🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
f7fdfccc
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259

Hi it's been up to 36 hours but there is no support from your team now what should I do, I am still waiting.

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. I see that your inquiry has been already escalated to the team handling your request. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible. 

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
c34c770c
Community Member

Hi 

Sharda this side, accedently i uploaded the wrong profile picture from my phone and it's because of the wrong name of picture in my phone. So now i can see the message that verify your identity on my dashboard.So can i change the picture so that it matches with the identity picture. Please suggest me how to process further to varify identity without any issue.or i am attaching some profile pic here, let me know if you can change those  its a humble request.

Thanks

Sharda

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sharda,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
dianne_sam
Community Member

I have uploaded all required documents to verify my ID @and it has been over 72 hours. I am now receiving notice that my account will be suspended if my ID cannot be verified. The banner shows that my documents should have been verified within one business day but it is past 72 hours and I do not want my account suspended. I have a contract that starts within 2 days.

Hi Dianne,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ffb9444c
Community Member

Hello, maybe i opened the same issue but i couldn't solve it. I cannot verify my identity. I would really appreciate if you can help.

Hi Ayse,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for the answer.

14f41b4c
Community Member

Hello!

I recently get my 1st order on Upwork and Upwork tell me to verify id verification, so I uploaded my id verification and get my selfie verification bla bla, and then there was written that your id verification will take 1-3 business days. But there are 7+ days a go but my id verification still doesn't get verified. I also tried many times and again still don't verify my original id. What is the reason?

There could be a number of reasons why your ID verification is taking longer than expected. It's possible that there was an issue with the quality of the image you uploaded, or there may be a backlog of ID verifications that is causing delays.

I recommend reaching out to Upwork support for further assistance with this issue. They will be able to provide more information about the status of your ID verification and help troubleshoot any issues that may be causing delays.

how can I contact Upwork Support?

and I think today is my last date to verify

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

hello Pradeep

wish one day, you send me the same message as well 

time is matter to everyone 

thank you 🙏🏻 

Yeah I seen now, this is approved now
f70ab626
Community Member

Can someone help me, please? I want to make my account verified, but I can't see the verification option/button in the settings. Why?

Hi Ralph,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
cf4520da
Community Member

Hi Upwork Family

I am new on Upwork, I have issue with my ID verification. I have uploaded my identification details and it shows that it is under review but I still receive email notification that my account will be suspended in 24hours and contracts cancelled.

Please what should I do?

Screenshot_20230110-134854.jpg

Screenshot_20230110-131447.jpg

Hi Esther,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
etaranov
Community Member

Hi Upwork Support,

Guys, WHATS GOING ON????

I uploaded a VALID! driver's license, but received an incompetent response that they do not fit because the "PHOTO IS YOUNG".  WHAT?

I have never heard such an answer from anyone (when driving a car, etc.). Again, this is a VALID DOCUMENT, and i cant update photo on it (it is issued only once).

Please resolve the issue as soon as possible, as I am not able to send another document right now (because of the situation in my country) and it is on the list of those that are accepted. It's outrageous to hear such answer from you.

I have been your user since 2007 when you were still called Odesk. I've never had problems before.

Will check for verification status update asap.

Thank you.

Hi Evgeniy,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties verifying your ID. I can see that you're coordinating with the team through this support ticket to resolve the issue. Please allow our team 24-48 to further review your submission and you should be getting an update on the same ticket once done. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
sohaibkhn
Community Member

There was a prompt that happened to pop up asking me to verify my ID, will I get the verification badge?

Thanks in advace.

Hi Sohaib,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
a058012b
Community Member

Hi everyone! I alredy sent my photo selfy and ID, around 2-3 days ago, but i always have this notification, which says that i  must verify befor 16.01. When i click on this i see ( attached screenshot),  there is no possibility to add it again. I don't understand what they want from me, and what i should to do. I'm afraid that soon i will be blocked and i don'know what to do..  

Should i stop all my applications to clients? Because if they will block me 16.01 what will be with contracts..

Hi Katerina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a058012b
Community Member

Thank you very much for answer! But could you give me an advice. What to do with applications to clients? should i stop them and dont' risk? Becuase like i understand, soon my profile will be blocked, and i cannot open contracts now. Support didnt answer me something. It was just a robot. What means that notification ? That support are busy with checking my id and  i have to wait just? Or it means, that i have to give all photos again. ??

Hi Katerina,

Thank you for following up. I would like to clarify that you received a response from one of our agents just recently on your ticket. Feel free to follow up on your ticket if you have further questions and they will be happy to assist you. 

Regarding your concern about verification. If you don’t verify your identity within 7 days of notification we will place a hold on your account. The hold will prevent you from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts and we will be happy to remove it once you’ve verified your identity. 

You can find more information here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a058012b
Community Member

Hi! I have the same problem. 2-3 days ago i send my photo selfy and ID, but still ia have no results and red notification on the up of page says that befor 16.01 i must verify , but what else i can do??

16.01 they will block me, and i couldn't reach anyone from support😓. I made a ticket, but i don't understand where i can look it now.  Please, maybe someone can help with this? And also what should i do , stop all my applications? Because if i will open contract and then 16.01 they will block me , what will be with clients and contracts? 

etaranov
Community Member

UPD: Problem solved!
Thanks for the fast support and problem solving.

UPDATE: 

problem solved.

upd

Please help ASAP. Only 3 hours left!

Still waiting.

Thank you.

UPDATE:  problem solved. Thank you.

Hi Evgeniy,

Thank you for following up on this. We sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. I have escalated your case directly to the team handling your review. I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now Verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a058012b
Community Member

But HOW i have to verify , if i already send my photos? What else i can do to verify?

I also finished already one small contract , and client acepted it and paid even a little bonus, but i have  0 $ on my profile 

etaranov
Community Member

Thank you so much for support!

3b408a84
Community Member

Hi, I uploaded my ID in the past few days, when it will be approved? Look forward to your feedback, thanks a lot!

Yoyo

Hi Yoyo,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Upwork
1d448839
Community Member

I hereby Appeal to you to enlighten me on how to get verified , i have open upwork account for more than a month and yet been verified pls i need guide 

Hi Lukuman,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
1d448839
Community Member

Thank you for your reply 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths