🐈
» Forums » Support » How Do I Reopen Closed Account
Page options
nilewadchan
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

How to restore an account closed accidently? 

Account username : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chandrakant,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

615 REPLIES 615
mr1996
Community Member

contact support

c4705461
Community Member

Hello, I have an Upwork profile that I created a long time ago.

"Error! Username is incorrect." I get this error when I want to login to my profile. My e-mail address is correct, it belongs to my personal Upwork account, but I could not reach my Upwork account.

When I researched this error, I saw that the only solution was to open a thread in the Upwork Forum. I created a "new Upwork account" to report this issue to you.

Can you help me recover my Upwork account?

My Upwork account I need your help with, E-mail address: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

When my account registered to**Edited for Community Guidelines** e-mail address is reactivated, I will no longer use the Upwork account I just created.

Hi Kagan,

I'm sorry to hear tar you're having problems logging in. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for your feedback I think you need to request reset new password.
70c658ec
Community Member

My main upwork account is with another email. I am not able to login using that email. I couldn't contact support without login as well. So I had to create this new account using another email just to reach you guys.

Please reply me to this message and I will share the main upwork account email address. Then if you can reset the Google Sign-In, and I can login using username/email and password and then relogin with the google sign-in.

Waiting for your reply.

Hi Dibakar,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork
9b4fd73d
Community Member

Hi,

I have come across a problem, I made a new account but I had to close it because I had to choose freelancer, but chose client. I closed it and now i can't make a new account with the same mail. Also I can't log in to my account. I had to make a saperate account purely to post this with my private mail. The mail that has to be fixed is:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I hope someone can help me.

Hi Kerem,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
446f6f86
Community Member

I have the same issue when I try logging back in to the closed account with that email it says my username/email is incorrect.

Hi Gage,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
1d02bd01
Community Member

 Pls help, i want to edit my profile so i can start to find freelance work. I tried to log in but i forgot password so i 'Forgot password' and changed pass using email. Now im trying to log in but it shows this.

my mail Upwork email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Atasha,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
e187ba07
Community Member

Hello,

I am writing this mail from my friend's account because I couldn't contact you other ways. (I send a mail to "help@upwork.com" but nobody replies.

I am a freelancer and i had an account past years and now i closed it. But when I want to sign up with same email address i have some issues. Please update your database and delete my email address so i could sign up again. 

Can you contact urgently for this issue via this email?

Hello there,

Please know that sharing an account is against ToS. You would be able to contact support without having to log in.

I already shared your concern with our team. One of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
79befa96
Community Member

hi, 

i cannot reach my account as it no longer active or deleted, is there any way to restore it back?

Account Info
Username: mohamed_s_h
Email:

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths