Upwork but will have separate user profiles. Having multiple accounts using different email addresses is against our Terms of Service.

If you're a client now, but would like to do work as a freelancer or agency:

1. Go to Settings  My Info.
  2. Click the Create New Account link at the bottom.
  3. Select New Freelancer Account.
  4. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency.

You can read more about this here.

As for contacting support for account-specific questions, or if you are still stuck on the automated chat, an agent from our support team can help.

To speak with a human for help using Upwork:

1. Go to the Help Center.
  2. Select “Get Support” at the bottom of your screen.
  3. Type a question or topic and select "Send". The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  4. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support."
  5. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided.

~ AJ
Upwork

I am not accessing my account after I closed it. I closed my account by
accident. How can I reopen it again????

Hi Mulugeta,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your account. Please click on my name on this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the closed account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a0527bf4
Community Member

Hello.

I also want to retrieve my previous account. Can somebody please help me? Thank you.

Hi Janine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Also, please be advised that having multiple accounts is against our Terms of Service and you would have to close the other account/s that you created.

~ AJ
Upwork
d14b497a
Community Member

My boss accidentally closed the account and now there is no way to restore the closed account. Letters in support, have not received any response for 3 days.

May be you should add some functionality to restore closed account?

https://support.upwork.com/hc/requests/35419211

Hi Iliya,

Thanks for reaching out. I'll be escalating this to the Customer Support team so they can follow up with the user. However, note that we won't be able to share the details of another user's account for security reasons.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e725f86d
Community Member

How can i restore my closed account??Please help me!!

Hi Mulugeta,

Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1874951a
Community Member

I deactivated my account but want to activate it again. When I type in my email adress in account creation I get the error saying that email is already in use and if I would like to log in, but when I press log in it says that my email is not connected.

Hi Tim,

Are you referring to an account different from the one you're reaching out from? If so, kindly click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question, I'll be glad to assist you further. As a gentle reminder, having multiple accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork TOS. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1874951a
Community Member

Hi Luiggi, thank you for responding. I'm not sure how to handle this. My name is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I am on the distribution of the "careers" email. **Edited for Community Guidelines** setup our account with Upwork. I had setup an account under my name with email **Edited for Community Guidelines** I had cancelled it once I realized we already had an account setup. My problem now is that we are no longer using the "careers" email. I should be setup as the main account holder and Tim should be setup with a different email, but only to have access to post jobs and speak with candidates. I take care of job offers and the financials. We are also new to Upwork and have a freelenacer we need to hire asap.

Hi Maria,

Arjay here stepping in for Luiggi. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. I suggest you communicate with our team through that ticket for further assistance in reinstating your account. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
2328a6f1
Community Member

Hi,

I was trying to remove my client account from the profile but both client/freelancer accounts are removed. I can't login again. Can I get my old account back?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths