🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: How to retrieve old account
Page options
678aa291
Community Member

How to retrieve old account

Dear Team,

My first account was kept ON HOLD saying verify your Identity. Even though I sent my Government ID proof and Pan Card details in the Verification section, there was no information from Upwork even after 4 to 5 working days.

User ID - **Edited for community guidelines**

Name -**Edited for community guidelines**

I had no other choice but to create a new one since it was taking too long to get my Identity verified. In this Account I was able to get lots of proposals and job opportunity.

But in my new account (User ID -

**Edited for community guidelines**, Name -**Edited for community guidelines**- name correction initiated) - there are No Viewers to my submitted proposals. Is this account also kept on hold?

Kindly let me know how to merge the two account and start my search in Upwork.

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
678aa291
Community Member

Dear Team,

While creating my account in Upwork, it automatically took my email id name (Varahirajaraja) and created my account.

When I tried to Edit it, an email was sent from (**Edited for community guidelines**) asking to reply with details.

I replied (on 15th March) attaching my Government ID Proof, Address Proof documents requesting them to change it as per my documents (L. Jayashree - First name: 'Jayashree', Last name: 'L'). It is still not updated. Even after 48 hours my account name is still the wrong one.

Can anyone help me on this please?

Hi Varahi,

It seems like you have posted in a separate thread about your concern with reinstating an old account. I want to confirm if you wish to keep this account you're using to post here in the community or reinstate your old account. I want to remind you that freelancers can only have one account. Having a duplicate account is not allowed. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
678aa291
Community Member

Dear Joanne Marie,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to reinstate my old account (ea0591e2). 

Kindly merge this new account with my Old account and make it ONE. 

What I mean the application which were sent through new one to be merged with old account. 

Thank you

JoanneP

Hi Varahi,

I checked the details you provided and saw that our verification team had contacted you regarding the documents you have submitted. Please check the email from the team, and kindly follow the instruction they have provided so that you can complete the process. You can check the ticket here once you're logged into your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
678aa291
Community Member

Hi Joanne Marie

Thank you for your support.

There was no email regarding retrieve old account. And there was no communication from Upwork even after I submitted my Government ID proof. 

Now when I clicked on the 'here' button in your reply it is showing like this message. What I am suppose to do to retrieve old account? 

678aa291_0-1679147214142.png

Hi Varahi,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Dear Annie,

Its been more than 48 hours that I sent request for Name change and it is till not updated. Can you please check on this and have it updated. 

Thank you

Hi Varahi,

Thank you for your message. I checked your name change request and noticed that it has been rejected as we do not allow initials only as the last name. Please initiate the name change request with full first and last name.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths