🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
35c60370
Community Member

Identity Verification

Why can't I see the option for identity verification in my profile settings on Upwork, I have already completed my profile on Upwork, but still cannot see the option for identity verification, what should I do to ensure that my identity is properly verified and being able to access all of the features and benefits of the platform? I need help please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Trisha Mae,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,030 REPLIES 1,030
bilsim
Community Member

You will be invited by Upwork by email to verify your identity, if/when Upwork decides it. It can't be initiated from your end.

7b1ce63c
Community Member

Yeah, Biljana V you are right 👍

622144a4
Community Member

But how much time time they took. 

Because I have created my profile on upwork almost 7 months earlier but still there is no notification or email received regarding id verification. 

Just because of unverified id clients are not responding to my proposals and still I am struggling for my first proposal 

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep H, i need help over my upwork account verification badge. I created account in January 2023, but still i got no  Identity Verification badge. 

Any help community memebrs.
Regards

Sunny Negi

Hi Sunny,

Account verification cannot be requested at this time. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Mr Pradeep

But because of unverified id clients are not responding to my proposals and still I am struggling for my first proposal.Please help out from this problem.

Hi Mr Pradeep H

But due to unverified id, clients are not responding to my proposals and still I am struggling for my first proposal.Please help me out from this problem.

Identity verification 

1. My profile not show blue tick therefore clients not respond my proposals.I have been upwork register  for almost a year

Please check my profile thanks 

Hi Ashraf,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

You say right

dfaeeb9e
Community Member

Ok I am ready

ArjayM

Hi Trisha Mae,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

~ Arjay
Upwork
475120a0
Community Member

Identify verification.

I submitted an application for verification 4-5 days ago, but still have not received any result. What is the reason for this? Can you help me?

1c421b6a
Community Member

The link for "Identity Verified"badge is not accesable. How to overcome it? 

nurah1
Community Member

I have already  uploaded the documents for ID verification on 8th May, 2023. It's still under the review. I am getting pop-ups fpr action required to verify the identiy by 15/05/23. Please let me know how long it will take. 

8d714160
Community Member

Hi,

I submitted my ID and Selfie for verification 5 days ago now.

Nothing happened yet, what could be the problem?

Thanks,

Uroš.

Hi Uros,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I followed up with our team and they will review your verification as soon as possible. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
cec1a56b
Community Member

Hi,

I submitted my ID and Selfie for verification 3 days ago now.

Nothing happened yet, what could be the problem?

Hello nikola

my identity verification didn't show on my settings, can you help me with that? i want to verify my upwork profile

Hi Andika,

We are slowly rolling this option out to freelancers. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site. You’ll be asked to upload an official government ID and meet with us for a quick video call. Once you successfully verify your identity, a badge will be added to your Upwork profile.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, 

Let me know what is the criteria for id verification and how to get verified because I am waiting for 7 months to get email for verification but nothing happened 

Hi,

I would like to get verified but since I don't have a last name in any of my Govt. Ids, I'm worried about the application not being approved. If I follow your suggestion about giving my first name in both the fields, what happens when I try to add payment method because my bank account is in my first name only.

Kindly Please provide assistance. I'm very confused as to what should I do.

Thank You

Hi Prashant,

The last name section cannot be left blank. If you do not have a last name, you can add the first name in the last name section. If your account is flagged for name mismatch, our team will manually review and approve your request as long as it adhere to their guidelines.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you Mr. Pradeep,

One more thing. The last date to verify my profile has passed, can I still verify my profile? Also do I've to change my profile name with my first name in the last name section as well?

622144a4
Community Member

Hello Sir, 

I have created my profile 7months earlier but till the date I didn't receive any email regarding my id verification. Just because of that unverified id clients are not responding to my proposals. So, please let me know how to solve this issue. 

ganrelyn
Community Member

Hi, 

Just want to know the status of my "Identity Verification" process. I uploaded the ID and follow the steps last July 29,2023. When can I expect it to be verified?

Thank you so much.

Hi Renilyn,

Thank you for your message. Apologies for the delay in reviewing your document submission. I have followed up with the team handling your account to expedite the review process. One of our team members will be reviewing your submission and updating your account soon.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks again.

Hello,

I already uploaded my ID a week ago for verification and was been taken a visual verification yesterday and today I saw a message popping that I am unable to complete ID Verification due to a suspension on my account. What could be the problem?

Respectfully,

Alexis

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea G

I have already verified my identity and have received the verification badge as well. Not sure why Upwork is asking me to reverify my account. Because of this, I'm unable to apply for any jobs. Whenever I hit the apply button, it redirects me to an 'Identity Verification page. Could you please assist? Screenshot (38).png

cec1a56b
Community Member

Hello Support
My Account is Not Verified yet and i had uploaded my ID and its over 3 business days already and im unable to withdraw my funds as well, its so fustrating cause i have contacted you over and over again and i havent gotten a response to know when my account isnt verified yet> Please help me to get my account verified so i can be able to withdraw my funds

2173b753
Community Member

I have uploade my documents as on 15/05/2023 but still my id is not verified, i am recieving notification to make it verify before 22/05/2023.. Kindly guide and help me to resolve my issue at priority..

I just shifted from another freelancing forum and tryin to move my all previous clients to Upwork.

Hi Shazia,

I checked your profile and can see it is being reviewed. In the meantime, you can still work on improving your profile and resubmit it with any changes.

To help you create a complete and quality profile, check out these Upwork Academy courses:

If you experience any issues with your profile submission or review, please contact support by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie Jane B

I have already verified my identity and have received the verification badge as well. Not sure why Upwork is asking me to reverify my account. Because of this, I'm unable to apply for any jobs. Whenever I hit the apply button, it redirects me to an 'Identity Verification page. Could you please assist? Screenshot (38).png

0b0fc18f
Community Member

Hello

I'm having  problem, I uploaded a wrong profile picture different from me, and my account verification is still on review, but I'm not able to change the picture to mine, please help me on this. Please I really need to update it. Thanks

Hi Monsuru,

Thank you for reaching out to us. As a freelancer, your profile picture has to accurately represent who you are, it obviously shouldn't be a photo of a place, a design or object, or someone or something else.

I reached out to the team handling your ID review and they confirmed that you should have the option to update your profile photo on your profile. You can go to Settings> My Profile> Select the pencil icon here to update your photo. Let us know if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths