🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
f7fdfccc
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

there is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Roman,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,259 REPLIES 1,259

Hi Haidar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

I am trying to verify my Govt. ID card issued by govt of INDIA - Aadhar Card. It's a widely accepted govt photo id card it has my clear photo and other required info. 

I have selected the option of - 'Govt issued id'. After uploading it always says -'It'll take 1-3 business days' 

But after some days, I need to upload them again and the issue still persists.

45984639_0-1674978496646.png

I have created support tickets, but they automatically show 'solved'  after some time, but I  still don't have my issue resolved. I received an email that I need to get verified within this month and I really don't know what to do.

45984639_1-1674978640197.png

Please can someone answer how they got their ID verified when they were in similar situation.

Hi Aryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
23d83c44
Community Member

Hey there,

is there any way I can retake a photo that I took for visual verification? The process was way to fast and the picture got immediately sent. Anyways, I think I didn't take the photo as upwork is requesting so if there is any way to retake it, I would like to know.

Many thanks!

Please contact on support.

Hi Admir,

I can see that your verification is already in progress. If there's a need to retake the photo, the relevant team will contact you and let you know.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f8a31411
Community Member

I have resubmitted my ID for verification but only have 24 hours left for approval when the last time I got a reply 5 days later.

Can someone please take a look at my account and attached photo of my passport to verify my account, or at the very least extend the deadline I have for ID verification approval.

happy to get on a quick call with someone and have this taken care off asap.

Thanks in advance!

fcd5600c
Community Member

There is no menu item for verification by ID when I follow the link there is no such page either ... what is the problem please help me to pass verification. thanks

20230131_101819.jpg

when I try to log my account, there is a verification error massaage. so what I want to do verify my ID. Please help me.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heshani, 

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested but is being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Avery
Upwork
5db9762b
Community Member

I've been trying to speak with an agent for identity verification. When I click 'speak with an agent', it won't load. I have a screenshot of where it stays stuck.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sam, 

Have you tried clearing your browser's cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if the issue persists after these troubleshooting steps.

~ Avery
Upwork
3e7910e3
Community Member

Hi All,. I got an email that my upwork account has been restricted and that I have to complete an identity verification.  I have only NIN/NIMC CARD which is an acceptable means of identification in everywhere even in banks and I have also used it for verification on Amazon.  I don't understand why upwork keeps rejecting it . It is the only means of identification I have now .

And most painful part is that I have lost clients that want start direct contract with me and other ones I have in my account I couldn't complete because of this hold on my account. Please they should me verify this with our Nigerian national ID card .  

Waiting for your favourable response 

Hi Chizoba,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
12bdf6de
Community Member

I passed visual and location verification, but I can not pass ID document verification. I have sent multiple pictures of my driver license and everytime, within 5 minutes it says I haven't submitted an ID document. I do not get any type of notification that it failed or passed. It just asks to verify again.

Emmanuel,

You may be resubmitted too quickly and Upwork's system has been frequently slow processing this month. Wait at least a few hours or even overnight so the system can catch up. Have a great day!

Hi Emmanuel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
rb96
Community Member

I've uploaded three different (not blurry) photos of my DL and the system wasn't able to confirm my identity.

bdc2c7f3
Community Member

I uploaded my ID today for verification, but it's taking too long. I'm worried, because I have a contract going on, and my ID should be verified before the 2nd of February so my account won't be blocked. Will you please help me?

Hi Isbela,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we totally understand how you want your ID Verified as soon as possible. I can also see that you were able to raise a support ticket with your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Please allow our team time to complete the ID review and you should be getting an update within 24-48 hours.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths