🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity verification
Page options
f7fdfccc
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259
1e5c8331
Community Member

Thank You for taking some time to reply. So, I should just provide the valid documents for verification and if anything goes wrong then Upwork will contact me afterward.

1e5c8331
Community Member

Thank You so much. My ID got approved in a few minutes without any problems.

77d85aa0
Community Member

Hello! So I've submitted my identity verification and I'm waiting for approval. But I just got an email saying it needs to be verified in 24 hours, but I'm still waiting. Am I going to lose access?

Hi Jade,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

Hy! I have already verified Location and ID but my photo is still under review. However, tomorrow is the last date for my verification and photo is still under review, will me account be still suspended tomorrow?

Hi Ramzan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like your verification process is already completed and you should be able to see the “Identity Verified” badge on your profile. Could you please clarify if you need further assistance? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
a001cab8
Community Member

Hi community ☺️ 

So am not sure if it's a system error or if I am doing something wrong but I just got a verification ID blue badge. Strange thing is that 30 minutes later I got an email asking me to complete my verification! How is that possible when I verified all 3 steps to be able to get that badge? Am not sure if it's a system error or if I am missing something. Can anyone advice?

Hi Mario,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
80ab242a
Community Member

Hi, Upwork requested me to submit info after I accepted a contract/offer with one client. I submitted my National ID but wanted  to verify via video call and using my Passport instead, as it takes a work week to verify yet my selfie hasn't been verified yet. Our NIDs don't have the address listed on the card weirdly enough hence would prefer to use the Passport with video call.

Can anyone please help? I'd appreciate it. I understand Upwork has an increased flow of freelancers, I'd be more than happy to arrange a video chat. 🙂

Hi Aleksandar,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
80ab242a
Community Member

Ah, thank you Arjay. I usually would not ask but felt like I had to since the selfie has not been reviewed yet which shouldn't take too long. But yes, 48 hours makes sense if selfie comes with the package. Thanks!

a987ca1b
Community Member

Hello everyone.

I'm facing a problem with my ID verification. I submitted a picture of my passport and a selfie, but it is yet to be approved. 

I got an email today that my account will be suspended within two days, I would really appreciate some guidance.

ch_dani786
Community Member

I have shown identity verification alert in my dashboard. I clicked to get_started and provide data to all 3 points. Last 2 points are successfully accepted, but ID card rejected. I tried again and upload ID card front Image again, but it failed again. I tried for 3rd time and  tried to make image more clear and cropped extra content using Windows paint tool, but it fails. Some one plase help me how should it deal it ?  

d184e340
Community Member

I've uploaded my ID again as upwork needed. But, they are unable to approve it after 2 days although the yapproved it at first time(When I created my upwork account). Not sure what I have to do....

Is there anyone who has an idea for this stuff?

Hi Justin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

If you have further questions or need further assistance feel free to follow up with our team and they will be happy to assist you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
d184e340
Community Member

Hi Nikola

I'm not able to access that page.

Hi Justine,

Arjay here stepping in for Nikola. I actually tried and I was able to access your ticket through the link Nikola shared above. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end after hitting on the link and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7fe9ebdf
Community Member

I received a warning that my account will closed because of identity, even though i entered it. can this be fixed please, i am working on a project nowadays 

Hi Rahaf,

I reached out directly to the team handling y our case and one of the members has reached out via email with more details and instructions on how to complete your ID Verification. Feel free to coordinate with the team if you need further assistance.

Additionally, as a freelancer your profile picture has to accurately represent who you are, it obviously shouldn't be a photo of a place, a design or object, or someone or something else (also, misrepresenting who you are, goes against our Terms of Service.)

~ Arjay
Upwork
8f813b59
Community Member

8f813b59_0-1674704291903.png

8f813b59_1-1674704355257.png

Hello,

I just joined upwork about a week ago and I receive a notification about my account have to be verified for identity in (02/01/2023). However, when I click green "Get started" it shows nothing to navigate to verify my identity. There's no CTA button for verifying my identity. Can someone help me?

Hi Faza,

Thank you for your message. Based on the screenshot, you have already submitted the documents for review. I have followed up with the team and I am pleased to inform you that your account is verified now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ahk19
Community Member

Hello. I'm Ryan. I'm having a problem verifying my ID. I've already uploaded my ID but I got a message about suspending my account if I do not verify my ID in 24 hours. So what should I do?

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
4b33979d
Community Member

Almost 20 days by now and no email regarding my ID verification as governament ID was uploaded and a pop up showing it will be reviewed by our team and no visual verification made at that time yet no notification or email from upwork.

Hi Muhammad,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
252f039f
Community Member

Hello!

I am trying to verify my Identification. but I can't find where I can do Identify Verification.

Hi Zulkif,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie.

7a2c4235
Community Member

Hi! 

I provided an ID for verification but realized late that it does not have my address on the ID. I just recently moved back to an old place but all my valid identification documents still reflect the old address. The only documents I have that reflect my current address is an expired NBI clearance and BIR certificate of registration. What can I do? 

Hi Faith,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.
To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:
If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork
lordcyber12
Community Member

Hi , I'm Leandro Saccoletto , a brazilian freelancer, with difficult to solve ID document verification error.
At Brazil, the ID is RG (Registro Geral), at least what I know . His front part has my picture , my fingerprint and my signature. At back side , has the ID , adress, name , other ID data. So I can't send 2 pictures of my ID, and I can't send a picture with both sides of the ID. So what do I do to conclude the process ?
I'm began a contract recently here and wanted avoid issues during the payment process.

Hi Leandro,

Please send one of the sides and if the team needs any further information they will contact you directly.

~Andrea
Upwork
f8a31411
Community Member

Can an Upwork team member please give a manual review of my ID verification. 

The photo of my passport is taken with an iphone and follow all guidelines, yet it was denied after a 5/6day wait and I only have 3 and a half more days to approve my ID after submitting it again this morning

My selfie is also still being processed after a now 4 day wait?

thanks in advance

Hi Ryan,

I reached out directly to the team handling your ID review and submitted a follow-up. One of the members has reached out to you via email with more information and instructions on how to complete the process. Feel free to coordinate with the team by responding to the email if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f8a31411
Community Member

I did reply to that email and the only reply I've received so far is from
you
ebecb68b
Community Member

Hello, Upwork. How does the ID verification procedure operate? Four days ago, I won my first assignment. Since then, a pop-up message has been requesting that I provide a photo of a government-issued ID or passport as identification proof. My location and visual verification were successful. Even though I've sent both of these three times, I continue to get the error that my ID cannot be validated. Now that I have four days remaining until Upwork places a hold on my account, what should I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Umar,

~ AJ
Upwork
ebecb68b
Community Member

Hello, Upwork. How does the ID verification procedure operate? Four days ago, I won my first assignment. Since then, a pop-up message has been requesting that I provide a photo of a government-issued ID or passport as identification proof. My location and visual verification were successful. Even though I've sent both of these three times, I continue to get the error that my ID cannot be validated. Now that I have four days remaining until Upwork places a hold on my account, what should I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Umar,

~ AJ
Upwork
80c647bb
Community Member

I live in lebanon and my goverment id is in arabic language , although upwork mentions that they have translators for such situations , they are not accepting it and my identity verification has been rejected.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths