🐈
» Forums » Support » Information about ID Verification
Page options
f7fdfccc
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259

Hi Arjah,

Thanks, my account has been verified. Also, I have uploaded another profile photo, and I guess I'm good now.

6e44482e
Community Member

I can't verify my ID and when i click on the link it shows error and ask me to click on Homepage. i can't pick up any jobs please help out here.

Thank you.

Hi Joel,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members has already responded to you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
khalid_mohamed96
Community Member

Hey I am From Sudan and my country is not listed in the ID verfication countires. I was using Upwork using my ID where I was residing in different country. Now my ID has experied so I cant use for verfication but my country finanical restrictions are rescinded since may 2022. Why the country not updated until now ? and how I could verify my ID now ? please help !

"https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/financial-sanctions/sanctions-programs-and-country-informati..."

Dear you carry on 

Hi Khalid,

Thank you for your message. Sudan is no longer restricted by US OFAC sanctions, but Upwork does not offer service in your country at this time. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
1e04329f
Community Member

Hi,

I have a problem with identity verification. Firstly, I'm a newbie at Upwork and didn't have a Payoneer account. So I joined my brother's Payoneer account in payment methods. Then when payments are scheduled to withdraw then faced rejection and the identity verification problem. Now I have this warning as shown below:

1e04329f_0-1674123354981.png

Now when I try to verify my identity it gives me my brother's name instead of mine in the verification process as you can see below:

Screenshot 2023-01-19 151823.png 

Please help to solve this problem.

Thanks

Hi Moazzam,

Remove payoneer account and add your own payoneer or bank account. You don't need payoneer account if you have a bank account. After that complete the process.

I removed the account and joined with my own Payoneer account but payments can not be withdrawn as the same issue of identity

I had almost same issue and that got resolved by using same name as one in bank account and ID card. Why not just use bank account? Fiverr require Payoneer, Upwork can send it directly to your local rupee bank account. 

0ae71a24
Community Member

Hi Upwork community,

I got my first ever invite on Wednesday and as soon as the contract was initiated, I was asked for id and selfie verification. I understand that the id takes upto 3 business days to get verified, but the selfie should only take upto 1 business day and now it's been more than that.

Can someone kindly help? I'm afraid of my account being suspended as I'm getting quite a good response.

Hi Rumaisa,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your request and one of our team members has already reached you via your registered email address.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Yes, thanks for letting me know but the issue still seems to remain. I was required to update my profile photo which I have done now but I still got "unable to process your ID at this time"

8d5d05bb
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification yesterday it is showing the "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1-3 business days." note. How long does this usually take?

And my visual verification taking too long to get verify. it says "We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day." I uploaded it yesterday.

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for your message. Our team is noticing a high volume of ID submissions at the moment. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review your submission and update your account. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
8d5d05bb
Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

Thankyou for the response. 

569806ed
Community Member

I have input my verification documents twice and it hasn't accepted it yet, it is a very slow process and my account needs to be verified by 24th! I will lose all progress please help! It didnt accept my transport license too even though there was nothing wrong with it! Please do something I dont want my account to get suspended

Hi Dhruv,

I have reached out directly to the team handling your case. I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile for confirmation. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
569806ed
Community Member

Thank you so much!

242d922b
Community Member

Hello,

I have waited for over a week to receive an email with information on how to re-submit my ID verification. Is there anyway to speed up this process? Or, at least, get a response? 

I have become exhuasted by the Get Support chatbot and when the phone support service would not help me since I am 'not an enterprise.'

Hi Kaitlen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have also reached out directly to the team handling your case and one of the members has reached out to you via email with more information and instructions on how to complete the process. Feel free to coordinate if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
387cdc1f
Community Member

Hello, I want to verify my identity, but the passport photo is not very clear, if I send this blurry photo to the workplace, will it block me?

Thanks in advance for your reply

I can't access the identity-verification page, it says 404 found

When I try to verify my identity, it says 404 found, can we just ignore it?

Hi, your upwork profile ID is verified but I can't verify it says 404 found what can I do?

Hi Polvon,

Please refer to my response to you on your previous post. The ID verification cannot be requested.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Polvon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork
03b5ec6e
Community Member

Hi,

I got an ID verification issue as I was tryong to buy new connects but my mastercard was not working with that so I put my husband's card details and now my account is going under ID verification process. 

In ID verification I have put my husband's ID card details because they were showing his name and it was not editable.

Can anyone help me with this?

Regards,

Sidra A.

Hi Sidra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
29191a2a
Community Member

My id got verified... again showing its pendjng

Hi Rekha Be patient Upwork is not available for 48 hours then it will be verified  

Hello Rekha,

We have reviewed your submission for ID verification. Unfortunately, we were unable to approve the ID because the profile name on your Upwork account violates the policy governing profile names.

The profile name on your Upwork account must meet the following criteria:
1-First name and last name may not include initials only
2-First name and last name cannot include names of companies, fictitious names, made-up words, etc.
3-First name and last name may not include qualifications or honorifics such as Dr. Mr. Mrs. Ph.D. etc.

You need to update your profile name. Please log in at Upwork.com and go to Settings-> Contact Info.

Best practices for images include:
- Do not crop or alter your image
- Ensure all four corners of your ID are visible
- The image should be clear and in color
- The ID should be a valid government-issued photo ID (not a digital copy, expired or temporary)

Once you are ready to resubmit, access your Upwork account Settings and click the Identity Verification tab to continue

I got mail like 

I dont have last full name.. I have Rekha s in my ID card... I don't know what the hell is going on

Hi Rekha,

Thank you for your message. Please don't hesitate to follow up with the relevant team directly on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Please verify today itself... because today is last day... my project is running I don't want to be suspended

1e5c8331
Community Member

Hi. I'm Nabeel Asad. I joined Upwork last week and got my first order 2 days after. The moment I got hired, there was a message saying to verify my id. It also had links to Upwork's documentation for ID Verification. I understood all of the things but still I have some problems. I would be very grateful if anyone can help me with the following:

• The Address on my ID Card is of my Home Town, but I live in another city. And I've inserted my current address in my profile. Upwork's ID Verification Documentation says that both addresses must match.? What should I do?

• I shaved my head a month ago. Although I have quite a lot of hair, still I'm afraid that the pic on my ID Card and the pic that I'll take to verify my id will not match.

I must verify my id by 25/01/2023. If anyone can, then please help me as soon as possible.

Thank You so much for your time 🙂

Hi Nabeel,

Thanks for reaching out. You should go to this page and follow the steps to provide the required documents for your verification. If there's any problem with the information you provide, the relevant team will contact you and let you know if there's anything else you need to do on your end.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths