🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity verification
Page options
hassium-inks
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

Hello, I'm sat here losing my mind actually.

So I had issues with my Payoneer card and my account was disabled. But I did not remove it from my Upwork. Got a message 8 days ago from Upwork that I needed to reverify. I sent my digital NATIONAL ID on my phone to verify, it was rejected three times even though I explained several times. Used Friday and Monday to process a new one at the local government building in my city and got the official national identity slip I used to verify my account in the first place. It just got rejected again. WAS told it's a photocopy that a colored one is needed. On my life I have never seen a colored version of the official national identity slip in my country. Only colored thing I know we have is the identity card itself and that takes  months to process. HELP 

How will I get color when that's the official thing here and I actually also used it to register on Every single platform I've ever needed to reg my national identity on?

Dying...

Edit: The slip is issued by the NATIONAL IDENTITY MANAGEMENT COMMISSION (NIMC), Nigeria.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Olatunde,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

655 REPLIES 655

Is solved, thank you

Hi Santos Abraham,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've reached out directly to the team handling your case and they confirmed that your ID is now verified. You can now see the ID Verified badge on your profile to validate the action taken on your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork

My account has been up for a year and I do not have a verification notification can anyone help , it is an object for me to make clients 

Hi Mateo,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. 

Don't worry! There's no restriction on your account so you can submit proposals to potential clients without problems. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi annie, 

I got the same problem. In my account settings the identity verification menu did not appear. Please help me 

Benny

20230428_190829.jpg

Hi Betty Tan,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello, please review mine, I am still waiting, I am willing to reverify if need.

Thanks.

Hi Leo Marco,

Kindly allow our team 24-48 to review the documents you've submitted and they will surely let you know if further action is necessary. Don't hesitate to communicate with the team if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
hassium-inks
Community Member

Thank you for the reply. I decided to follow up here because I know for a fact that the identity slips in my country are never in color form. The only difference is I uploaded it immediately after I got it yesterday from the local government office instead of laminating it first. I was told to laminate and only release for official purposes. Imagine my shock when I'm told to upload a colored slip ha 

5e9858fa
Community Member

Hi,

I just like to inquire regarding Identity Verified badge, I don't have this in my profile and there's no option also to for Identity Verification in my profile setting.

May I request for assistance to have my identity in upwork verified

Thank you

Hi Yenz,

Thank you for your message. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you so much on this but may I know if there's a TAT (Turn Around Time) for this Identity Verification roll out? Since I've been using my upwork account since Dec 2022, and already sending proposals to various prospect clients, not knowing this Identity Verified badge. 

Thank you

Hi Yenz,

I am unable to tell you the time window for the verification request. The team will notify you when they need you to verify your account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
j_wahrhaftig
Community Member

Hello, 

I'm. a US-based freelancer.

Every time I log into my account and look for jobs, I get a message that I need to verify my government ID. Unfortunately, I never received the dialog box on login to enable me to upload my government ID. Please provide a link or instructions on where to go to upload this ID. 

Thank you for your help.

- Joe

Hi Joe,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
968b2aaa
Community Member

There is a notification( Action required: Verify your identity by 02/08/2023 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. )
What does it mean?

It means, go to profile settings, id verification and verify your ID by either the 8th of February 2023 (If it is US locale) or 2nd of August 2023. 

Have your Country ID ready to scan in as well as a photo verification of your face. 

Hi Adil,

As advised by Keenan, that message is to notify you about the ID verification request initiated on your Upwork account. I see that you have already submitted your documents now. Please allow 1-3 business days for the team to review and update your account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
47c59875
Community Member

Hi there,

two days a go I complete my accont verification and I uploads all the requirment but they still say 1-3 business day required.

Any one can give me this answer I so thankfull.

Regards Shamsher Ali

Hi Shamsher,

Please wait 3 business days for your documents to be reviewed. If they still haven't been reviewed on Monday please follow up.

~Andrea
Upwork
47c59875
Community Member

Thanks Andrea for replay.

2278672d
Community Member

Can anyone help me please. 🥺 I'm new to upwork and I'm currently working with a client now. It's my 5th day working for them but I fear that my account might get suspended. I received an email from upwork that it will be suspended soon but I haven't received any update regarding the status of my id verification 🥺 Please help huhu. 🥺

Hi Jasmin,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
da5aacaf
Community Member

Hello, 

can I please have some help with the ID verification, My passport or any personal documents are taking forever to get renewed I live in Lebanon I'm sure there are a lot of cases like mine (we have an economic crisis)for that I'm being punished with account suspension, I know Upwork wants the best security practice for all but can I get some guidance, please?

P.s. this is not the account I'm facing the issue with 

Hi Elie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, I am a freelancer & I am facing a problem with Upwork! 

I am under 18 years old and there are a few days to be eighteen. So I can't verify my account now. But Upwork warned me about suspending my account. What should I do about that? 

Anyone, please suggest me something?

Hi Mahafuza,

Thank you for your message. It looks like you have already completed ID verification on your account now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
b9f75d74
Community Member

Hello all,

I have been uploading my Government issued ID with all thr given elements and guidelines properly, and upwork still does not accept my ID. The deadline to account suspension is near, and I have been trying many times but there js no solution. 

Is anyone else expreiencing the same?

Hi Emaan,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
4e074c97
Community Member

Hi everyone!

I'm Vasiliki from Greece and I'm having problem with id verification.

I've tried several times with my ID, passport and driving licence but still nothing.

I think the problem is tha in my country s Id frond side is not written much information, only photo,name written by hand and authoritys signature.

How can i solve this?

I'm afraid i might lose the job I'm starting next Monday..

Hello, Vasiliki .  I am new and the same thing happened to me, I have not yet had my first contract and I was trying to verify my identity, and in support, they told me that once I make my first contract they request the verification and that is when you must follow the instructions they send and attach the documents.

Hello Miryam,

thanks for the reply!

the problem is i made my first contract starting next Monday and i have to complete the verification until 10/2 as its written on my home page of upwork.. 😣

Hi Vasiliki,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
b9f75d74
Community Member

Hey everyone,

Im emaan, a newbie on upwork. 

I have been uploading my ID for verification with all given elements and guidelines, however, upwork has not been acceptng it. i tried many times, and upwork does not point out the reason of rejecting my ID.

The deadline is close, and my account will be suspended, I have launched several complaints to upwork support team, but of no use.

Has anyone else faced the same problem? Are there any solutions?

b9f75d74
Community Member

Same issue, my ID is not being accepted by upwork although i properly uploaded it according to all guidelines and elements. Only one day is left and my account will be suspended.

I have also launched complaints several times, but I could not resolve the issue.

alexisrod
Community Member

Hi, I have an issue with the ID verification platform. I have completed 2/3 steps on the 7-days verification process

Unfortunately, I have been stuck on the ID document verification step. I have done it multiple times and it still indicates that it will be reviewed, then it gives me the opportunity to upload again. I have uploaded multiples photos of my official ID and it does not allow me to continue the process.

I don't know whether there is a face mismatching issue since on the photo on my ID I don't wear glasses, and on my profile picture I do. My Tax ID that contains my address does not contain picture. I even tried with my Passport, and it didn't work.

I have taken several high quality photos of my documents, but there seems to be a technical issue with the platform.

Please help me. I have been trying to verify my identity since the notification was received and I only have 1 day (some hours) to verify my identity and keep working on the platform.

I started a chat via the Support section, but I have not been contacted in relation to this matter.

Alexis

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks Nikola. I have just received the email notification indicating the process has been completed and my ID verified! 

5e4482f0
Community Member

Hello Nikola

I have submitted my documents again but haven't heard back from any of the support staff even after they said that they will expedite my verification. Can you help me find out what's happening?

Hi David,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths