Page options
5b59e7bb
Community Member

I need to speak to a live agent

I need to speak to a live agent

18 REPLIES 18
ArjayM

Hi David,

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot. If you have some general questions about using Upwork or are looking for advice, feel free to post here in the Community.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7a99ac66
Community Member

I am new user to upwork as a client. I just created account and trying to hire someone but its **Edited for Community Guidelines** ! Terrible customer support. There is no one for helping. Only one bot that is repeatedly throughing its commands again and again even i describe in deep as well. No real person representative there, No email support there, Wasted my hours for just contacting with you guys! Thank you for realizing me that i am on wrong platform. let me go back to **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Good luck

Hi Brandy,

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to improve our support system. I am sorry for any inconvenience or frustration you may have experienced while trying to contact us. Our chatbot is designed to provide you with a customized and helpful service based on your needs and preferences. We value your feedback and we will share it with our team for further improvement. Could you please give us more details about the problem you encountered when you wanted to hire a freelancer on Upwork? We would like to assist you here or connect you with our team as soon as possible.

- Pradeep

Upwork

When I am going to hire someone then transaction got suddenly deduct and refund to my paypal and it shows " Recharge Failed " even my paypal is full of balance. I am using it on fiverr and ebay as well. I don't know what only upwork have this kind of issues + No serious customer support!! Its terrible.

Hi Brandy,

Thank you for following up and sharing more information. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that we can look into this and assist you accordingly. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

Additionally, I will share your feedback about the chatbot with our team for further review. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
7a99ac66
Community Member

I did not recieve any reply from support till now even they said "ASAP". Its truely slow and unresponsive support ever.

Hi Brandy,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents should follow up with you on your support ticket within 24 hours to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
164001b4
Community Member

Hi Nikola, can you also help me receive a support ticket please?

I have financials/transaction history in question I'd like to discuss with a live person, thanks.

Hi Michael,

Arjay here stepping in for Nikola. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket, as requested. One of our agents will contact you soon to assist you further with your financial/transaction history concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I need to speak to a live agent"

What is your question about Upwork?

You can ask your question right here in the Forum.

af7e5507
Community Member

It seems Upwork has the worst customer service to ever exist. I recently signed up under an agency and I am unable to send proposals or change my hourly rate. Their are contracts I want to bid on and time is running out. There seems to be no such thing as 'live agent', as you just submit your issue and wait until someone cares enough about your situation.

Hi Anthonio,

We certainly understand your concern and how you want this resolved. However, I've checked your account and it looks like you're an exclusive member of an agency. Please note that Agency members who are exclusive work on Upwork only as part of the agency. This is the most common type of agency relationship. Your profile and proposals are branded with the agency to make the agency’s part in the working relationship clear to clients. We pay out all contract payments to the agency. Also, Exclusive members' proposals are all submitted as members of the agency.

I can also see that you've already reached out to our Support Team and raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow our team time to review your case and feel free to coordinate through that ticket here if you need further assistance. In the meantime, you may want to check this help article to learn more.

~ Arjay
Upwork
af7e5507
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

The problem is that I am unable to submit any proposal at all.

af7e5507_0-1681393909734.png

Hi Anthonio,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

There IS no place to get support. The site you showed, which I've been on only takes us to a stupid chat bot which is as useless as Upwork. As a paying customer, I don't even get the most basic support from a human being. 

I can't even link a checking account to my page and there is NOBODY to talk to. Upwork is complete garbage when it comes to even the most basic service for even thouse who pay monthly. A chat bot who can't answer basic questions and then links you to the same page he is on is a freaking joke.

Hi Rudolph,

I am sorry you're experiencing issues contacting support. We're creating a personalized experience to better assist all Upwork platform users via the chatbot. The more you interact with the chatbot, the more custom responses you'll receive.

Here's how you can reach Upwork Support:

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of this or any Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need further help, you will be asked to verify the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to contact the Upwork Support Team.

We'd also be happy to help you. Please share more information about your concern so we can assist you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Listen. I'm not an idiot and I don't appreciate being gaslit. The customer service on Upwork is utter trash. Paying customers should not have to jump through loops to get basic assistance. I have been at this for 2 days and have not been able to speak to a single individual support person. I had better service from an outsourced call center with Comcast. I already did what you asked. Your AI chatbot is the dumbest chatbot I have ever spoken to. I lose IQ points every time I communicate with it. You're going to tell me that Upwork is creating a "personalized" experience?! And that this idiotic chatbot has "customized" responses?! or That the more I 'interact" with it that more custom responses I get?!

Every time I speak to it, it asks me if I need furthre assistance. When I say I do, it links me to the exact same help website that I'm already on where I'm talking to the bot! This endless agonizing loop goes on forever. There is nothing personalized, customized, or well thought out about this service. It's an attempt by Upwork to avoid customers at all costs. And and in its wake, it provides a horrific AI to take the place of live support. The bot does NOT provide a way to communicate with a live support team.

My issue is that I have an LLC and a business checking account under my business name LLC.

Attempting to add my business checking account under my LLC is futile because Upwork doesn't ask for LLC when adding payment type. It asks for account holder name. Furthermore, if I enter my LLC in account holder, section  it says:

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Yes, I am aware that I have to submit proof of account, LLC, etc.  But I have way of doing so as there is literally no link provided of where or how to upload and now way to contact anyone. Great job on Upwork's part in "streamlining" this process.

Hi Rudolph,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble reaching our support team. I understand that this process can be confusing and I will be sharing your feedback with the relevant team.

I have followed up with the team handling your account and I see that one of our team members has already reached out to you to assist you with your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths