b7a6f146
Community Member

How to Delete Account

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arya, 

If you'd like to close your account, first make sure you withdraw any active proposals on your Proposals page

complete and close any active contracts and don't have any available or pending balance.Then you can close your account by visiting this page. For more information and detailed steps, please visit this help article.

As a gentle reminder, please know that you will not be allowed to create a new account. If you need to use your Upwork account again in the future, you can reach out to us through our different support channels, and we will assist you with reinstating your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

505 REPLIES 505
16bd871d
Community Member

I have followed all the instructions to close account down but still don't see the option to close account. Please can someone help. I've found the platform difficult to use and don't intend to use it going forwards 

Hi Anita, 

Thank you for reaching out. Your account has been closed as per your request.

~ AJ
Upwork
986ffe93
Community Member

Hi,

I want to close my account.

Thank you.

Hi Sangam,

Thank you for reaching out. Your account has been closed as per your request.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, I want to close my this account but upwork said we are unable to close your account right now. Please call us now at .........

But  i am from Pakistan and i cannot call. What should i do then? Help me plz. You can check the screen shot of my issue in attachment below. Thanks

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Muhammad Umair,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hey thanks for your support but now i have changed my mind so now i don't want to close my account. What should i do now?

Hi Muhammad,

You can update the support ticket and let the team know that you want to keep your account.

~ AJ
Upwork

How i can do that? help me plz

6bd863b3
Community Member

I'm getting weird messages to contact support and have been unable to close my account. Getting this message- "At this time we are unable to close your account. Please call our concierge team at **Edited for Community Guidelines**, select option 3, and we will help you close your account."

Hi Asad,

I'm sorry to learn that you wish to close/delete your account but we totally respect your decision. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
shahriarjp
Community Member

Because of the recent frustrating issues with upwork chargeback system, I decided to leave upwork permanently. I tried to delete my account by visiting the setting section, but they showed me that my account could not be deleted.

I send emails multiple time to upwork support to tell me how to delete my account in this situation and asked them to remove my account. But they never replied me with a solution. Everytime I emailed them, I got a computer generated answer that I would get a reply within 24 hours. But i did not receive anything.

One of the condition for deleting upwork accouny is that I should not have any pending or available earning im upwork. But I have some available and pending earnings amd I cant withdraw them since upwork posed restriction on my withdrawals.

Can anyone tell me how can I delete my account in this situation?

You don't need to delete your account.

Just stop using Upwork if you don't want to use it.

I want to delete all of my information Sir

re: "I want to delete all of my information"

Upwork is not going to delete all of your information.

Upwork offers users an opportunity to "close" their accounts.

Upwork does not "delete" anybody's account. It doesn't delete anybody's information.

Which is exactly the same as almost every website.

Upwork is being HONEST with its users when it provides an option to close (rather than delete) an acount.

Some sites will use the word "delete," but they don't delete anything. They just hide the information.

Thank you so much for the clarification. However, can you please tell me how can I close my upwork account under the above stated condition? 

Hi Shahriar,

I'm sorry to hear that you wish to close/delete your account. However, I can see that you've communicated with the team about your concern and a couple of support tickets have been created as well. I've submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and one of the members will be assisting you further on this page momentarily. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thank you so much and I hope upwork will give me a solution to the issue.

Hello Arjay,

How long I will have to wait until I get a response from the support team? I have not received any response from them.

Hi Shahriar,

We sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. Rest assured that your request/concern has been escalated to the appropriate team for further review. They will surely update your ticket once your case is fully reviewed. We truly appreciate your continued patience.

~ Arjay
Upwork
86db3d07
Community Member

IMG-20230222-WA0036.jpg

Hi Reyhan Zevcan,

Thank you for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you wish to delete your account. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
44486c04
Community Member

Hey!!

I really need help. I can't close my Upwork account and I really need it to be close before the day after tomorrow! I'd appreciate if someone or any support can help me with this. Thanks!

Hi Mariangel,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to learn that you wish to close your account. I shared your request with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9801d7d7
Community Member

I have problem with ID so I want to disable ID

Hi M,

I checked and it looks like you were already able to close your account. If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths