🐈
» Forums » Support » ID Verification Taking Too Long
Page options
3f6ad849
Community Member

ID Verification Taking Too Long

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to hire freelancers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

616 REPLIES 616

Hey How are you?
I am trying identity verification for past 5 days.
First, I upload my ID card and it says "It should only take a minute" but after 30 minutes, nothing happens.
I uploaded my ID card on Friday and it said it will take 1 business day but after 3 business days, nothing happened. So, I tried it again but nothing happened. 
Please help
Thank You

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue.  I reached out to the team assigned to your ticket and they will reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hey ! 

It's been 6 days i am trying to verify but nothing is happening. It takes 1 business day but it is almost  6 days.

I tried multiples times but still same.

Please verify my account.

Customer Service is so slow
I tried reaching out multiples times but no use

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I sent a follow-up with our team to review your verification. Please allow up to 24 more hours for our team to check. Thank you.

~ AJ
Upwork
1841d2d7
Community Member

Hello Avery, 

Unfortunately I am experiencing the exact same issue. It's been almost a week and it's still stuck on the same message 'We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day.' I've even tried to upload different pictures but to no avail. A speedy response would be much appreciated. Thanks.id_ver_sc.PNG

Hi Saad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Avery O,

I am having this same issue in my ID Document Verification. 

I have submitted my ID on July 9, 2022 but it still showing "we're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day".

Would appreciate urgent reponse to this.

Thank you

Capture.PNG

Hi Hafiz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello, can you help me out as well? I'm having the same issue. It's been over 1 business day. Thank you in advance.

Hi Christina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow more time for our team to review your case. You should receive an update in the next 24 - 48 hours. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Same as the case with me, please help me
I have submitted the passport 5 days ago and they are still reveiwing it, However I have only 3 days left for suspension 

I am a freelancer, I have submitted the passport 5 days ago for ID verification and they are still reveiwing it, However I have only 3 days left for suspension.
Urgent help would be appreciated
Regards
M.Jalil

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and can confirm that your profile has been approved account now has an IDV badge. You may now start submitting proposals to jobs you're interested in. Please also check this post and the freelancer resources to help you get started on Upwork. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you

I have same problem where I submitted my ID verification last July 30,2022 and up till now it is not verified. It needs to be verified before August 5 or my account might be on hold. Hope this will be solve quickly. Thank you

Hi Kurt,

Thank you for your message. Please allow another 24-48 hours for the team to review your submission. Feel free to message us if you do not receive an update within the next 48 hours.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello,

I have a same problem, I've submitted my ID for verification more than 24h ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." 

note. How long will this take?

Hello. I have the same problem, it's been 48 hours now and I'm still waiting for the verification results. It's pretty urgent and I would be very grateful for your response. Thank you!

Hi Milos,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you with assistance on how to proceed with your ID verification. You can check for updates here or through your email and don't hesitate to communicate if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi there! 

I am having the same issue as all these lovely people above. I have potential clients that can't find my restricted page and it's pushing them away! I already submitted my ID and face. 

Possibly to avoid this issue in the future for everyone, Upwork could require ID verification for sign up?

Hi Leah,

I'm sorry to hear how has this affected you. I escalated your concern to the relevant team and can confirm that you should no longer see the restriction on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi ma'am

I already submitted my National ID. I need this hurry. I have got a fund and I can't withdraw. please assist as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Hi  MD HASIBUR,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and your verification process is now complete. You should be able to see the “Identity Verified” badge on your profile now. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you so much for your help 🙂

1c66d4b6
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

879913f2
Community Member

Hello Avery
I am facing the same issue, and its still showing the "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day."

Hi Jeffrey,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and they've confirmed that they're working on your submission. You should be getting an email within 24-48 hours. Let us know after 48 hours if you still haven't received that email and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
75f178cc
Community Member

Hello, I have the same problem: "We are reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day". But I sent in the paperwork a couple of days ago.

How long will it take?

TV and Film Director
Video editor

Hi Alona,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry for the delay as our team is receiving a higher than usual volume of requests at the moment. I checked your account and saw that your account has been successfully badged already. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
7e989a61
Community Member

Hello,

I have a same problem, I've submitted my ID for verification more than 24h ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." 

Hello,

I have problem, I've submitted my ID for verification more than 24h ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." 

Hi Danica,

Please allow one full business day to pass for the team to review your ID submission. If you haven't received an update by Monday please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Andrea,

I have a problem, I submitted my ID for verification more than 24h ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." 

How long will this take?

I would appreciate an urgent response to this.

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us a few more days to review the documents you've submitted. Should we need more information, our team will send you an email with details on how you can complete the verification process. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
ec4ab1e1
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I am experiencing the same issue,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long will this take?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I see that your documents were submitted on Aug 29th. Please allow one business day for the team to review and update your verification status.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
0abebdae
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I am experiencing the same issue,

I've submitted my ID for verification and have been waiting more than a week, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day."

Would appreciate an urgent response to this for I have a couple of clients tomorrow and tomorrow is the last day for me to get it verified if not it says I will not receive any more work!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Hi Joseph,

Arjay here stepping in for Avery. I can see that you've reached out to the relevant team about your concern and a support ticket has been set up. Kindly allow our team time to further review your account and you should be getting an update here once done.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0abebdae
Community Member

Ok, do you know how long this will take like I said tomorrow is my deadline and I have a couple of clients I do not want to lose because of this situation, Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths