🐈
» Forums » Support » Restoring a closed account
Page options
nilewadchan
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

How to restore an account closed accidently? 

Account username : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chandrakant,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

615 REPLIES 615
17e5307a
Community Member

I use this account for discussing with Upwork. My primary ID is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. That ID had issues. link bellow

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

b472a7a0
Community Member

I had an old account. I deleted it and when I try to sign in with the same email, I am unable to. So I created a new account to post my query. Can someone help me on how to login with my old email as it is the primary one.

Hi there,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
cb4ec4fe
Community Member

I have already account but my old account will be suspended some reason I have 108$ availble balance . Can I reactive my old account and closed my current account.

Hi Md Zuman,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

1. I Have send you a private message please check it 
06d02ae5
Community Member

Hi last time I tried to open an upwork account, Due to somereason I did not finish the whole account creation process. Then I just deleted the account.

Now when I want to create an upwork account on that same email. I am unable to do that.

How can I create an account on the same email or reopen the old account?

Hi Strife,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you please click on my name and send me a PM with the registered email address of the account in question? 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
06d02ae5
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I sent a PM to you.

d7930ef1
Community Member

Hi,

I closed an account that I created a long time ago, and only knowing now that it is against the rules. I would to reopen that closed account have this account closed instead. Thank you.

Hi Rose,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3707de58
Community Member

I had a earlier account with email id **Edited for Community Guidelines** but somehow I am not able to login onto that account. While I try to login it tells "Incorrect Username" and if I try to create a new account with this email id, it tells this email id is already present in the database. So, I have created this new account to get this resolved to help me use previous my email id  **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Please help.

Hi Abhijeet,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3707de58
Community Member

Sure ! I did. Please check.

947be95a
Community Member

PLEASE I also need help to retrieve my account i mistakenly deleted.

name; ELOBO CHRISTELLE

947be95a
Community Member

I HAVE ABOUT US NOT CONTACT US

17e5307a
Community Member

My Gmail account was disabled. Now I can not log in to my Upwork account. Please give my Upwork account User ID to log in to my Upwork account on Upwork Website. I already sent a Support Application for my Upwork desktop app. But no reply. So, I have created this new account to get this resolved. Please help

Profile name = MD Abdullah Rawha

Disabled Gmail account = **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Rana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c457ab8c
Community Member

Hi, Can you please help me reactivate my old account? 
Thanks

Hi there,

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, Sent the message,

Thank you

Hi, can you please help me reactivate my account? I sent the message but it's been some time I wanted to confirm if you received it.
Thank you!

Hi Flo,

Arjay here stepping in for Annie Jane. I have checked your message and I can't seem to find any information about your original account. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the email associated with the account you need assistance with? Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c457ab8c
Community Member

Hi,

Sent the message. Thank you!

c4802472
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same issue with an old freelancer account that I deactivated: I wanted to create a client account inside my freelancer account to validate the process, and upwork allowed me to do so.

After some tests, I decided to delete the client account and no problem was shown in the process.

Now I can't login into upwork with my old freelancer account!

This must be a upwork bug since if I login with my email or user ID, upwork replies: "Oops! Username is incorrect."

I even tested to create a new login with my old freelancer email and upwork replied: "This email is already in use".

I tried the "Get Support" popup button which of course is uselless...

Is there any other way to get help from upwork?

By the way, I need to access my old freelancer account since I've created a new upwork account with my professional email and want to copy profile and project data to my new upwork account.

Is it possible that upwork detected my 2 accounts and blocked my old account?

It so, upwork should have sent me an email informing that...

Thanks

Hi Manuel,

~Andrea
Upwork
dac903fb
Community Member

Hi,

I have a problem with login with my old personal account.

When I try to login system says that this email is not correct but when I try to create a new account with this email, system says that this email is used.

Please help me to restore my account or delete it and give me the possibility to create new one with my email.

I had to create a second account to be able to post this which is just **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you.

Hi Tiago,

~ AJ
Upwork
1d334dd9
Community Member

I am unable to log in to Upwork with my account.

But when the login UI comes and I enter my email, it's showing - Invalid username or email.

Even in the forgotten password window, after giving the user mail still, it is showing as - Invalid username or email.

Can someone pls help me log in with the account?

Hello,

I have created this account to get you to recover my account. After inputting my email, it shows 'Invalid username or email'. Can you please help me sort this out?

'

Hi Mushfiqur,

~Andrea
Upwork

You can try "Continue with Google.". If you have your Google account connected to your UpWork account, you should be able to sign in that way. 

I have tried but not working that way!

18bce014
Community Member

Recently my google account connected to my Upwork account got removed and I cannot log in to my account. I tried contacting support but it just shows me the bot everytime and dosen't let me get into contact with upwork directly. I need this account back as soon as possible because I have clients waiting for my work to be sent to them. 

Hi Oskar,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
b473728f
Community Member

I have lost my mail address. How could I reach Upwork to change to a new one?

Hi Per,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account and email address you are referring to?

~ Nikola
Upwork
b473728f
Community Member

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I have lost my G-mail password and
therefore I can not reach my Upwork account **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I
believe it is about 50 USD in the account, but most of all it worries me
that new clients not can contact me and see my profile and what earlier
clients have said about my work. I also had an ongoing work for "Tommy"
from the Netherlands that I not can finish now. /Per Svensson

Hi Per,

Arjay here stepping in for Nikola. I'll have one of the team members assist you with your concern via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and communicate with the team on this page once your account is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hi everyone,
Today I've closed my account, could you please restore it?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths