🐈
» Forums » Support » I need to create a minor change in my verifie...
Page options
6f9b2d64
Community Member

I need to create a minor change in my verified name

Im in Cairo, Egypt and the ID I used was in arabic and I got verified no problem. But I noticed that the name interpreted in my verfied name is in English and this name will be used to verify against my bank account.

This will result in an error during the transaction I think, since the names do not match even thought everything is legit and is under my name.

I would like to make minor changes to my verified name so that it matches my bank accounts.

I tried to open a ticket with support but I don't know how since I don't see a create ticket option.

2 REPLIES 2
ArjayM

Hi Tariq,

We understand your concern about your payment method. You're correct. If you are withdrawing directly to your bank account, the beneficiary name on your bank account must match your verified name on Upwork. 

You may try adding the payment method you're referring to. If it was flagged for a name mismatch, you can reply to the email sent from Upwork to start the process of verifying that you are an authorized user of the payment method. They'll gladly look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6f9b2d64
Community Member

Thanks for the reply Arjay, 

But I would rather avoid it proactively than react to the name mismatch especially since there are already delays with transactions and I have delays over here with other related logistics, I would rather prevent any avoidable delay.

So please facilitate the ability for me to correct my verified name proactively, Thanks again

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths