🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: My Upwork user name is in correct
Page options
nilewadchan
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

How to restore an account closed accidently? 

Account username : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chandrakant,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

615 REPLIES 615

Hi ALeksandar,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
476bd494
Community Member

Hello, 

Is it possible to recover an account that I closed about a month ago? I'd like to have it back because it has my reviews and amount earned. I would really appreciate any help with this!! 

Hi Nikki,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your message and assist you accordingly. 

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
476bd494
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I just sent you a PM. Thank you so much for your response!

f625a95d
Community Member

I think you should never delete your account better yet just leave it on pause. you should be fine to just leave as is.

108f837b
Community Member

I have some problem in login in to my upwork account. My old account was linked to **Edited for Community Guidelines**

However, when I tried to login, it didn't work. Please help!

Hi Mohomed,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
108f837b
Community Member

Ok Sure.

c1fd4cad
Community Member

So i made an account, that i later deleted. Now when i try to sign up with that email it says that there is already an account with this email. But when I log in using that email, it says that there is no such account. Can someone please help?

Hi Denis,

~Andrea
Upwork
6afc4571
Community Member

I'm trying to login to my upwork accout after a while and the login forms states "Oops! Username is incorrect.". I made this new account just to post my question here and look out for help gaining access back to my account. Can somebody help me?

Hi Fady,

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks Annie for your reply, i sent you a message with full details, but the message not appearing on messages list, so please confirm that you received my PM.

Thanks 

Fady Fikry 

e2043562
Community Member

"Google account a...5@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

I have closed the account few weeks vback and i want to reactivate it.please help. i'm not able to login using my gmail id

Hi Ansuman,

~ AJ
Upwork
chetanjt
Community Member

By mistake i had deleted my agency account, i need help to reopen my account.

chetanjt
Community Member

please help to reopen my aacount

Hi Chetan,

Thank you for reaching out. I noticed that you were able to sign in to this account a few hours ago. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
4b04f83f
Community Member

Hi,

I accidently deleted my account, but when i tried to sign up toa new account  i've got a message telling me that "my e-mail it's been already in use". I've made a new account with a different e-mail, but i want to use the past one.

Thank you,

Dimitra

Hi Dimitra,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
306f8d20
Community Member

Please restore the account i closed it accidentally. Thank you

Hi Warda,

Please note that users are only allowed to have one account and having multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the account you want to restore? The email address will be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
306f8d20
Community Member

I don't have any other option to contact upwork rather signing from other id and make the issue resolve. Once issue is resolve, I'll delete account with new sign in. 

Hi Warda,

I certainly understand and we appreciate you reaching out to us. I did receive your PM and It looks like you were also able to raise a ticket with the same concern. Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. Please expect an update on the ticket here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
306f8d20
Community Member

Whenever i opened up the ticket page it says to enter credentials. I entered, and it keeps saying me to enter. Even though, i entered the correct one. Help me please

Hi Warda,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the challenges while trying to access your support ticket. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I couldn't login after cleaning the browser cache too

Hi Warda,

If you're looking to reply to an existing support ticket, you can do so from the notification sent to your email address.

~Andrea
Upwork
98b54cf0
Community Member

Hello, I'm unable to create a new account with my email because it says the email is already in use (An account I had previously used then closed). Would it be possible for me to re-open the previously closed account? I'm currently using a throw-away that I'll close once my old account is restored. Would love some help on this, thanks!

Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account you're referring to? I'll be happy to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9a82147e
Community Member

I created an Upwork account yesterday but when I tried using my business email address, I received the “This email is already in use” error message so I used my personal address.  I have never had an Upwork account so I am not sure how this is possible.  I figured I would try to log in using my business email that it says is already used and I receive the “Oops! Username is incorrect” error message.  I have tried changing my email address from my personal to my business and again, I get the same the “This email is already in use” error message.

Can someone please help?

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jolee_huang
Community Member

Hello Upwork community, 

I came across a problem when trying to change my current E-mail address, since it does not work anymore. But a prompt keeps saying' This email is already in use'. So I could not get my E-mail address changed.  

Could anyone please help me solve this problem?  

Thanks in advance!

Hi ZHAOLI,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you, Nikola! solved!

Community Member

Hello, Nikola

I've sent you a private message with my deleted profile details that I want to recover.
Thank you for your great efforts.

Best regards.

Bilal

docana
Community Member

Hi,

I need help in reopening my closed account please

Hi Jeramie,

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the account you need assistance with? The email address would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
docana
Community Member

already sent a message

Hi Jeramie,

I did receive your message and we appreciate you sharing this information. I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team for review and one of the members will be assisting you further. You can expect an update on the email associated with the account you need assistance with once your case is fully reviewed. You can also expect an update on this page with the support ticket.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths