🐈
» Forums » Support » Id verification
Page options
f7fdfccc
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259
87b752ea
Community Member

Hello, my Upwork account has 100% profile completeness but has not been verified? What could be the issue uptil now?  

Hi Gabriel,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
lidiyah
Community Member

My account is 100% completed, however how do I get the account verified and get the blue tick? 

Hi Yolanda,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
12e220f3
Community Member

hey, this is is regarding my support Request #38526780, I'm not able to apply to jobs because I am required to upload my ID, i made "too many tries" and i have to get in contact with customer support. It's been 2 days way to long can somebody please respond to my support ticket? it's shouldn't be this hard to contact customer support ridiculous!!

Hi Chy,

I submitted a follow-up directly to the team handling your ID review. One of the members has responded to your ticket here with more details and instructions on how to resolve the issue. Feel free to respond to the email if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d7a68aea
Community Member

Is it possible to extend the deadline for verification?

I'm in tight sched right now so I can only afford to spend 2 to 3 hours a day to get requirements and request for ids. I do have NBI Clearance (expired currently) police clearance, SSS ID (digital copy, no picture). I am doing my best to get some IDs renewed ASAP. Need help pls. I have no other IDs at my disposal. I can do video call if needed. 

Hi Jose,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
b956c897
Community Member

Hi,

My identity verification is due to happen today but I see no progress either on the ticket  #38566568 or on the identity verification page.

I'm posting here to see if I can get some response. Also is it possible to re-instate the account afterwards? I'm afraid that I will lose what I have on my profile.

Hi Joao,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
professor_x
Community Member

Hello, I've been having some issues with my id verification (Failed Passport two times, but accepted the second type of document both times) and have only 2 days left and am not getting any response. Account is seriously affected here and I have  questions that I really need some answers to so I can get this done within the 2 days.
Could somebody 'please' help me out so that I can get this taken care of and get back to work?  I've been on here since Elance and would really like to continue.
Thanks for the help!  😊

Hi Philip,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for checking in to this. I had 7 days to get this verification with a few options to do so, but I heard nothing for 2 or three out of that 7 days and then questions were answered kind of vaguely.  I have the docs to verify anything, but I had specific questions about my situation.  

It's been over three full days since I've heard any response at all now and I'm in utter limbo with some great projects and no direction...

I realize Upwork employees are very busy, but no response at all for over three days when I'm on a time limit and trying to get answers to help me comply - and now silence.

Not sure what to make of it.

I am not only 'trying' to comply, I have the docs - just cannot get clear answers.

The 7 days was yesterday and now I'm not sure what to do.
Thank you.

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that your account is already verified. I have followed up with the team handling your request and one of our support team members will be updating you via a support ticket as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
2392ba53
Community Member

Hey! I just signed up for Upwork and I want to verify my profile so that my clients can be sure of my identity and be able to work with me safely. I also want to avoid future bans due to unverified identity.
Where can I send my documents?
Thank you!

Hi Maksym,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork
bf8204da
Community Member

Wrote to tech support my problem, they send me a template response to each of my message. I need to confirm my location, there is no rental agreement, because I live at a friend's place. Provided a registration, I was told that this is a temporary document, and it is not accepted. A foreign citizen in Uzbekistan is issued only a temporary registration. Every 6 months I renew this document.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Damir,

I can see that you already have a ticket with the Customer Support team. Kindly continue communicating with the team through your ticket if you have any questions or concerns, as they're the ones who can best assist you. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9529655b
Community Member

Hi , I am from Pakistan I have upload my ID Card 3-4 days ago but it not get verified. What should I do now?

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
kt_marie24
Community Member

I was asked to verify my identity before accepting any contracts. I attempted to upload my drivers license four times, and it kept rejecting it. I don't know how to make the picture any clearer, it looks perfect. I don't know why it's being rejected and I haven't heard anything back yet from putting in a support ticket. Really frustrating when I'd like to get working.

Try learning out more through upworks support pages, here's one to get you started on verifying your identity using government issued ID.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067788-Location-Government-ID-Verification 

In case you did read the terms, try taking clear pictures of your ID specially the information that it suppose to show. Hope this helps.

I did read through the terms on the support page as well as took clear pictures of my ID four times. Now I'm locked out and I can't upload any more pictures and I haven't gotten a response on my support ticket.

kt_marie24
Community Member

I attempted to submit my drivers license for ID verification and it keeps rejecting the picture. I have no idea why, and no one has responded to my support ticket. What do I do?

65df484f
Community Member

Hi, I need your help please!

I just applied for a new ID as all my IDs are not considered valid by upwork and I received a message that my account will be suspended in 2 days. I need an extension please as IDs here in PH may take 5-7 business days.

Hi Donnalyn,

Thank you for reaching out. You can respond to the ticket or email associated with the said ticket to update the support agent already assisting you on this matter. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I cannot reply to the ticket anymore because it
was tagged as solve.
d634d889
Community Member

Indentity and verification menu in setting not showing in my upwork profile how can i verify my account.

Hi Kamraj,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork
joshuaw18
Community Member

Hi Upwork, 

I submitted ID and selfie for verification over the weekend but I have not received a response yet. Message just says "we are reviewing". Any idea how long this takes? 

Also, I completed a contract over the weekend but I am unable to see this in my earnings. 

Regards

Hi Upwork Team,

I attempted to verify my identity over the weekend but this has not been completed yet. I uploaded my driver's licence and selfie. Can someone please assist with this. 

Hi Joshua,

I have reached out directly to the team handling your case. One of the team members has reached out with more information and instructions on how to complete your ID review. Feel free to coordinate with the team by responding to their email and they will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e4fac840
Community Member

I have to verify my id on Upwork, but every time I upload my id (CNIC card in my case) I receive a message that Upwork is reviewing my ID it usually takes 1 to 3 business days, which is understandable, but each time I go into settings for ID verification to check if it has been verified or not, it shows that I need to upload my id again. I have uploaded my id many times and this keeps happening again, kindly help me in this regard

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I have reached out directly to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified Badge on your profile as confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
294c84da
Community Member

I had id and visual verification for several days but it is still pending so not able to apply to the jobs.

what is the solution for it?

Hi Jose, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you should receive an update regarding your verification process in the next 24-48 hours. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
4c223b24
Community Member

Agent please tell me how long it will take to verify my id. It says my tries to upload my id has max out. I am unable to upload my id. Although I am following the instyrctuon to upload but still it was not working and now week has past nothing.

Hi Bushra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
victor09123
Community Member

Hi, 

I received an email today that my account will be suspended in the next two days if I don't verify it. I had to run around to get my National verification slip. But the verification is still pending at the moment. How long will the verification of the account take? Secondly, will my account still be suspended if my documents don't get verified in the next two days? Please, I need clarity on this. Thanks. 

Hi Balogun,

I reached out directly to the team handling your ID review and they confirmed that it's now been verified. Please follow the instructions provided by one of the team members regarding your profile photo. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths