🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
hassium-inks
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

Hello, I'm sat here losing my mind actually.

So I had issues with my Payoneer card and my account was disabled. But I did not remove it from my Upwork. Got a message 8 days ago from Upwork that I needed to reverify. I sent my digital NATIONAL ID on my phone to verify, it was rejected three times even though I explained several times. Used Friday and Monday to process a new one at the local government building in my city and got the official national identity slip I used to verify my account in the first place. It just got rejected again. WAS told it's a photocopy that a colored one is needed. On my life I have never seen a colored version of the official national identity slip in my country. Only colored thing I know we have is the identity card itself and that takes  months to process. HELP 

How will I get color when that's the official thing here and I actually also used it to register on Every single platform I've ever needed to reg my national identity on?

Dying...

Edit: The slip is issued by the NATIONAL IDENTITY MANAGEMENT COMMISSION (NIMC), Nigeria.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Olatunde,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

655 REPLIES 655
759e32fa

Hi Olatunde,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you, Annie 😉
My account has been successfully verified 🤗

Hi,

I tried to verify my account but I cannot find the option "ID Verification" in the settings menu so please consider my issue and kindly request to you make sure to enable that option in my account!

Hi Akthar,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fcbf3843
Community Member

Hi, Luiggi I just created my account and when I went to apply for the job it asked me for the if verification so I went ahead and provided my new york state driver's license which is set t expire on October 28th, 2023  but when I sent the picture it said unable to authenticate the id you have to contact support and then it doesn't let me apply to the jobs I have opened the support ticket as well but have not got any reply from team want to know that is there kind of issue in my id or it expires date because of which it was not able to authenticate it and could please also if you help me out in this process as well.

Hi Nayyar,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties verifying your ID. I can also see that your case has been escalated to the appropriate team for further review and a support ticket has been set up as well. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your case and you'll be getting an update on this page once done. They will surely look closer into this and assist you accordingly. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi,

I have submitted my passport and secondary paperwork and was told it would take 24-48 hours to be verified but it hasn't been any changes.

May I request for assistance to have my identity in upwork verified

Thank you

Hi David,

I've submitted a follow-up to the team handling your ID review. One of the members will be reaching out with more information about the status of your account via email. You can also expect an update through a support ticket linked to your case here

~ Arjay
Upwork
5e4482f0
Community Member

Hello Arjay, 

I submitted the documents again, can you have it checked as I believe I submitted the correct documents now.

I have submitted a valid government-issued ID. And  your team verify it but your team doesn't send  me  visual verification kindly resolve my problem as soon as possible 

Hello

My account has been suspended due to id verification and i have applied for verification 16 days before but till now i haven't get any response form upwork team, as i have original id from govt. and i have all documents but still my id is not approved, please i am applying again for the id verification so, as i have go to verification but the page is not opening so please checkout that help with me that, its a humble request from my side.

Regards
Shivani Ahuja

Hi Shivani,

Thank you for your message. I checked with the relevant team and we do not see any documents submitted recently on this account. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding the same concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I should be 16 days till now. I have no email or reply back from the
support team as I have original govt documents to verify my account.

Regards
Shivani Ahuja

As Upwork can see its says you get mail or reply in 24 to 48 hours but still from 16 days i don't think they reply back regarding my mail or request as they are too busy with other things.

Hi Shivani,

I've checked with the Customer Support team and one of our agents will be following up with you via a support ticket.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Annie, hope you are doing well. Can you please help me? I don't have the option to verify my ID; I just got verified my phone number.

What I need to do ?? I am paying the plus membership, and I do not why I do not have this option.

Thanks in advance .

Roxx Andrews  

Hello Roxx, 

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
982899fd
Community Member

Hi Luiggi, Thanks so much for your support. Have a blessed day .

Roxx

Hello there, hope you are well. I have one question and I hope that someone will ease my troubles. I received an email that I need to confirm my identity again. That's what I did when I first registered. The first step is to send a picture of the ID document, which I did this morning. Now I'm waiting for it to be checked, but as step 3, it says that the visual identification has been done, and at the moment I haven't even gotten to that part. That's not the only thing that confuses me. I have been living in Serbia for 4 years, but I am a citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina, which means that I have sent a photo of my passport of Bosnia and Herzegovina. I hope it won't be a problem, because so far I haven't had any problems working on this platform. I look forward to any response and wish everyone a pleasant rest of the day.

Hi Sabina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow more time for our team to review your case if they need any further information they will reach out to you directly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
45d3d81d
Community Member

Hey! Do upwork accept PhilHealth ID? I badly want to verify my Identity.

Hi Sciro,

Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

~Andrea
Upwork
45d3d81d
Community Member

seems like you guys do but why is that my ID got rejected?

Hi Sciro Ricel Godwin,

I've reached out directly to the team handling the review. One of the members will provide you with more details and further assistance on how to resolve the issue. Kindly expect an update on your email and on this page with the support ticket linked to your case. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
6293ea58
Community Member

Greetings sir. I am writing in the hope that you will finally help me
resolve my location verification situation. I apologize if this post will
be a little long, but I simply need someone to listen to me and help me.
When registering, I sent my passport. I am a citizen of Bosnia and
Herzegovina (Sarajevo), but I have been living in Republic Serbia for
almost 4 years. I have been working on the Upwork platform for almost 2
years. I live here because I got married in Serbia, more precisely in
Mladenovac, which is one of the municipalities in Belgrade. Yesterday I
uploaded my document confirming my address in the Republic of Serbia. I
received that document at the police station, with a seal, and I sent the
scanned document in PDF format. Guess what, I WAS REJECTED. I want to know,
if I need to submit an official state document, how can it be rejected? I
am not a fraudster and I do everything honestly and in good faith. When I
first registered on the site, I could have put the address of the country
that is on my passport, but I didn't do that BECAUSE I DON'T LIVE THERE
ANYMORE, but in Serbia. I work from here and that's why I have the address
where I have been physically for almost 4 years. If you need my marriage
certificate, if you need information about my husband, who is a citizen of
Serbia, because the reason for my stay is marriage, I can send you
everything, but just TELL ME PLEASE! Since I come from Bosnia and
Herzegovina, which together with Serbia used to form Yugoslavia, I DO NOT
NEED A VISA, because our countries have bilateral agreements. I hope that
it is in our mutual interest to continue our cooperation, which is more
than excellent. If nothing else, I hope that you have someone from Serbia
in your team, who is a moderator, member of the customer support or an
administrator, with whom you could talk, and who would explain everything
to you in more detail and confirm everything that I have written so far.

Warm regards,

Sabina Petrovic.

Hi Sabina,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties verifying your location. However, I can see that you've been in contact with the appropriate team about the issue via email, and support tickets have been set up with your case as well here

I took a closer look at your account and can confirm that your location is now verified. You can see the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Feel free to coordinate with the team through the support ticket if you still need further assistance with your account and they will surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Annie Jane, 

I'm kinda exhausted as I have already provided my NBI clearance but still no emails were sent regarding confirmation of my identity. It's been a month that I've not received a confirmation. I cannot opt to use selfie verification as no information is available in my profile. Please assist. 

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 10.54.59 PM.png

Hi Christine,

I checked and it looks like you were able to complete the verification that was requested by the team. Please note that this verification request was not related to the Identity Verification Badge. 

~Andrea
Upwork
ac646ea6
Community Member

Alright, then how would I be able to have the verification badge? The only one that's missing is visual verification and it doesn't have the option in my profile. Please respond. Thanks! 

Christine, it doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi there.

I'm looking for help regarding the verification process. On March 29th, I received a notification from Upwork telling me to verify my identity, giving me a maximum date of April 5th to verify. I completed the process the same day I received the notification, and it has been almost a week with no change in the status. May I request for help with my case?

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling your case and they will review your verification as soon as possible. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
f2274d2b
Community Member

Hi Nikola,
I have the similar issue. I have uploaded ID and it was rejected. I read the requirements for ID verification, and the only thing which is missing on the ID is sdrees, since my ID has chip installed and the data about adress is on that chip. I don't know if this is the reason why my ID isn't validated, becouse I read that for passport the adress isn't mandatory.

Hi Djuro,

Thank you for your message. I checked with the relevant team and they have confirmed that your document was rejected due to a name mismatch. Please note that your registered name on Upwork must match your ID documents.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you Pradeep,
I have updated the name but my name starts with letter "Đ" and it is missed from my name contact info in the profile settings from some reason.
It seems that system doesn't accept this letter. 

Thanks for the complete explanation

Hi AJ,

I just recovered my account and regain access. It is asking for ID verfication. But when i try to do - It shows different name above the Date of Birth. Please Asisst.

-Zeeshan Rasul

Hi Zeeshan,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
bcd244fa
Community Member

Hi, yesterday I uploaded an old ID by mistake and is pending for approval.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths