🐈
» Forums » Support » I can't verify no matter what I do and it's a...
Page options
sdichev
Community Member

I can't verify no matter what I do and it's all because they are not reading what I'm sending them

Hello,

I've done everything right, they're still not verifying me. It's almost as if it's impossible to get verified if your ID isn't issued by the country you live in...

There are 3 steps in the identity verification

1. ID document verification - Successfully verified on 2023-11-09
2. Location verification - Your ID document location does not match with your profile location. Please change your profile country or upload some extra documents to verify your location. Your document will never be shared with clients.
3. Visual verification - Successfully verified on 2023-11-09

For the 2nd step, I already provided a bank statement. I tried both a PDF and an image on separate occassions and both were rejected with the above error. I've tried at least 4-5 times now. The problem is the error itself - it says my ID document does not match my profile location... Which of course it doesn't... that's why I'm providing a bank statement! That's the whole point of the 2nd step!!! It's to provide a document to prove your location when your IDs location does not match the location on your profile. This is such an absurd and braindead error, I really hope it's not a human choosing what error to give, there's no way anyone could be that stupid. I really hope someone is rejecting for some other reason, but the error is just the wrong one. Cause there is no other way this makes sense.

And I get an email claiming "Unfortunately, we could not approve the image provided as the document type submitted is unacceptable." And then they proceed to list the document types which ARE acceptable. Guess what? The exact document type I am providing (a bank statement) is listed right there!

So both the email error and the website error make NO sense whatsoever. And after the 4th or 5th time, you'd think a person would reach out and be like "Yo dawg, I see you keep trying cause our errors are trash af, so here this is the problem". But no.

I really don't understand what more I'm supposed to do. I tried using the live chat, figured the bot might redirect me to a human, but it seems impossible. And bot is useless too, it's just running around in circles.

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Samuil, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
sdichev
Community Member

Too bad all I got is a worthless macro response. The response I got is verbatim the automated email I keep receiving. 

I'm pretty sure the person who handled it didn't even actually read any of what I wrote or else they'd realise how worthless their response is.

I've been trying to verify my identity for a week. This is a joke.

I'm waiting 1 more response on my ticket and if there's no progress, I'm done with this joke of a website.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths