🐈
» Forums » Support » ID Verification Taking Too Long
Page options
3f6ad849
Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

616 REPLIES 616

Thanks a bunch.

deeply appreciate.

Waiting for next stage of my onboarding.

although its taking lots of time probably due to holiday.
fe2cc59e
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I am having the same problem, my account verification has been stuck in the pending phase, is there any way you can help me fix this?

Hi Kristel,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
946da74c
Community Member

My Identity Verification is taking so long, please do a follow-up since I have an actrive contract. It says 1 business day but it has been  24 hours now.

Hi MD Ahsan,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets for the same concern so that the team could assist you accordingly and more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
946da74c
Community Member

can i know exactly please why its being so late ?why not verified my govt id till now ?why it shows  still now  We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1-3 business day from yesterday?

edmdahao
Community Member

Hi. Can you help me with mine too? I believe it's taking almost 24 hours already since I submitted my ID...if I remember it right.

Hi Erwin,

Thank you for your message. Your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
278f9763
Community Member

Hi Nikola,
Experiencing the same issue now.
Submitted a while ago and verification is still pending

ac57c5c3
Community Member

Hey Nikola,

I am experiencing the same issue hear! it is almost two days and I am still not verified! I kindly request for your support and verify my account!

Hi Yousef,

Please note that it can take up to 3 business days for the review to be completed. Kindly allow for additional time so that the team can review your submission. You will be notified if you need to take any additional steps on your end.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
26864b7c
Community Member

Hello, I am having the same problem. Even after 3 days, no confirmation came. There is a warning from upwork that it should be approved by May 13, but it was not approved. I didn't know that when taking a selfie, it would be taken with my ID. So if it is not approved, what will be the next step? How can I prove that I am myself? I'm a little worried about this. I would be very happy if you reply.

upajekka
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I am having the same issue it's been more than 72 hrs my ID has not been verified yet and it shows "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1-3 business days". How long will it take ? 

Would appreciate any help on this.

Hi Upaj,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
26864b7c
Community Member

Hello, I am having the same problem. Even after 3 days, no confirmation came. There is a warning from upwork that it should be approved by May 13, but it was not approved. I didn't know that when taking a selfie, it would be taken with my ID. So if it is not approved, what will be the next step? How can I prove that I am myself? I'm a little worried about this. I would be very happy if you reply.

Hi Beste,

I've reached out directly to the team handling the review and they confirmed that your ID has been verified. You can now see the ID Verified badge on your profile. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
1fb54ad3
Community Member

Hello, I am having the same problem.  I didn't know that when taking a selfie, it would be taken with my ID. So if it is not approved, what will be the next step? How can I prove that I am myself? I'm a little worried about this. I would be very happy if you reply.

upajekka
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I got my Id verified today thank you for responding.

47bf8f08
Community Member

Hi, I am having the same issue. Can anyone assist with my verification?

798ca0c9
Community Member

I am experiencing the same issue,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long will this take?

Hi Ayman,

This process can take a few days as we are receiving a higher volume of requests. However, if our team needs additional information to approve your submission, we'll definitely reach out to you via a support ticket. 

~ AJ
Upwork
1e00263f
Community Member

Hi Nikolas,

I am experiencing the same issue,

I've submitted my ID for verification but how long this will take? Please help me on this. Thanks

Hi Flor,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
leiluhh01
Community Member

Hello Avery, I am experiencing the same issue. I have until tomorrow before my account gets put on hold. Can I please get some help? Waiting for response.

d11b4435
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification and I've done the visual verification as well but it is still showing that my account has not been approved.How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent response.

Hi Condfidence,

Thank you for your message. Please allow 1 business day to the team to review and update your account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi sir!

I also applied for I'd verification and uploaded the documents but facing the same issue. Now more than 24 hours elapsed but they did not approve yet. They wrote, we are reviewing your application and it will take maximum 1 business day.. How long does it take to approve.? Please help!

With best regards 

aa689202
Community Member

Hello Avery, I am experiencing the same issue. I have until June 28 before my account gets put on hold. Can I please get some help? Waiting for response.

Hello,

I have the same issue. I submitted my documents but still didn't receive any confirmation/notifications. Could you please help me to solve this issue?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID has been verified. You should see the ID Verified badge on your profile. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d1b20015
Community Member

hello there

the same issue going with me I've submitted my ID for verification couple of days ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long will this take?

Would appreciate urgent reponse to this.

dc8af7fa
Community Member

Hello. I am experiencing the same issue. I have not heard back. Please advise and help. 

Thank you.

Hi John, 

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hey Nikola. my ID is still in review for more than 1 day. what can i do ?

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your ID verification is successful on your Upwork account now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello, Pradeep.

I submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day."

How long would this take, please?

Would appreciate urgent reponse to this.

Hi Anna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your query with the team handling your verification and they will review your case as soon as possible. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello, Joanne. I have a ticket open, but I've not gotten a reply yet so I decided to send this here.

I'm facing a similar issue. I uploaded my documents and at first it said "we're reviewing your identity". When I didn't get a mail, I opened a ticket and Support said my images were not clear.

I've re-uploaded them and it was still saying "we cannot verify your identity", then later it's back to "we're reviewing your identity"

How long would this take, please? I don't know if it's still an image problem.

I only have few days left before the account is placed on hold.

I would appreciate an urgent response. Thanks.

Hi Anna,

Nikola has submitted a follow-up directly to the team handling the review. Kindly allow our team time, and you will get an update on your ticket here once your submitted ID is thoroughly reviewed. We would appreciate your patience and utmost understanding while we sort this out for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hey!
I am having the same issue.
It's been 5 days since my profile went into verification but nothing happened. Not even agents are replying so I can explain my case. It takes "It will take a minute" but even after 30 minutes, nothing happens. 
Please resolve this issue so I can start working again.
Thank You

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths