🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity (ID) Verification
Page options
hassium-inks
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

Hello, I'm sat here losing my mind actually.

So I had issues with my Payoneer card and my account was disabled. But I did not remove it from my Upwork. Got a message 8 days ago from Upwork that I needed to reverify. I sent my digital NATIONAL ID on my phone to verify, it was rejected three times even though I explained several times. Used Friday and Monday to process a new one at the local government building in my city and got the official national identity slip I used to verify my account in the first place. It just got rejected again. WAS told it's a photocopy that a colored one is needed. On my life I have never seen a colored version of the official national identity slip in my country. Only colored thing I know we have is the identity card itself and that takes  months to process. HELP 

How will I get color when that's the official thing here and I actually also used it to register on Every single platform I've ever needed to reg my national identity on?

Dying...

Edit: The slip is issued by the NATIONAL IDENTITY MANAGEMENT COMMISSION (NIMC), Nigeria.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Olatunde,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

655 REPLIES 655
2cd98c8f
Community Member

Hi,

I tried verifying my account but it says I've reached the maximum number of
tries to upload my ID. And, there was no other alternative provided for me
to continue the process. Since then, I've not been able to send proposal or
do any other thing.

Please, what do I do now?

Hi Amarachi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
2b13aa9e
Community Member

Anyone review my profile and verify the details which i have submitted thanks.

2b13aa9e
Community Member

Anyone review my profile and verify the details which I have submitted thanks

iffat_office
Community Member

Hi Iffat,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
612a4ecc
Community Member

While trying to apply for a job here, Upwork asked me to verify my ID, so I uploaded a transparent photo of the front. However, I quickly received an email telling me my account is on hold because they couldn't authenticate the ID.

What am I supposed to do now to prove it is me?

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
612a4ecc
Community Member

It's been over a week and no one has reached out to me yet about the issue.

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3e3f21f1
Community Member

Hello,

Is verification done before or after getting the first job on Upwork? please inform me about it.

Hi Ann,

Thank you for reaching out. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested and we cannot say if this is done before or after you get your first contract as it varies. It is also slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork
cbc9ac95
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support,

I m unable to do verify my identity.Could you please look into my account and assist me with this issue? I would greatly appreciate it if you could let me know what I can do to successfully complete the verification process.

Thank you for your time and support.

7894dae4
Community Member

I was asked to verify my identity , then I completed the verification but after few hours it asked again and the again , now I have upload my id card information 5 times but after few hours it asks again . my visual and location verification was completed on 2 feb but id verification is not working not its 8 of feb 

Hi Shahid,

I reached out directly to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that your ID is now verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile as confirmation. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d277f70d
Community Member

Hi Team,

I have this upwork of mine created since 2014 and I just realized that most of the clients preferred to contact the Talents with verified account. Still, I do not have the ID Verification option from my Settings and I need to get a job. All information provided in my Upwork are true. I just needed to be verified. I hope Upwork team can see this.

Hi Sugar Ray,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
2ca53736
Community Member

Hello everyone! I've finally finalized my first client agreement!

I uploaded a selfie and my government-issued ID card (which has a photo, birthdate, and address) after receiving a notification from Upwork asking me to verify my identity.

However, I later found out that Upwork does not accept temporary ID cards or the previously sent cropped images.

I decided to resend my report, but there are no available channels for doing so, and there is nothing to do while their team is reviewing it.

The issue is that accounts can be temporarily frozen if a user cannot be identified within seven days, as I have repeatedly seen here. I've already waited longer than I expected for their review.

If their review is not finished within seven days, what might happen to me?

If my submission is rejected after 7 days, will my account be frozen?

If my account is frozen, can I still collaborate with my client using functional time tracking tools?

Finally, if Upwork verifies my submission despite the fact that it was made with a croped temporary ID image, I'm wondering if it can do something fundamentally wrong with my account. 

• I don’t have my ID card now except for the temporary ones. The public servant predicted that it might take longer than two weeks, which would already have passed the deadline. 

If you know anything about this, kindly leave a comment. Thanks.

Hello Jeong!

First of all,, it's not a big deal you can continue the time tracker Because the Upwork team will review it and will verify your identity. Because of under review they temporarily frozen it. So chill out

Thanks

42ffb7b3
Community Member

Hi,

I am new in Up Work.

Up Work requires identity verification otherwise identify verified badge will not be visible.

But unfortunately in my profile setting the identity verification tab is not available.

I would like to know more about this issue.

Anyone guide, please?

Best Regards,

Md Abu Tareq 

Hi Md Abu,

I have checked your account and looks like it doesn't need further verification just yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
42ffb7b3
Community Member

Well understood. Thank you very much.

hamzan921
Community Member

Hi, I want my connects refunded since my proposals were withdrawn automatically as soon as I was asked for identity verification.

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you failed to complete the ID Verification process by the deadline which is why your account has been placed on a temporary hold. However, I can now confirm that your ID has been verified and you should be seeing the ID Verified Badge on your profile as confirmation.

Please note that If you don’t verify your identity within 7 days of notification we will place a hold on your account. The hold will prevent you from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will be canceled as well. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts and it will be removed once you’ve verified your identity.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3476619c
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I am writing to follow up on my recent ID verification submission to your platform. I am a registered freelancer on your platform and have submitted my ID verification.

As per the instructions provided on the platform, I was advised that the review process for ID verification may take up to 24 hours. However, it has now been more than 48 hours since my submission, and I have not received any updates regarding the status of my verification.

I understand the importance of thorough review processes, but I am becoming increasingly concerned as I have ongoing contracts with clients that require my immediate attention. I am eager to have this matter resolved as soon as possible so that I may continue to fulfill my obligations on the platform.

I kindly request your immediate attention to this matter and would appreciate any information or update you could provide regarding the status of my ID verification submission. If there is anything else required from my end, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance in this matter. I look forward to your prompt response.

Sincerely,

Hamza Naeem

Hamza,

Check your support ticket on Upwork to view the status. Thanks!

Hi Hamza,

William is correct. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
ddcca489
Community Member

I am new to upwork but there's an alert message on my upwork account saying I should complete ID verification, which I have done. But my account is yet to be verified and the message is still there. I am also given a 7 days deadline to verify my account hence it will be suspended.

How can you help me please.

Probably I need to speak with an agent

Hi Akolade,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your submission and update you regarding your submission. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received.

~ AJ
Upwork
hamna1butt1
Community Member

Hi I am hamna I am trying to verify my account but is unable to do so. I attached the documents thrice but when I attach my Bak statement jpeg image and try to submit I get a message sorry your request cannot be processed at this time. I need your help

Hi Hamna,

Hopefully one of the Upwork Agents will post a message about your verification problem.

You could also try starting a chat with an Upwork Agent in the Upwork Support area clicking the Get Support button.

Hi Hamna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
08622c4f
Community Member

Hi! I've been struggling for over a week to verify my ID even though I already verified my location and visual identification, every other day I check and sometimes I have to redo de ID verification because it says whether I haven't done it or that Upwork Team is reviewing my ID, I don't know if that would affect my payment process. 

ID verification error.png

Hi Luisa,

I'm sorry for how this could've inconvenienced you. I reached out to the team working on your verification and can confirm that it is now completed. You should be able to see your ID Verification Badge within the next 24 hours. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bb7a67e4
Community Member

Hello I'm Nigerian, I've created my up work account since last year, I just my first payment last week and it's seeming like I wouldn't be able to withdraw it as my country isn't offering the required means of ID requested by upwork. I submitted my certificate of origin which was rejected and the only available means now is my National Identity Number slip which is printed in black and white and definitely upwork is going to reject that too. Please help, what do I do, I have just two days left to verify or my account will be withheld 

Hi Oyebo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
75ccd168
Community Member

I have a complete profile and it shows profile completeness but still no notification for verification for the profile.

could you please help with this issue? Most of the proposals are rejected as of not been verified.

b19b6b13
Community Member

Hi everyone I hope you're doing well.

I have used Upwork in the past, and my account got suspended and required ID verification.

so I started the ID Verification process , but turned out that my country is not on the LIst.

So I started this account and I Don't want to start applying for gigs because I know it will be suspended again.

So How Can I Verify my account with a a Sudanese ID?

and if a Sudanese person lives outside the Country what is the process of ID Verification look like

447ab3ab
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1-3 business days." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process as we need to get more  jobs

2ca53736
Community Member

I have just received my government-issued ID card yesterday after Upwork informed me that only two days remained to submit.

I followed the process to identify myself as soon as I received it, but I am not sure this will last until the deadline.

Now, it's just about 1 day left, and photos that I submitted for visual verification about 5 days ago are still being processed.

I am also concerned about my first live contract with a client.

Is there any way for my account to avoid being frozen?

If you have a suggestions please inform me. Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths