🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Restoration of Upwork Agency Account
Page options
nilewadchan
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

How to restore an account closed accidently? 

Account username : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chandrakant,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

615 REPLIES 615

Hi Muhammad,

Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2328a6f1
Community Member

Hi 

Yesterday I was trying to remove client profile from my account but with that my freelancer account was also closed. Now I can't find a way to contact the support. Please help me reopen my old account.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
e7519db2
Community Member

Hi team, 

I recently closed my old account that's associated with this community but created a new account but I decided I want to use the old one instead. Can someone help me? 

Hi Willison,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket for this. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. They will reach out to you soon to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
b19b787b
Community Member

I had previously had an account and I think I closed it. But now I want to open an account using the same email. When signing up it shows the username already exists. But when trying to login i get the error 'oops username is incorrect'. any help? I am posting this using a new account.

Hi Nada,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and it seems like you were able to log in and create a support ticket for this. One of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

If the OP was able to log in the old account, should someone remove the new account created to reply here?

Hi Annie,

No, I was not able to login. I created the support ticket using a new login with a new emailid. I want to access my old account, the one created using the old email id. And I did check the support tickets list and couldn't find any. 

Hi Nada,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the closed account?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
vthdat
Community Member

Hello team,

I would like to reopen my closed account, please support me.

Thansk and Best Regards.

Hi there,

Could you please send me the email address of the account that needs restoring? You can send me a private message by clicking my name.

~ AJ
Upwork
7914ada4
Community Member

Hi, I forgot my security question answer and my account is linked with a Google account which is deleted. How I can recover my account?

Please help

Hi Chyngyz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here. Please check your email as well as a corresponding email for this ticket will be sent to you.

~ AJ
Upwork
1269b6de
Community Member

Hello , I also have the same issue. I just closed my client account and it is not allowing me to login. And the error is Oops incorrect username.

Please help me recover my freelancer account.

Regards,

Shahmir

Hi Shehryar,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
c26cb448
Community Member

Hi,

I am new to UpWork, and was updating my Profile, and created a Client Account. To undo that I thought I am closing the Client Account, Closed the account and it has closed the whole account.

What is the procedure to acctivate my Closed Account.

Hi Asif,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
daniyal_nadeem_0
Community Member

Hi.

I accidentally closed my upwork account. Can you please help me recover it?

It is registered to this email  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks.

Hi Daniyal,

Thank you for your message.

"Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account you would like to restore?

Thanks!"

Pradeep

Upwork
abdulrehman617
Community Member

Hi,

Hope you are doing well! 

I had created an upwork agency account and I wanted to change some settings so by mistake I closed it and wanted to create a new one but the option was not their, I did some research and found that we can only have one agency account related to our freelance profile. Please help me out in restoring that agency account which was related to my profile. I have also initialized a support ticket but it's been a while and no one was assigned to it. Please help me out.

Thank you,

Abdul Rehman 

Hi Abdul,

As requested, your agency profile has been restored.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

Thank you so so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

3a9f3efe
Community Member

All of a sudden I cannot login to my Client Upwork account. I had logged in several times.

When logging in now it states "Oops! Username is incorrect."  I am definitely using the correct username / email.  I then try the Upwork Reset PW and after entering my username or email states "Invalid username or email"

I have resorted to creating this temp Upwork account to seek Moderator / Upwork Stff support. 

Thank you!

Hi MrSpel,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your account. Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7c0cbbd0
Community Member

As the title says, I am trying to re-open an account I previously closed (another email). This is my second post regarding the issue. A moderator asked me to private message him the email of the account I wished to re-open but they never got back to me and I'm still unable to log into said account. Here I am again. Thanks!

Hi Jacob,

I'm sorry that you didn't hear back from us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
designologybd
Community Member

Earlier I had requested Upwork to close my agency account, but now I am interested in Re-Opening/Restoring the Account is there a way?

Note : I cannot see the Button Anymore inside Settings>Contact Info>Additional Accounts "New Agency Account", Now It only shows "New Client Account"

Thanks In Advance

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Murshida,

Your Agency has been restored as per your request.

~Andrea
Upwork
159ee5ee
Community Member

I am facing the same issue. Is there anyone who can help me with that?

Regards

Ahmed R

Hi Ahmed,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address associated with your original account so that I can assist you further? Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
159ee5ee
Community Member

Hi, I have already reached you by clicking your name but I got no response.

Ahmed R

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for your message. Apologies for the delay in responding to your message. I will follow up with Arjay and he will reach out to you as soon as possible. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, I am still awaiting your response. Where you guys will reach me? Is it in private conversations or through email, but neither method gives me any message yet.

Ahmed R

53f48e9e
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team - I am facing the same issue. I signed up using my google id for freelancer account, then I realised that it is freelancer account and I actually wanted to post some jobs, so I closed that account and then when I tried to log into the Upwork client app, I was not able to login or signup or anything with my google account. Now, I had to use apple id to login due to this mess. Please help me reinstate my google account because that the id I want to use on upwork, else it will be too much pain for me to manage the "job posts" etc. Please help. I have alredy spent like 2-3 hours on this.

Hi Vinay,

I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket with assistance on how to proceed with your request. You can check here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1f42244a
Community Member

I can't log in to my main account, so I made this account to make this post to fix my other account.

When I attempt to log in, it says that the email is invalid, when I try to sign up with the same email, it says the email is in use.

If possible I would like to restore the old account and either merge this one into it, or delete the account that I am posting this from.

Hi Brendan,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address associated with your original account so that I can assist you further? Looking forward to your response. Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7f35ace3
Community Member

my friend closed his account by mistake here is his message hope someone can help.
Welcome. I closed my account by mistake and can't log in again or create a new account with the same email. I cannot reach direct communication with the support team. All I could reach was the bot and I did not benefit from it.
thanks,

Hi Daliah,

Sorry for the late response here. Is your friend still needing assistance recovering his account? If so, he may reach out to the support team by clicking the "Get Support" button that appears on the bottom right corner of this page.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths