🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Some technical issue during leaving the a...
Page options
bf6d209b
Community Member

How can i delete or close my Agency account?

I want to remove the agency from my account but I'm getting errors while I'm closing the agency account,

I have active contracts in my freelancer account, I don't have any contracts in the Agency account  but the error says I need to close contracts, 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Mohit,

If you'd like to close your Agency, first make sure you withdraw any active proposals on your Proposals page, complete and close any active contracts, remove all members, and don't have any available or pending balances. Then you can close your account by visiting this page. For more information and detailed steps, please visit this help article.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

110 REPLIES 110
AndreaG

Hi Mohit,

If you'd like to close your Agency, first make sure you withdraw any active proposals on your Proposals page, complete and close any active contracts, remove all members, and don't have any available or pending balances. Then you can close your account by visiting this page. For more information and detailed steps, please visit this help article.

~Andrea
Upwork
08ff7ae2
Community Member

hi Andrea,

i have try by visiting the link you have use this page but its show my profile to close account but i want to del my agency kindly let me know when you saw this message so i have some idea how to delete my account.

Hi Junaid,

Arjay here stepping in for Andrea. I see that you've contacted our support team and raised a ticket about your concern. Please allow our team 24-48 hours, and you will get an update on your ticket here once your case is thoroughly reviewed. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
vedatshen
Community Member

Hi, I too cannot close my agency account. Please can you close my agency account.

micaelaquuiizon
Community Member

hello I'm facing the same issue also, can anyone help me close my agency?

Hi Micaela,

've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
be02c4f2
Community Member

I also am facing the sam issue

Hi Hammad,

I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
zakariael123
Community Member

Hello,

I don' t know why support don't answer for requests in email and chat.

I have a problem, i want to close my agency account because i can't use my connects on the individual account.

Is the issue of connects really related to the agency problem or something else. 

Hi El Attar,

We appreciate you reaching out and our sincere apologies if our Support Team weren't able to get back to you sooner. I have checked your account and it looks like there are support tickets already created with your concern. I highly suggest you continue communicating with our team through those tickets for updates and further assistance. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
farzanahmed10
Community Member

Hello, i'm trying to close my agency account but it gives me error whenever i click on close my agency.

Hi Farzan, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please share the error message that you're getting? If you could also possibly show a screenshot so we can properly assist you in closing your agency, that would be great.

~ AJ
Upwork
ae4805a0
Community Member

Please help me to close my agency I cant even apply for jobs. It's always asking me to upgrade my membership. I badly need help. I need to close it

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further in closing your agency. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
umer2112
Community Member

Hello,  I'm Trying to Delete/Close my Agency Permanently but I get this message. 

Please delete my Agency "PrimeBid Estimation" Account

umer2112_0-1653224947659.png

Hi Umer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can confirm that the agency has been closed. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks

yash5862
Community Member

I have closed all the contracts and proposals and trying to hit the close contract button. but, after clicking the confirm button, it started loading and it is running infinitely as shown below. 

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 12.46.12 PM.png

Hi Yash,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a8defcad
Community Member

Hi, im trying to sumbit a proposal but when i do it the page automatically send me to the membership plans and obligate me to pay 20 USD.

I want the free plan, can you help me please?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Facundo, 

It sounds like you're trying to send out proposals through your agency account. Take note that you will need to upgrade your membership plan to Agency Plus to purchase Connects (reduced rate of $0.15 (USD) each) and start sending out proposals as an agency. Otherwise, you can send out proposals as a freelancer. You may read more about the Agency Plus plan here.

~ Avery
Upwork
a8defcad
Community Member

Hi!

thanks for your answer, but i am trying to send a proposal using my freelancer account. I dont know why the system interprate that iam sending with de agency account, also i try to delete that account and dont permite me.

Can you help me please?

Hi Facundo,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
saif552
Community Member

Im Getting this on the closing agency not sure what this. Is anyone here to help with it?

saif552_0-1654791100573.png

Hi Saifullah,

Could you please confirm if you're looking to leave the Agency or close it? It looks like you're the owner so, if you're looking to leave, you'll also need to transfer ownership.

~Andrea
Upwork
saif552
Community Member

Hi Andrea, I want to close the agnecy. 

Hi Saifullah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
01864c7f
Community Member

i got this error when tring to close my agency  and i talk with the support from 3 days ago and no one responded me

Exception occurred Failed to parse ODS response:

i got this error when tring to close my agency  and i talk with the support from 3 days ago and no one responded me

Exception occurred Failed to parse ODS response: '{"request":"GET \/ods\/offer\/list_contractor\/32107884\/20.json","error":null,"error_code":0,"warning":null,"start_time":1656844677988,"elapsed":0,"no_cache":false,"result":{"data":{"0":

Hi Omar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
farzanahmed10
Community Member

Hello .. i want to close my agency account its closing from setting.
Getting some route not found error

Hi Farzan,

I have checked your account and I can't seem to replicate the issue. Can you please try clearing your cache and cookies or try to use a different browser? Please make sure you withdraw any active proposals on your Proposals page, complete and close any active contracts, remove all members, and don't have any available or pending balances. Then you can close your account by visiting this page. For more information and detailed steps, please visit this help article. Let me know if the issue persists and I'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
farzanahmed10
Community Member

I'm still getting this issue

Capture.PNG

Hi Farzan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
dangol_dipen
Community Member

Hi, can anyone help me to close my agency? I am trying to close it from agency settings but it keeps saying"Exception occurred Failed to parse ODS response". I cannot confirm. Can anyone guide me?

Thank you

Hi Sohit,

Thank you for your message. Your agency account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
0757de60
Community Member

Hello, 

When I tried to close the agency profile from my account I am unable to process my request and getting :

"Close all open proposals associated with the company"

Hi Swati,

I'm sorry for the late response. When closing an agency account, you would have first close all open proposals associated with the agency in Find Work  Proposals.

I can see that you have submitted hundreds of proposals that were sent two months ago so I requested assistance from our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
geomercader92
Community Member

I keep getting this error below. And a few clients nearly didn't push through with the hire because they didn't want to work with someone connected to an agency.

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 3.53.10 AM.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths