🐈
» Forums » Support » How to create Indian GST invoice in Upwork?
Page options
bioguy_tv
Community Member

How to create Indian GST invoice in Upwork?

I'm based in India, and I'm about to start a project with a client based in India.

As we're both based in India, my tax consultant has advised that I need to charge GST in all invoices I raise for this client.

How do I create GST invoices in Upwork?

And for background, I have submitted my GST number in Upwork settings, but it does not show in my invoices. Besides, for it to be a valid GST invoice, it will have to explicitly mention the GST amount.

Also, I would love to know about experiences/opinions of other Indian freelancers who may have been in similar situations.

12 REPLIES 12
759e32fa

Hi Tejas,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Sorry, I don't have a support ticket for this, AJ. Can you tell me which ticket you're talking about? - I have an open ticket, but that's for a completely different matter.

Hi Tejas,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Joanne, I would also like help with this as I am about to enter into a contract with an Indian client and he is likely to ask for a GST invoice. Please guide me how to go about it...

Hi Ashraf,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks, Joanne. It's been a couple of days but I haven't been contacted by any agent. Will you please try to speed this up? - I'll be starting the project this week.

Hi Tejas,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that there is already a support ticket raised regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I have one open ticket, but that's for a completely different issue. I don't see any other open tickets.

Will you please provide the ticket number of the ticket you've mentioned? - thanks.

Hi Tejas,

Apologies for the delay. I've followed up with the team and they should be reaching out to you soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
bsytech2015
Community Member

Hi there,

GST will be charged on service fee or on income if I have a GSTIN number?

Please let me know.

Thank you

Hi Balwant Singh,

The GST only applies when both you and your client live in India. The Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) applies to all your earnings, including those from clients in India and around the world. You can read more information about the Indian Tax Deducted at Source here

~ Joanne
Upwork
8b145ccc
Community Member

Hi there,

Can you please help me how should I create GSTIN no for upwork ?

Please let me know.

Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths