🐈
» Forums » Support » How can i delete or close my Agency account?
Page options
bf6d209b
Community Member

How can i delete or close my Agency account?

I want to remove the agency from my account but I'm getting errors while I'm closing the agency account,

I have active contracts in my freelancer account, I don't have any contracts in the Agency account  but the error says I need to close contracts, 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Mohit,

If you'd like to close your Agency, first make sure you withdraw any active proposals on your Proposals page, complete and close any active contracts, remove all members, and don't have any available or pending balances. Then you can close your account by visiting this page. For more information and detailed steps, please visit this help article.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

112 REPLIES 112

Hi Swati,

I'm sorry for the late response. When closing an agency account, you would have first close all open proposals associated with the agency in Find Work  Proposals.

I can see that you have submitted hundreds of proposals that were sent two months ago so I requested assistance from our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
geomercader92
Community Member

I keep getting this error below. And a few clients nearly didn't push through with the hire because they didn't want to work with someone connected to an agency.

Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 3.53.10 AM.png

Hi Geo,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble closing your agency. I can confirm that your agency profile is now closed. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
vishalp2611
Community Member

Hello, 

Im trying to close my agency but i get this message. 

Hi Vishal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
pavelpav
Community Member

I opened an agency few days back. But now I want to close my agency. For some unknown reason I cannot close it.

Please someone help me closing it.

Hi Ragib,

Your Agency has been closed as per your request.

~Andrea
Upwork
fediaiev-r
Community Member

Hello.

I opened an agency in my account, but I want to close it.

When I try to do this, it gives me an error.

Could you please help with this?

Error when trying to close:

"Exception occurred ORPC service error: level=ERROR hostname=8f1def4c1134 errcode=Error::App::CUSTOM_ERROR value=1 text=Company has active candidacies on its behalf file=/o/appserver/orpc/Engage.pm line=7391"

But I don't have any active job requests.

2.png

1.png

Hi Fediaiev,

Thank you for your message. Your agency account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
rahuljoshi1
Community Member

I want to close my Agency, but due to some technical issue, I am not able to close the same. 

The screenshot is attached.

upwork.JPG

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for your message. Your agency account has been closed as requested by you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
namanvcool
Community Member

When I go to the settings page and try to close the agency profile it tells me that there are active proposals with agency. I am using my Individual profile only for right now and would like to close my agency as the proposals are going through my freelancer profile only. Please help!

Hi Naman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

I have an agency account but I'm looking to close it. I currently have many connections on it. Would it be possible to get those connections refunded when I close the agency account? Or maybe transfer the credits to a different freelancer account?

Hi Anibal,

Thank you for your message. I have escalated your request to the relevant team and one of the members will be in touch via a support ticket. Kindly expect an update on this page once your account has been reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
albionbame
Community Member

I want to remove the agency from my account but I'm getting errors while I'm closing the agency account,

I have active contracts in my freelancer account, I don't have any contracts in the Agency account but I get an error as below and it says that I have active contracts I assume. 

Exception occurred Failed to parse ODS response: '{"request":"GET \/ods\/offer\/list_contractor\/23265819\/20.json","error":null,"error_code":0,"warning":null,"start_time":1662218573283,"elapsed":1,"no_cache":false,"result":{"data":{"0":

Can you also close my client account since that one also complains that I have active contracts but I don't have any in that account, only on my freelance account?

Is there any reason that the freelance contracts are checked on a client or agency account when trying to close those accounts? 

Hi Albion,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble closing your agency. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you Luiggi, can you also close my client account since we're at it? I'm not able to close that as well since it says I have opened contracts when I don't have any, at least not on my client account.

Thank you

Hi Albion,

Since you already have a ticket with the Customer Support team, you can notify them of this and they will assist you further. Note that they respond to tickets in the order they are received, so it could take 24-48 hours for them to follow up with you. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
designarklab
Community Member

Getting errors as I proceed for close agency

Hi Adil,

Can you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser? Let us know if the issue persists and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9794659d
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm trying to close the Agency related to my profile and I keep getting the message:

• Close all open proposals associated with the company

1. I don't have any proposals and/or any active contracts associated.

2. I don't have any members associated, except the owner, who is me.

3. And don't have any available or pending balances.

Please help resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Hi Shahzad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
h_nauman_shakoor
Community Member

Hello Sir.

I hope you are doing great.

I created an agency account on Upwork but due to several issues, I want to close my agency account. When I can try to close it here it shows an error and even though my membership plan is Non-Exclusive but still facing this error.

The error screenshot is attached here. Please fix this issue. 

Regards

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Hafiz,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
vinnitsky
Community Member

I have closed all the active contracts, and proposals and don't have upcoming payments, but I can't close the agency profile. I see this message: 

Close all open proposals associated with the company

Hello Dmitriy,

Thank you for reaching out. In order to close your agency, please withdraw your active proposals from your agency profile. To do this, please go to Find Work > Proposals > click on the active proposals and withdraw them.

~ AJ
Upwork

Screenshot at Nov 16 15-53-06.png

Hello Annie. Thanks for your reply, I don't have any.

Hi Dmitriy,

Thank you for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
disoni
Community Member

I want to close my agency account for now, but it shows an error can anyone help me close it? I already have non-exclusive

Hi Behar,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
disoni
Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you very much!

umairiqbal42
Community Member

Thanks

Hi Umair,

Your agency profile has been closed as per your request.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ArjayM

Hi Ken,

I have checked and can confirm that you don't have any active proposals on your Proposals page, completed and closed contracts, remove all members, and don't have any available or pending balances so this should not be the case. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ketan_harsoda
Community Member

Hi!, Could you please archive my agency from my account? I will re-enable it in the future when I want to re-activate it.

I did create a ticket on Mon, Jan 9, 6:37 PM but no one replied to me on that ticket. Before some time ago I can chat with a live agent who could do it quickly but nowadays Upwork boat is not allowed me to contact the live agent to talk so I have to wait for the answer to that ticket. this is very sad that we have to wait 2-3 days for our issue. 
Thank you! 🙂

Hi Ketankumar,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Also, the support team attends to the tickets in the order that they were received. Rest assured the team addresses every concern and question in the ticket as soon as they can.

In your case, it looks like your request has already been fulfilled. Don't hesitate to update your ticket if you have further questions.

~ AJ
Upwork
mdsahid
Community Member

Hello there, 

I have close all proposals associated with the agency but I can't see any delete button on the agency option. 

Can you please help me to remove/delete that agency from my profile?

Thanks, 

Sahid

Hi Sahid,

Thank you for your message. I see that your agency account is already closed now.

Thank you,

Upwork
51cf9528
Community Member

I am attempting to shut down my agency and need to close all active proposals. However, there is one proposal that I am unable to close because I have been removed from it. Despite this, the proposal still appears on my screen. The message "The invitation you are looking for has been removed". I would appreciate any assistance in closing this proposal and agency.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths