🐈
» Forums » Support » ID Verification Taking Too Long
Page options
3f6ad849
Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

616 REPLIES 616

Hi Ansah,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow us a few more days to review your submitted documents. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork

is there any other way to get verified like thriough direct chat? also please guide me that can I start some job untill you verify my id?

Hi Ansah,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

it means i can start work on upwork? i dont need any kind of verification
right now?

Hi Ansah,

Yes, that's correct! You can start looking for jobs and submitting proposals. As Pradeep mentioned, If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

Additionally, since you're fairly new to the platform, I think it's best for you to start with the basics. Below you'll find a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. Good luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Great thanks .
cb060af1
Community Member

So I have posted 2 different tickets for my id and I have been ignored for 8hours I can't get my clients with out it Iv added my passport 2 times now and it's still not be accepted what's going on 

rlouw
Community Member

Hi Neo,

There seems to be a delay on Upwork's side. A notice has been placed on the Trust and Safety support page:

"Due to the increase in the volume of ID verification submissions, there will be a delay of up to 5 days. We greatly appreciate your patience while our teams review the documents."

cb060af1
Community Member

I have waited more than 5 days it's been awhile now 

Hi Neo,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow us 5 business days to review your submitted documents. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork

I have some money I need atm and I can't do anything about withdrawal as my accounts on hold because of the id

3322a2aa
Community Member

Hi!

I was asked to do identity verification and I have finshed immediately.

However, my account is still restriced and my old clients can no longer see the contracts they had with me.
How long does it take for my account limitation (inability to bid on projects) is removed? It has almost been a day.

Thank you.

Hi Pham,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow us a few more days to review your submitted documents. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
3322a2aa
Community Member

Hi AJ,

Currently. it has already been 2 days and I am still restricted. This has heavily affected my workflow, and I could not get through with customer support. Please take this matter into consideration asap, as it is having a negative impact on my pending jobs as well. 

Hi Pham,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
8072a63e
Community Member

Hi, It's been 6 days since I upload my ID for verifications, and still no response.

Are you gonna verify as freelancer?

Yes

Hi Ahmed,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.

To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:

If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork
dacabf46
Community Member

Hi I am also facing the same issue It's been rough a week that I am waiting. The rest of the things got verified except identity.

Hi Mujahid,

I checked with the team and can confirm that your verification process has been completed. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4f00bde7
Community Member

How much time does it take to review my profile.

I submitted my profile 5 days ago and still it is not approved.

You need to follow the suggestions you received from the Profile Courses section here Courses - Upwork Community

and resubmit your profile.

Hi Kashaf,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.

To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:

If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork
dffa64a8
Community Member

I submitted indentity verification request 2 days ago and it still isnt processed, cant seem to get in contact with anyone any help is appreciated.

Hi Qaiser,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks for your response Annie Jane, 

Can you please tell how long does it take to verify my id? 

Waiting for your positive and prompt response.! 

Regards,

Hi Qaiser,

Due to the higher volume of requests, the verification can take longer than usual. Please know that they are addressed in the order they were received. It would be best to send any questions or concerns that you have to the active support ticket in order for our team to assist you more efficiently.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi  Annie Jane, 

It's been 3 days since I submitted documents for my account verification but there has been no response from the Upwork team and also not getting  a single answer from the support ticket,

any help is appreciated.

Waiting for your prompt and favorable response,

Thanks

Qaiser

same problem)

Hello Sir,
I'm so happy to hear from you.
4f298c93
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm Aqsa Saleem and I'm new on Upwork. Even after the idetity verification an error is still showing on my screen after the 3 days of identity verification what I do.

The error is

Action required: Verify your identity by 12/15/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started.

Hi, 

I'm Aqsa Saleem and I'm new on Upwork. Even after the idetity verification an error is still showing on my screen after the 3 days of identity verification what I do.

The error is

Action required: Verify your identity by 12/15/2022 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started.

Hi Aqsa,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
73fb03c8
Community Member

anyone can help me to review my profile? because it take it so long i've been waiting 9 days to review my profile but nothing happened and i cant submit the proposals pls help me to be approved my profile thank you 😆

this is my upwork link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01199dd8be45a568bb

Are you from the Philippines or Pakistan?

im from philippines 

Hi Krys,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.

~ AJ
Upwork

im still trying but still sayung my profile is under review

d0fd7d1b
Community Member

Hello Upwork !

I have been having the same issue since last week, both with the ID document verification, as well as the visual verification.
I have been sitting tight, waiting for it to be resolved. But now that the ID verification deadline set by Upwork (17/12/2022) is around the corner, I am getting seriously concerned about my account getting suspended. Since I'm already in the middle of a project here.

Which is why I would appreciate it if the matter gets looked into, as swiftly and promptly as possible.

Thank you in advance !Capture d’écran (167).png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths