🐈
» Forums » Support » How Do I Reopen Closed Account
Page options
73e482dc
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

in attempt to close my client account and keep the freelancer side of it, i closed my whole account! and i don't have a clue about how to get it back so please help me, thanks in advance.

PS: I'm using this fake account just to access this chat box.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi TK,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

657 REPLIES 657

Hi Ahmed,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
6074a6d3
Community Member

Hello,

For some reason I am unable to sign up with my personal gmail address - it says that the address is already registered. 

But when I try to sign in with that address, it says the email is not recognized, so I end up in a loop 😕

I had to create a freelance account by using my work email address just to contact the support.

Please help me create an account for my personal email address **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks,

Peter

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Peter,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
78e5b583
Community Member

Hello! I accidently deleted my account, please kindly help me out to restore it back. Any moderator who could help ? Thanks.

Hi Yevgeniy,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
78e5b583
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

Unfortutely, nobody helped me with my ticket even afret 45 hours. Could you please help me ? I don't know how to send you a PM. Thanks,

78e5b583
Community Member

Hello kind people,

Unfortunetly my ticket request still didn't have the resolution. Could anybody from moderators help to me ? I need to start working from Monday with this account.

Hi Yevgeniy,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork
e264ccd0
Community Member

Hello ,i have lost my gmail account and phone number.Now i don't have access to my upwork account since last two years as I don't know Id and password.I made this account to resolve my issue. KINDLY help me to recover my account.Thanks

Hi Kousar,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

Thankyou Annie for replying.

My email address was **Edited for Community Guidelines** and i made upwork account in 2021.But i deleted my gmail account after which i lost access to upwork account.I can share my bank account detail as well.Thankyou

Kousar P wrote:

Thankyou Annie for replying.

My email address was **Edited for Community Guidelines**and i made upwork account in 2021.But i deleted my gmail account after which i lost access to upwork account.I can share my bank account detail as well.Thankyou

I am unable to send you private message 

Hi Kousar,

Thank you for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
e264ccd0
Community Member

Thank you Nikola.I have sent my personal details through email to upwork support but my message is not delivered.please help me in reopening my account.I have all the details and answers of private questions, so please help me

5d1eb4a0
Community Member

Hi, I signed up using Google sign in a couple months ago, and kind of left it without doing anything with it. When I logged in again and I pressed "close account" thinking that it'd "delete" the account so that I can use apple sign in. Now I need my phone number verified for the new account, but can't log back in with the Google sign-in to do anything about it either.

How should I go about this?

Hi Alvin,

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

I've looked around your profile after clicking your name but couldn't find a place to send a private message 😞

Hi Alvin,

Thank you for your response. Arjay here stepping in for Annie. You should now have the option to send a PM to us Moderators. Could you please try sending us more information about the account you need assistance with? the email address associated with it would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e264ccd0
Community Member

Arjay ,i am unable to  send private message.Kindly help me in reopening my account ,I can provide my all personal details related to account.

0a83df40
Community Member

I deleted my account a year back and I didn't know that I can't make a new account with the same email later on. 

from what I have searched, the only thing I have figured out is to ask the support team how to recover the original account that I deleted. 

can you help me with what I can do about this issue? 

Fareeza,

A deleted account is gone. Use another email if needed. Click the Support button to confirm in case the rules have changed. Have a great day!

Hi Fareeza,

~Andrea
Upwork
0a83df40
Community Member

Hi Andrea

I tried sending you a PM but was not able to. Whenever I click on your name the page that opens says "This profile is no longer available". What should I do 

Hi Fareeza,

Arjay here stepping in for Andrea. You should now have the option to send a PM to Moderators with the required information. However, It looks like you've already raised a support ticket about your concern. Please note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. You may access your tickets and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ab6d512d
Community Member

Hi,

you should contact technical support, answer the recovery question, and reset your password. Then, all is clear. 

77ef4d17
Community Member

Hi Valerie!

I am facing the same problem. it was created 2015 and I didn't use it for a while! That is my primary email address. Can you please help me to get back my original account!

Please kind enough to find the attachment and do the needful.

Thanks in advance 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Glyneethan,

Your original account has been restored as per your request. 

~Andrea
Upwork
1b7c6f9a
Community Member

Good day - 
I created my account in 2019 and it seems to have gone dormant. I can no longer reset the password or create a new account with that email. I made this temporary account to get access to the forum. Is there a moderator or team member who could assist me? 
Thanks in advance. 

Hi there,

~ AJ
Upwork
545a260c
Community Member

Hello, I am also having this issue with my acc. I created this acc rn to try recover my main acc. Please help me, when I log in or sign up it always says "Google account g...@gmail.com is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork" and I don't know what to do. It also says acc already in use but I really can't login on that acc or gmail.

-Japheth

Hi Japheth,

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello, I check your name above. But when I visit your profile it says "This profile is no longer available.". I don't know why this is happening.

-Japheth

Hi Japheth,

You don't need to view my profile. Just click on my name and click on "send a message."

759e32fa_0-1679223553422.png

~ AJ
Upwork
3d7fb748
Community Member

There should really be a better way to do this. I had to create a whole new account (which I will delete as soon as this is resolved), just to somehow contact a person on this site! I have seen others have had the same issue.

Somehow my account was logged out of the app, and I can't log back in on a computer either. When I try to reset password, it says I need to verify my identity through the app, but to do that I have to be logged into the app, but if I could login to the app I wouldn't need a new password! There's a form I'm trying to fill out for "security" but I can't even submit it because it's asking for info I don't have. I never used a credit card on this site or a paypal account. I don't understand why those are "required" when I'm sure they don't apply to many upwork freelancers. 

Anyway I can see that someone has sent me a message about a job but I can't get into my account to check. I used a slight variation of my name for this second account and a different email because I wasn't sure how else to contact anyone (since you have to be logged in to contact support?). I can't figure out how to "create a ticket," I think I filed some complaint with the chatbot but I have no idea where it went because it's not a real person. Can someone help me? 

Hi Rose,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
a7d0949f
Community Member

A payment method didn't go through, and my account got suspended.  I want to contact an Upwork agent to reactivate my account because I have paid my debt. Thank you.

Hello Roberto,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Send messages to the Upwork contact or Support.

Mainul Islam
1b4e5d57
Community Member

Hello, I know this thread is old but I currently have the same problem. Can anyone assist me in retrieving my primary email's upwork account?

64034c36
Community Member

Hi! 

My previous account is suspended and I would like to restore it - I have a bunch of experience with it and it would be sad to lose it. 
I couldn't reach out the Support - it redirected me to a Job search constantly and now it has a 500 Error, and to write on the Forum because of the suspension, so I decided to create a new profile to reach some help and advice on it.

Here is my old one

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~010cf146b87b1ff21f

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths