🐈
» Forums » Support » How Do I Reopen Closed Account
Page options
73e482dc
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

in attempt to close my client account and keep the freelancer side of it, i closed my whole account! and i don't have a clue about how to get it back so please help me, thanks in advance.

PS: I'm using this fake account just to access this chat box.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi TK,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

657 REPLIES 657
759e32fa

Hi TK,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie! My Upwork account is closed, I sent an appeal and its now four days without any feedback. I have to use this fake account to access the community. Pls I need fast solution. The closed account Email address is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Musa,

I followed up with the relevant team and can confirm they followed up with you via a support ticket. Kindly refer to your ticket for more information. 

As a reminder, please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi

A friend of mine mistakenly closed his Upwork account. I am sending this message on his behalf because he can't seem to contact Upwork directly. 

Please help

Hi Mojisola,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hey Annie!

I used my account years ago and stoped using, now I want to use again, try to login and receive a message that my account was closed, and I don't know why.

I tryed to make contact with support but more than two week and nobody helped me.

Hey Annie!

I used my account years ago and stoped using, now I want to use again, try to login and receive a message that my account was closed, and I don't know why.

I tryed to make contact with support but more than two week and nobody helped me.

Hi Smart,

Could you please share more details via PM? You can send me a message by clicking on my name then on "Send a message."

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

I cannot send you a message. When I click on your name does not show me a option "Send a message" or nothing like that on your profile.

Hi there, 

Thank you for following up and letting us know. Could you please try again? You should be able to see an option to send a PM now. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
abd05c93
Community Member

Hello, I tried to create an account as a freelancer looking for work. However it says my email address (let's call it email A) is already in use. Perhaps I created an account years ago and don't remember - I tried using the 'forgot password' but then it says 'invalid username or email'. So I created an account with email B but would like to use email A for my Upwork account. Any suggestions? Can someone please contact me for a solution?

I am writing to seek assistance with accessing my freelancer account on Upwork. I have been an active user of Upwork for a considerable duration, using my freelancer account to engage in various projects. In addition to my freelancer account, I had a client account associated with the same profile. However, today, I made the decision to delete the client account, and I now find myself encountering difficulty accessing my freelancer account. Despite multiple attempts to log in, I am unable to access my freelancer account and continue with my ongoing projects. This unexpected issue is causing disruption to my work and commitments, and I am seeking your support to resolve this matter as soon as possible. I kindly request your assistance in helping me regain access to my freelancer account. It is crucial for me to resume my work and maintain the positive relationships I have established with clients on the platform. If any additional information or verification is required to confirm my identity and resolve this issue, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Hi Wisdom,

Can you please click on my name and send me a private message with the email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello annie, I accidentally closed my account because i didnt know how to change drom agency to cliente.

Could someone help me recover my account please?

Regards and thank you! 

hi! please someone can help! 

Can you please kindly reopen my other account?

I can share the other account gmail if you need!

help me please

cmp123
Community Member

Hi,

I want to reopent my upwork account but no one get back to me?

agnesbk
Community Member

This is the message I'm getting "Thank you for reaching out to us. At this time, your account doesn't meet the eligibility requirements for Agent-based Support." Any other advice?

Hey Upwork Team. So my other account has been closed without any explenation. I want to know why it is being closed i passed all from the ID to the Video Call. I have an open contract with that account i want to know what is happening because i am losing my job. If the account can't be taken back at least please let me take my founds that i have been working for a while now. It maked no sense this thing. Without any explenation the account is being closed.

Hi Florijan,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the email address associated with the account you need assistance with? I'll look into that and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Annie, can you support me to reopen my freelancer account, please?

After I had ended my contract with my company (an Upwork agency account), they asked me to delete my freelancer account, and I had to do it. I have used my company email to create that account and now I don't have access to the email anymore. After that, I realized that I could not create a new freelancer account because it was a violation of the Upwork Terms & Service. So basically, I have lost all the access.

Hope I can get some help from Upwork to reopen my account soon because I really need it to find new jobs.

Hi Huy,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address so that I can check your previous account? 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I have sent you a private message with the registered email address of my deleted account. But after I click the "Send Message" button, it opens the Private Messages page with no message. I have tried to send you a private message two times. Can you check if you received it, please?

Thank you so much for your help.

Hi Upwork team,

After I had ended my contract with my company (an Upwork agency account), they asked me to delete my freelancer account. I have used my company email to create that account and now I don't have access to that email anymore. After I closed it, I realized that I could not create a new freelancer account because it was a violation of the Upwork Terms & Service. Besides that, I also lost the password to my closed freelancer account.

PS: I'm using this fake account (client account) just to ask for help.

By the way, I have tried to send private messages with the registered email address of my closed account to a moderator. But after I click the "Send Message" button, it opens the Private Messages page with no message. Not sure if he received my messages or not. Maybe there are some restrictions with the private message feature?

Hi Huy,

I see that you were able to send Pradeep a private message regarding this. I'll be sending you a private message with more information. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f59a9740
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,

I have sent you private messages with more information.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Pradeep,

Could you check your Private Messages if you see my messages, please? I tried to send you private messages but it just shows as empty in my list.

Thanks for your help

No matter which options I choose, despite the fact that none of the options are relevant to my specific issue, I never get an additional option to contact support. It's literally as if this platform has gone out of their way to ensure that good customers can't get a hold of anybody whatsoever. It's really frustrating.

my account was frozen, or paused at an administrative level due to a payment issue. When I read the instructions, it says to replace the payment method and pay any outstanding invoices to fix the problem and reinstate the account however after adding a new credit card, which went through successfully there was no balance for me to pay off, and therefore it does not seem that my account is reactivating. I can't imagine why I'm not able to directly contact customer service for an account issue that directly involves backend administration, such as limiting accounts. I do not see anything in the help forum about the issue of having to pay a balance that doesn't exist.

Hi Neil,

I'm sorry to learn about the status of your account and the inconvenience of contacting our support team for assistance. I've converted your posts into a support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. One member will contact you on this page with more information and further assistance in resolving the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork

On chat with Upwork, ai chatting with me and I can't get solution from ai so how to chat with real person to solve my problem 

8332ca4a
Community Member

Good day everyone

my account has been suspended almost 2 months ago. Still trying to recover it, writing many emails and trying hard but noone is even listening to what I write.

how is possible to recover my account?
I hope every single day that i will receive a emails with information WHY i have been suspended but still nothing. feeling frustrated..

May any admin here try to assist me with the issue?
I can send information in DM

Thank you in advance!

Hi there,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to?

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8332ca4a
Community Member

Yes, but once you are suspended you are not able to post in the forum or raise the ticket to support.
That is why all suspended people need to create another account just to post!

DM sent.

Any assistance, if possible?

Thank you!

9c8f95cc
Community Member

Good morning! Does anyone have any suggestions for reopening a closed account? I deactivated my account due to being ill but I didn't realize it would completely close it. Any help is appreciated. 

Hi there,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cafe68f3
Community Member

Hi,

I have recently closed my old account and now I have plan to use my old account to start working. I have opened this new account because there was no other way to communicate with the support. Can I get some help on this? Thank you in advance.

Hi Putri,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding reopening your account. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths